Sign in to follow this  
rayharris108

WU Canada is out

16 minutes ago, Eclex said:

The only solution to salvage this airport while keeping the rest of WU intact is to remove just the 'Bella' airport from the WU sub-list in the content manager, and then buy the marketplace Orbx CYBD as a stand alone.

The airport isn't causing the elevation issue. It has been there since launch.

Edited by Tuskin38

After sim update but before installing Canada update:                                                                                                                    After Canada update:

Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-30-09-2022-00 After Canada update: Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-30-09-2022-01

Same before & After as above:

Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-30-09-2022-00 Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-30-09-2022-01

So, for me at least, the CN Tower is fine either way, but this is hours after the download went live so it could well have been server overload for others as suggested. Oh, and note the jagged tiles. Still some present after installing the Canada update but less so.

(All above shots are with zero add-ons active, as I suffered two CTDs on my first 2 attempts to load a flight (this one) after updating the sim).

Edited by 109Sqn

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

Pluses for me:

Again, the clouds are presenting themselves much more 'attractively':

Time set to 18:23, Live weather (although it would have been near pitch black if I'd set live time as well):

Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-30-09-2022-01

I've never seen the clouds or mist being caught between the buildings as well as this before. I've seen it with forests but this is the first time in a city setting for me.

Secondly, the new VFR map is finally working for me as it wasn't loading after SU10.

Finally, best of all, and I've no idea if it's a change installed with the update, but for the first time in a year or so, I was able to record the flight without stuttering! Maybe it's a one-off, but fingers crossed something has finally stopped any overlay external to the sim (e.g. Game Bar) causing this issue for me. Hopefully I haven't spoken too soon...🤞

(All above shots are with no add-ons active, other than FSim Studios/Orbx CYTZ Billy Bishop and FlyTampa CYYZ Pearson International).

Edited by 109Sqn
  • Like 4

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

Just did a flight in Victoria out of CYYJ and the terrain spikes are noticeable in the area going all the way down to the city.  Looks like a patch is needed.

• Like 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

6 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

For now I have gone with uninstalling WU11 and reinstalling the Vancouver Bridges and Port.

Looks much more like the real thing. 😉

Yep WU11 is a wash I'm afraid.. Toronto is a complete mess as are most locations in Ontario.

That is testing right after the Wu11 was installed.  Looks like a mess! Now if they were throttling back the server steam, that might explain it, but if not, a total mess.

I have now uninstalled wu11 and have somewhat better scenery (as it was previous) prior to the installation of WU11.  Looks like most cities (with the exception of some of Edmonton, got hit with nuclear radiation!! CN Tower is melting as is buildings in the downtown core! as is Ottawa and parts of Montreal, as is Vancouver and most of Calgary.  Arg. well most of us were so looking forward to this update but turned out to be a total disappointment. This is the worst update from the onset of this sim even to the sad point of having to yank out the update and revert to the previous content.  (Will try again after they redo this.. (WU11 v2.0!).

Please refer to the "Official POLL Forum at MSFS: and vote !! 

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/official-discussion-poll-world-update-xi-canada/546177

Edited by nbrich1
  • Like 3

I had a lot of fun tonight exploring but spent most of the time flying over my hometown Halifax taking in the new PG for the area.  It looks good and doesn't seem to have the melting building effect like some of the older PG areas so I'm quite content.  Of course if you get super close up (ie landing on the street in front of your house 😉 ) it does of course degrade a bit but even from 1000 feet up it looks quite convincing to me.  

I use FSimStudios CYTZ which meant my CN tower was being displayed from that package but I do agree that it's bizarre that arguably the best known landmark in Canada is not a custom POI.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Yep a tad les FPS. Toronto is much more populated and it is a heavier scenery.. plus it's in rough shape and melting even due to the nuke that just landed from world update Xi. (Don't know if it will help but all emergency staff have been notified) !

I see in some of those screen shots above the CN Tower looks almost real?

I'm seeing the melted version. However the rest of the PG in the area is not terrible.

Isn't there AI at work with this and it improves over time?

The other thing about TO I didn't like is that the PG ended flying north before I even got to Eglinton Street.

If I recall the freeware version of GTA by Roman Design had photo scenery all the way up to Sheppard Avenue and beyond.

Edited by FBW737

2 hours ago, Doering said:

Many of these city shots remind me of the movie "INCEPTION". I certainly do hope the poor PG is the reason. 

Lol...I've been saying that about the Photgrammetry since MSFS was released back in 2020. Even today, London and Santa Barbara are good examples of this 'Inception' melted buildings and monolithic trees phenomenon. And don't get me started on the solid walls of bridges and dock cranes we get with PG. Yes, it sure can make some beautiful visuals when it all works. But one melted building or solid wall bridge, and I am pulled right of the beautiful view immersion. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

My CN tower is a blob. And the rest of the buildings are melted.. NUKED!  Yes Roman Design has Toronto and surrounding areas as well as some airports. Also did Niagara Falls which fixes up that area and "The Falls".   (We need that for sure!!!)

(Refer to his site: https://flightsimulation.romandesign.ca/ )

Edited by nbrich1
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, FBW737 said:

in some of those screen shots above the CN Tower looks almost real?

There must be an addon scenery at work... the default WU11 does not look like that.

Bert

3 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

There must be an addon scenery at work... the default WU11 does not look like that.

As I said in my first post of screenshots, there were no add-ons active in those two (everything disabled via Add-ons Linker). And the following post only had the two airports active. However, CYTZ does have a bespoke CN Tower, Rogers Centre etc. Can't speak for anyone else's shots of course.

I couldn't wait to install this but then my Market Place is grayed out for some reason. As it turns out, I am stupid. I lost internet connection last night mid-flight (DC-6 on final to PABR/Barrow Airport) and this sim kept popping messages up about losing connection. Apparently, I turned everything off. Pretty annoying considering out internet was just fine.

Edited by Sonosusto

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---