Treetops45

DLSS/Nvidia RTX Cards?

When I try to set DLSS in the Graphics section of MSFS, the side panel says that I need a Nividia RTX card.

Is this correct?  Are there any settings for a GeForce GTX 1060 6GB that will let me use DLSS?

T45

2 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

When I try to set DLSS in the Graphics section of MSFS, the side panel says that I need a Nividia RTX card.

Is this correct?  Are there any settings for a GeForce GTX 1060 6GB that will let me use DLSS?

T45

You need a 2000 series card or better for DLSS.

• Like 2

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Yep, this is the moment when the GTX cards are starting to miss out on new technology. Cha ching... 

Jacek G.

…and very soon RTX3090 owners will be craving for 4090s, DLSS3 and 100+ fps 😉

• Like 7

i9-12900KF | Asus ROG Strix OC RTX 3090 24GB | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | WD Black SN850 2TB | LG 77" OLED | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals |

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

17 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

There will always be something to crave I fear. I remembered when I craved that 486DX2 running at 66 mHz with its massive 8 MB of RAM and a 420 MB HDD!

• Like 13
  • Upvote 4

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

A reminder that FSR 2.0 support is coming (similar upsampling technology supported by all DirectX 11+ GPUs), and likely with Sim Update 11 or the next major update. While it won't be as good as DLSS 2.x and 3, it is still something, and the quality of FSR 2.1 seems very promising.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Don’t think so as I use Vsync /30 hertz and both my 3090s are handling my 4K high/ultra settings with ease…

• Upvote 1

Gerard

12900K (8 cores @ 5.1-5.5 GHz / 8 cores @ 3.9 GHz ) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 4000 mhz / cas 16- Inno3D RTX3090 X4 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 43” Sony 4K tv's in NVSurround

8700K : all 6 cores @ 5.0 GHz - Asus ROG 370 - 2x 8 Gb 4000 MHz @ 3600 Mhz - Inno3D RTX 3090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - 1x 55” Sony 4K tv

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

When I use DLSS, I get a permanent message at the bottom left corner of my screen (during flights) showing my GPU card stats.

Does anyone know how to remove this message?

I am running a 3090 GPU with the latest studio driver.

2 hours ago, OverTheEDJ said:

When I use DLSS, I get a permanent message at the bottom left corner of my screen (during flights) showing my GPU card stats.

Does anyone know how to remove this message?

I am running a 3090 GPU with the latest studio driver.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/how-to-disable-the-dlss-overlay/528962/3

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i9-12900KF | Asus ROG Strix OC RTX 3090 24GB | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | WD Black SN850 2TB | LG 77" OLED | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Where do you find a DLSS menu  I am using DX 11?

spacer.png

Bob Cardone         MSFS 2020 , Fenix A320, Milviz C 310 , Kodiak , Simple Traffic  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    ATC  by PF3    FlyVirtual.net  CLX PC

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

Where do you find a DLSS menu  I am using DX 11?

It's in the antialiasing options. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

It's in the antialiasing options. 

It says DLAA, is that the same? Anyway I just tried DLAA and it looks like word not allowed. 

Edited by Bobsk8

spacer.png

Bob Cardone         MSFS 2020 , Fenix A320, Milviz C 310 , Kodiak , Simple Traffic  

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

It says DLAA, is that the same?

Nope, keep scrolling the options until you see DLSS. It needs an RTX card and a fairly recent driver in case you don't see it.

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

Just now, JSmith2112 said:

Nope, keep scrolling the options until you see DLSS. It needs an RTX card and a fairly recent driver in case you don't see it.

OK, I guess my driver is too old, because that option never shows. up. 

spacer.png

12 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

OK, I guess my driver is too old, because that option never shows. up. 

Some people in the beta reported that they had this issue as well even after updating drivers. I don't know if it was ever solved.

The latest Game Ready or Studio drivers should work.

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.