Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

FSLTL - live traffic finally released

5 minutes ago, Alpine Scenery said:

Thanks for an actual meaningful reply, that's what I was wondering. So does downloading extra ones, can I add to them and it will still inject them, like using the AIG ones?

Sorry, I don't have time right now to read the whole thread, so many threads trying to keep up with.

I can't answer your questions but this is why I have been looking at this today https://secure.simmarket.com/simflea-offline-ga-traffic-msfs.phtml.
This used to be freeware and is now payware. It looks like flightplans and 3 new liveries each for 5 GA aircraft and is sold as 'optimised for  use with Simple Traffic, FSLTL etc but I haven't tried it and don't fancy GA with green stripes everywhere. I would love some simple generic liveries that don't stand out.

PS The injector provides the option to inject GA/VFR flights but the addon does not provide additional GA liveries like it does for passenger jets.

Edited by toby23
  • Like 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, Windows 10

@Alpine Scenery

Using these settings:

spacer.png

I see this:

I assume that this is the PA28 livery that @toby23 mentioned. Despite having generic modles and blank liveries allowed, this is all I see. Note too that the injector mentions 18 additional parked aircraft but there are only 2. (The 3rd is me!)

spacer.png

• Like 2

Yes, that's the PA28 livery.
I'm beginning to suspect something is up. Little Nav Map showed me 2 GA aircraft on the ground but there is clearly only 1. If I am right and this is a sim bug, this would explain why we are not seeing more 'GA' when they should be visible..

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by toby23
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Alpine Scenery said:

Thanks for an actual meaningful reply, that's what I was wondering. So does downloading extra ones, will it still inject others you download?

Sorry, I don't have time right now to read the whole thread, so many threads trying to keep up with.

Still learning new things about FSLTL. Today I learned that there's only one GA model included, the PA28. It also seems there's some discrepancy between injected VFR AI as reported by the injector, and what is actually in the sim. 

However, there's a few solutions for adding more GA models:

1) The Simflea Simmarket option

2) Phantoms freeware GA mod at flightsim.to

I've tried both of these. Simple to install, just place the folder in community then set amount of GA using the AI offline slider in the sim. I tested at EGKA Shoreham and got 15-20 GA at the airport with Simflea, but only one with Phantoms. I think I wrote about it in this thread but can't be sure - so many threads trying to keep up with 😉

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 3

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

2 hours ago, styckx said:

Provo is a grass field now? What even is this?

Did you even read the text at the bottom of the post?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Did you even read the text at the bottom of the post?

What tickles me the most is that he tells Alpine Scenery to "learn to read" no 3 answers later...

You can't make this stuff up.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I for one am deeply grateful for this single point solution. If Fifi is anything to go by, this product will continue to evolve and improve and become increasingly comprehensive. I am delighted with my current implementation (I only use the models on VATSIM) and look forward to future iterations.

As with every experience from the FBW ecosystem, I am left impressed and obliged.

C

• Like 3

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

5 hours ago, cianpars said:

... I wonder if that's due to the aircraft textures being to big. Reducing the size of those textures would also free up a lot of disk space as well as improving performance.  I don't know how badly it would affect the quality though....

Some people have done this with good effect (maybe around page 33 of this thread, I don't remember, haha) and it knocks the FPS hit down substantially with few artifacts or quality loss.  Hopefully the formal project might have options for this in the future.  Apparently deleting the effects folder for plane lights, flaps, etc helps substantially too...

Has anyone else have notice this?  So i did a quick flight from Seattle to Vancouver just to test.  I left seattle and had traffic taxiing, taking off, landing and such, also had my normal multiplayer traffic with tags.  By the time i arrived to vancouver, there was no traffic at all, not even multiplayers, no tags in the sky or anything. Thats not normal, especially at vancouver right now with people exploring the new canada world update.  I just did this same flight over the weekend and had traffic.  last night, none at all.  This also happened to me at KATL.  

Does this have to do with the amount of objects loaded or something, I've never had this happen with AIG injector.    

14 minutes ago, Iiari said:

Hopefully the formal project might have options for this in the futur

Don't count on it, from discord today:

"we are not going back to standards from 20 years ago, sorry"

that was in response to someone asking about 2K textures.

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

6 minutes ago, MarcG said:

Don't count on it, from discord today:

"we are not going back to standards from 20 years ago, sorry"

that was in response to someone asking about 2K textures.

Whilst they would prefer not to, I'm sure they could make it an optional feature.  Perhaps that's too much complication considering that nobody is making any money out of it.

It's still the best though.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

2 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

However, there's a few solutions for adding more GA models:

1) The Simflea Simmarket option

2) Phantoms freeware GA mod at flightsim.to

I've tried both of these. Simple to install, just place the folder in community then set amount of GA using the AI offline slider in the sim. I tested at EGKA Shoreham and got 15-20 GA at the airport with Simflea, but only one with Phantoms. I think I wrote about it in this thread but can't be sure - so many threads trying to keep up with 😉

I have just bought the SimFlea version which needs to be installed with the 'new' SimMarket software... 
It works as advertised and adds GA AI to smaller airfields across the UK and works well together with Phantom's free BGL to add more GA aircraft variety to whatever addon you might choose to use for commercial aircraft e.g. FSLTL or Simple Traffic.

I asked SimFlea about their product and they said:

Thank you for your purchase, if you’d like to create more liveries you’re more than welcome to upload them to flightsim.to.
The 5 aircraft are the MSFS generic AI general aviation planes which are more fps-friendly than the stock general aviation planes. Only two of the stock GA planes have true AI versions, the other eight are the full flyable versions.

It would be great if livery makers would upload liveries to flightsim.to, which would add variety to the GA AI.

Aircraft with visible coloured stripes in the screenshot below (EGTK payware) are from SimFlea's GA AI package.

spacer.png

Edited by toby23
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, toby23 said:

I have just bought the SimFlea version which needs to be installed with the 'new' SimMarket software... 
It works as advertised and adds GA AI to smaller airfields across the UK and works well together with Phantom's free BGL to add more GA aircraft variety to whatever addon you might choose to use for commercial aircraft e.g. FSLTL or Simple Traffic.

You use both together? 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

7 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

You use both together? 

I do. Aerosoft Simple Traffic + SimFlea + Phantom's custom GA BGL.