Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

FSLTL - live traffic finally released

5 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Well parked aircraft are also in numbers of aircraft, aren't they? Not %

No, it's percentage. Check the setup video on the first page at 10 minutes.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

I have set 60 scheduled 6 static,  I spawned at Gatwick, launch injector and had 136 aircraft total. So not sure if it's number of aircraft. 

CPU Intel Core i9 13900K, GPU :RTX 4090 FE, RAM : Corsair Vengeance DDR5 32GB@6000MHz, SSD : Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe M2, Monitor : Asus PG42 UQ

4 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I dunno. Just having maximum 10 of parked Aircraft seems a bit on the low side, especially at night at airports where nightflying is prohibited completely. And I set my Parked Aircraft number to 3, but the injector spawned 4 at LDSP. At that time only one flight was actually scheduled. So I got one IFR parked aircraft and 4 unassigned statics.

This is a strong indication that 3 probably means 30%.

3 minutes ago, Farlis said:

This is a strong indication that 3 probably means 30%.

That's correct. And you shouldn't use a high number or you will have the gates full with static aircraft and then the AI aircraft disappear when landing because they have no space in the gates. I use just 2 for static aircraft and never seen an aircraft disappear after landing with that value.

• Upvote 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

16 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

No, I don't think they are. Seems to be something to do with the size of the airport? But I have no idea what's going on. One things for sure, the statics tank my fps!

55 minutes ago, Alvega said:

No, it's percentage. Check the setup video on the first page at 10 minutes.

Ok got it. Seems like parked AI is a 0-100% slider but the other values are numbers. I've just set it to 0. 

Options:
* You can control the number of IFR flights by setting a number when prompted - the default gives good coverage with minimal performance impact - you can go higher but expect slowdowns! Disable IFR flights by entering 0.
* You can control the number of VFR flights by setting a number when prompted - the default gives a few GA flights - GA control is beta and not close to perfect. Disable VFR flights by entering 0.

(readme file)

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

At the moment I'm just using FSLTL, no AIG. Looking at Toronto Pearson Intl, there's very little activity compared to FS24. Many gates and parking spots are vacant. So I guess I need to set some parked AI. Otherwise I've got 85 IFR and 15 (max) VFR. 

EDIT: Setting 10 which is max parked and all the parked AI end up at CYTZ Billy Bishop, 14 in total. Still lots of vacant gates at Pearson. 

EDIT2: Ah, I'm parked at Bishop but I flew with the drone to Pearson. Probably why all the parked AI ended up there. 

EDIT3: Re-spawned at Pearsons and I have plenty of parked AI. Although they're very nonsensical, like a couple of A321's from Air Portugal. 

I even got a pointy nose generic 4-engine airliner. 

Dvnmi86.jpg

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

5 hours ago, Farlis said:

You HAVE to install the FSTL package as well. Two examples of Airlines that the Injector will not fall back to if you only have AIG installed: Eurowings and UPS.

Besides that, it will pick a Air Malta livery for a Ryanair 737. Had this yesterday when atc called a just landed Air Malta plane, Ryanair.

17 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I even got a pointy nose generic 4-engine airliner. 

It is because FSLTL has no A380 model (yet). If you keep your AIG models in the community folder, FSLTL is using the A380 from there...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

1 minute ago, AnkH said:

It is because FSLTL has no A380 model (yet). If you keep your AIG models in the community folder, FSLTL is using the A380 from there...

Yeah, that might be the best solution. Someone mentioned the risk of stability issues, but I'll take the chance and see how it goes. 

3 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

EDIT3: Re-spawned at Pearsons and I have plenty of parked AI. Although they're very nonsensical, like a couple of A321's from Air Portugal. 

Dvnmi86.jpg

TAP Air Portugal fly their A321neo LR to Toronto

Edited by GreyStone93
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Gerwil said:

Besides that, it will pick a Air Malta livery for a Ryanair 737. Had this yesterday when atc called a just landed Air Malta plane, Ryanair.

Malta Air, it is co-owned by Ryan Air. AIG has the Airline code attached to that livery as RYR, as does Flightradar.

So it wasn't technically a mistake, but a flaw in livery matching via airline code.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, GreyStone93 said:

TAP Air Portugal fly their A321neo LR to Toronto

Wow, I just assumed the range was too short. More than 3000nm from Lisbon. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett

Very interesting to read everyone's comments.  These are certainly promising early days with FSLTL. 

However, for me at least, the FPS hit is just too high.  Landing at a large urban airport post-SU 10 in an airliner is usually a smooth ~30-35 FPS at the moment without injection, but FSLTL turned on with its default settings drops landings for me down to a more stuttery 23-26 FPS.  That's too high a price to pay, even for a free add-on.  For the moment, it appears we have an immersion vs performance choice ,and I choose performance right now, which is so good in SU 10.  I will still follow this with interest, though, and will watch people tinker with the FSLTL settings to see if we find anything more performant.  

18 minutes ago, Iiari said:

For the moment, it appears we have an immersion vs performance choice

Indeed. I can barely manage over 30fps at large hubs like KORD (with the nearby KMDW). With my rig I need to reduce TLOD to take the load off the main thread. Otherwise it's a stutterfest.