Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

FSLTL - live traffic finally released

1 minute ago, Alvega said:

Yeah, i don't do the same because I prefer my sim to load fast even if I have less models and repaints. I don't have the sim on an SDD so if I have both AIG and FSLTL models it takes an eternity to load. 

Oof. I can only imagine. Yeah. The initial load time has definitely increased even running off an 860 EVO SSD. You should consider an SSD. The peace of mind alone that it won't randomly fail on you is worth it. 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

1 hour ago, styckx said:

Both are installed. From what I read the FSLTL  injector will fall back on AIG models if it doesn't have one itself

Injector only injects native .gltf models from AIG. Real time online uses also .mdl models.

Last week in this thread (I thought) somebody posted a full page treatise describing all of the tests he had done on FSLTL, most of which I couldn't understand at the time. 

I remember he said that he was using the ingame editor, entering an AI aircraft tail number into the search box and seeing the flight path displayed in the map. I thought he said he was able to actually follow the AI plane in the sim.

At the time I couldn't figure out what he was doing, but the other day I noticed that FSLTL keeps a log and a copy of all of the flight plans that it downloads in a temp-plans folder inside the user's AppData/Roaming/fsltl... folder. I loaded one of these flight plans, with the BAE146 aircraft and hit Fly, and AI pilot flew me from KLAS to KLAX.

There's also a lot of reference URLs in the log file

What else are people doing with FSLTL and FlightRadar24? 

Is this a recommended AI Traffic add-on?

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

After a few days of using FSLTL

One complaint.

The ground traffic at start at an airport is severely behind FlightRadar because it's still "doing the math". Which causes OVER 9000 planes to depart gates all at once. Then due to MSFS's limited ATC causes actual FlightRadar incoming flights to have to do (and sometimes multiple) go arounds because the  runways are swamped with departing aircraft. Then then entire flow of things just gets discombobulated

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Yup, I love it.

It's simple to install, runs great and adds so much more life to the skies and airports.

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

A few quick questions:

1. A lot of times I'll notice the injector says something like "KBED using 15 additional parked aircraft"...yet only 1 or 2 actually appear?  Sometimes none at all.  I've noticed this happens at small regional GA fields mostly.  

2.  When the parked traffic does populate...it's always a 172 with a blank white livery.  Am I doing something wrong with my settings, or is this just how it is right now for GA parked traffic?

3.  The FSLTL in sim toolbar application isn't showing up for me.  Any idea why?

1 hour ago, FakeWayne said:

yet only 1 or 2 actually appear?

I'm guessing the parking is actually too small to use whatever aircraft it tried to spawn.

1 hour ago, FakeWayne said:

3.  The FSLTL in sim toolbar application isn't showing up for me.  Any idea why?

Do you have the injector folder in your community folder (or linked to it)? I've seen people saying they don't have the FSLTL in the toolbar when they install the injector folder outside of the community folder and don't link it. Mine is on other folder but linked with Addons Linker to the community folder and I have FSLTL on the toolbar.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

So I tested it today. I had AIG for modelmatching in VATSIM till now and never used AI as I fly only in VATSIM.

I like the easy installatiaon and the 20s startup (compared to 5min with AIG). I use FSLTL only with static aicraft to populate the gates. The moving traffic is done by real vatsim users.

So far so good. What I would like to see is pulling VATSIM data for gated AC and dont spawn statics on these gates. That should be doable with all the apis. That would be amazing

Lukas Dalton

I fly a lot in the evenings Mountain time as that’s the only time I can squeeze weekly flights in, a lot of freighter activities then. I noticed there are issues with the UPS flights, they’re all called UPS 5, like due to the fact that the flight numbers for them on FR24 start with 5X. I’m going to hit these guys up on Discord today.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

9 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

I'm guessing the parking is actually too small to use whatever aircraft it tried to spawn.

Interesting.  When using AIG or the default AI Ground traffic...this is never an issue and I see plenty of parked ground aircraft.

9 hours ago, Alvega said:

Do you have the injector folder in your community folder (or linked to it)? I've seen people saying they don't have the FSLTL in the toolbar when they install the injector folder outside of the community folder and don't link it. Mine is on other folder but linked with Addons Linker to the community folder and I have FSLTL on the toolbar.

Ah that makes sense.  I'll have to do that after work.  Thanks for the heads up.

1 hour ago, DaWu said:

I use FSLTL only with static aicraft to populate the gates. The moving traffic is done by real vatsim users.

So far so good. What I would like to see is pulling VATSIM data for gated AC and dont spawn statics on these gates. That should be doable with all the apis. That would be amazing

I think this might be a good way to go as well. Never thought to use it for static aircraft at the gates. Would like to also see your suggestion come to fruition as well. 

Eric 

Was going to try FSLTL today vs AIG with certain settings, but I could literally not keep AIG running long enough to get good FPS data, it kept constantly closing.  It's obviously superior in coverage outside the US, but I can't keep it open long enough to make a difference.

I guess FSLTL wins by default.  

8 hours ago, FakeWayne said:

When using AIG or the default AI Ground traffic...this is never an issue and I see plenty of parked ground aircraft.

It's more that you just aren't noticing it. AIG uses real wingspans which causes ALOT of parking issues due to Asobo adding an extra 12foot ring around parking spots to protect won't overlap. FSLTL sidesteps this by reducing the wingspan of most of it's models to essentially trick the sim into thinking the aircraft are smaller so that they'll park closer together.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS