Sign in to follow this  
b1bmsgt

A310

5 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

And the MD-11 is also coming along, oh joy.

Deep joy, indeed.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

On 9/30/2022 at 11:38 PM, lwt1971 said:

Some interesting tidbits from the iniBuilds discord... looks like a new development update is coming "soon" at September-end or early Oct.

--------------------

mazay28/09/2022

what will the a310 have in the MFS in terms of fps ? I just didn't want him to gobble up all the frames

lowpolybutt (Josh)6948eb91babde3f1d035ddfe4cf8b10d.webp?si28/09/2022

Performance is at the absolute forefront of our minds during development. I don't have any exact figures to share at this moment, but it is one of our top focus points

--------------------

Jeremy Clarkson28/09/2022

will any streamers get the plane slightly early to show it off before release?

Uh off the top of my head I don't know; there's a few more cogs involved in the A310 release than our previous releases; closer to the time I'm sure plans will be announced, if we are able to make them

--------------------

kirai28/09/2022

Will the plane be as well finished as in Xplane? Tablet, buttons functionalities etc...

Gumby28/09/2022

yes

The final feature set has yet to be announced; but I can confirm that there is a very well made EFB as shown in our last dev preview, I believe

--------------------

Robert25Yesterday at 13:45

So, how is it going with the A310 for MSFS?

lowpolybutt (Josh)6948eb91babde3f1d035ddfe4cf8b10d.webp?siYesterday at 13:47

Very well 🙂 hoping to have a dev update out :soontm: , but it's a very busy time for all of us so I'm not gonna guarantee it to be out by month end

Hmm, based on what iniBuilds is saying here, I don't think the A310 will be as polished as iniBuilds was hoping it to be, if it's not ready to be streamed yet. I hope I am wrong, but it looks like the deadline is getting very tight for iniBuilds.

Having said that, I don't doubt that if the A310 isn't as polished as it is for release, iniBuilds will keep working on it until it is polished. Anyways, no worries. If the iniBuilds A310 is as good as the PMDG 737 and Fenix A320 at release, I think that will be good enough. Even the PMDG 737 and Fenix A320 are still going through updates and improvements after the release, so if the iniBuilds A310 matches the PMDG 737 and Fenix A320 on release, it will have been a successful release for iniBuilds.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

51 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

I'm in love with that 310. And the MD-11 is also coming along, oh joy.

Have there been any updates about the MD11? It's like they announced pricing in January (?) and then nothing.

3 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Hmm, based on what iniBuilds is saying here, I don't think the A310 will be as polished as iniBuilds was hoping it to be, if it's not ready to be streamed yet. I hope I am wrong, but it looks like the deadline is getting very tight for iniBuilds.

Ya we'll get more details soon.. not sure if the streaming thing is something to indicate level of completeness/polish given that this is now an aircraft being released as part of core MSFS and their 40th anniv edition. Given that, iniBuilds might not be as free to allow streamers early access etc, and MS might only want it previewed via their feature discovery videos or whatever. That said, iniBuilds have said they'll put out tutorial videos and other dev updates etc before release so at least they themselves are allowed to preview it outside of MS/Asobo.

Overall iniBuilds sound happy about progress so here's hoping we get a fully fledged aircraft on the first go on Nov 11th.  I imagine any future updates to it might need to come thru core sim SU updates? Unless the partnership agreement allows for iniBuilds to provide updates/fixes thru their regular channels. Also not sure if these 3rd party aircrafts coming in SU11 will be part of the open beta, which I hope starts very soon! If they are included I guess that'll be the way reviewers/streamers can preview these birds.

• Like 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

The A310 is one of the main reasons I “switched” (started flying) MSFS.  It better be ready.  It better be great.

• Like 1

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

2 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

Have there been any updates about the MD11? It's like they announced pricing in January (?) and then nothing.

Not that i know of. It's probably scheduled for the last days of 2023 or even 2024, they want to get it right.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I simply cannot wait for SU11 and the A310 amongst the other aircraft coming. SU11 is going to be the best update to come for MSFS in its entire history and yes I mean the last several decades.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Konterhalbe said:

He's betting, the A310 will be released [by ini] by the winter holidays and he expects Working Title goodies to be released by that time too.

This news have been out for a while now. Microsoft Flight Simulator Celebrates gamescom with Its First-Ever City Update and Shares New Details for Its 40th Anniversary Edition - Xbox Wire 

5 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

Whatever the reason for the lack of updates hopefully it's given them time to reconsider their pricing policy.

• Like 1

Latest from iniBuilds (bolded quotes below) and their replies to certain questions/doubts that keep coming up... what they say specifically about MSFS flight dynamics is quite frankly what I'd think is the state of things now as MSFS keeps marching from SU to SU. They've also mentioned a few months back how their MSFS A310's flight model is on par with their XP version, so not surprising to hear they now aim for it to be better than XP in that department, along with the systems and other areas that are already being rewritten and enhanced beyond their XP implementation.

https://discord.com/channels/535246634448191499/784467650612822016/1027999147695026216

MJ — Yesterday at 13:41
"I really think you need to wait - we have a LOT of cool stuff
We are just busy with getting it done.
Much better to show it off with Microsoft when its all ready to go."

Cammac — Yesterday at 13:56
"The FS2020 version of the aircraft is not going to be half done at all. We are aiming above and beyond what we had in the XP version including areas of flight dynamics, what is possible in FS2020 is quite amazing and gets better update by update."

lowpolybutt (Josh) — Yesterday at 13:56
"Y'all are gonna be blown away"

Given that their EFB is implemented in HTML and systems in WASM, looks like they'll be providing full networking support (i.e. navigraph) once Asobo adds it, which is also something that PMDG is waiting on.. and looks like Asobo is adding that support soon for WASM.

MJ — Today at 07:26
"@kirai / others who were querying SB / Navigraph. On initial launch most likely both will not be in our EFB. Our EFB is in HTML and systems in WASM - especially our FMS. Some networking functions are coming to allow us to add these in. The JF146 can have SB especially as FMC is not sitting in WASM as far as we can tell, and we need to allow both EFB and FMC to talk to each other. So albeit, on initial launch these will not be in you can be rest assured they will be promptly added when we can. Top prio on investigations list."

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 3

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS

8 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

Latest from iniBuilds (bolded quotes below) and their replies to certain questions/doubts that keep coming up... what they say specifically about MSFS flight dynamics is quite frankly what I'd think is the state of things now as MSFS keeps marching from SU to SU. They've also mentioned a few months back how their MSFS A310's flight model is on par with their XP version, so not surprising to hear they now aim for it to be better than XP in that department, along with the systems and other areas that are already being rewritten and enhanced beyond their XP implementation.

https://discord.com/channels/535246634448191499/784467650612822016/1027999147695026216

MJ — Yesterday at 13:41
"I really think you need to wait - we have a LOT of cool stuff
We are just busy with getting it done.
Much better to show it off with Microsoft when its all ready to go."

Cammac — Yesterday at 13:56
"The FS2020 version of the aircraft is not going to be half done at all. We are aiming above and beyond what we had in the XP version including areas of flight dynamics, what is possible in FS2020 is quite amazing and gets better update by update."

lowpolybutt (Josh) — Yesterday at 13:56
"Y'all are gonna be blown away"

Given that their EFB is implemented in HTML and systems in WASM, looks like they'll be providing full networking support (i.e. navigraph) once Asobo adds it, which is also something that PMDG is waiting on.. and looks like Asobo is adding that support soon for WASM.

MJ — Today at 07:26
"@kirai / others who were querying SB / Navigraph. On initial launch most likely both will not be in our EFB. Our EFB is in HTML and systems in WASM - especially our FMS. Some networking functions are coming to allow us to add these in. The JF146 can have SB especially as FMC is not sitting in WASM as far as we can tell, and we need to allow both EFB and FMC to talk to each other. So albeit, on initial launch these will not be in you can be rest assured they will be promptly added when we can. Top prio on investigations list."

@lwt1971 Thanks for the update! I look forward to flying the A310 when it's released in SU11!

• Like 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

I have never owned an ini Builds aircraft before but regardless they have made their way into one of my favourite developers, just their attention to detail and keeping such products up to date and improving on their work is excellent. I look forward to other projects they will be introducing into MSFS in the future.

• Like 3

Some latest tidbits from iniBuilds on their discord re: the soon releasing A310

Josh6948eb91babde3f1d035ddfe4cf8b10d.webp?si 23/10/2022

"The flight model work our team has done is incredible. Roll pitch and yaw feel as one would expect; feels heavy but not unresponsive"
"It has a fully featured FMS and a flight model tuned for MSFS and in some ways, superior to our XP product."

scotgr31/10/2022

'Will streamers get the chance to stream with the A310 before release?"

MJ6948eb91babde3f1d035ddfe4cf8b10d.webp?si31/10/2022

"nope"

Dani ZijlmansYesterday at 18:20

"Will the A310 keep getting updates or only a release and done?"

Josh6948eb91babde3f1d035ddfe4cf8b10d.webp?siYesterday at 18:21

"No we'll definitely be updating it"
"Should clarify when I say "updates" I mean bug fixes, to my knowledge we're not committing to adding features, especially as we think it's pretty feature-full as is. I'm not saying we won't, I just want to clarify we're committing to bug fixes for sure"

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 4

Len

Wasn't there some training material (be it videos, articles, etc.) intended to be released before the actual aircraft release?

Quote from that thread:

"The FMS (flight management system) which is an essential component for the navigation of the aircraft, has been completely re-written from the ground up allowing for more realistic operations on day-day flying, along with new features not previously seen on iniBuilds products. The FMS will allow for full lateral and vertical guidance modes including RNAV approaches and overlay NDB VOR approaches. We will provide a comprehensive training guide on these, and how they can be used. Please note this is not a modern Airbus so there are some quirks and they have been fully reflected in the aircraft to provide a great deal of immersion, and these will all be explained in our training series!"

Reading it now again, it looks like those training series will be released after the actual addon release.

1 hour ago, Konterhalbe said:

Reading it now again, it looks like those training series will be released after the actual addon release.

Ya they're heads down on working towards release on Nov 11th so not focusing on creating preview content even... the training material will come after.

Len