Sign in to follow this  
rayharris108

WU Canada is out

4 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

They labelled Toronto City Centre Airport as Pearson 🤦

Yeah everyone knows its called Elsewhere Airport

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Fielder said:

The Oilers will beat the Canucks in hockey this year too, by the way.

I must be one of the few Canadians that is more into soccer (or as the rest of the world calls it, "football") rather than hockey.  So whoever wins between the Oilers and Canucks, I'm all good 🤣. I'm more into watching the Vancouver Whitecaps and Toronto FC 🤣

Now if the DHC 3 turbine otter comes out in MSFS one day, I hope somebody will make this livery:

c-ghaz-harbour-air-de-havilland-canada-d

BTW, congratulations on Canada making the World Cup this year!

• Like 4

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Are the orthos generally better quality?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

I'm in Canada, and have always been impressed with the photogrammetry for my home city of Ottawa (I cab go right to my house.)  It isn't on the list at the top of this post.   Does that mean nothing has changed, or has it been taken out?

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

Not realy impressed with this update, some places look realy wired ( up at Yukon at this area - a lot of elevation issus, not looking good at all..) 😏

But around Edmonton it looks well done..

cheers 😉

Edited by pmplayer
  • Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

32 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

And yet Edmonton photogrammetry is pretty good.  What is going on?

Can't Asobo get good photogrammetry data for Vancouver and Toronto? Why does Edmonton photogrammetry looks so good?

(I'm just bitter that metro Vancouver looks like a wasteland while Edmonton looks so good)

Maybe someone can figure out how to salvage the good parts..

• Like 2

Bert

Edmonton already looked good before the update; I hope they have not ruined it with trees, like they have done in many other places.

I am really disappointed with WU updates recently; Italy WU ruined cities like Naples and Rome; there was the lackluster USA update and now this. I know it is free and I loved what they had done before (eg Japan, Switzerland, Spain), but I wish they could make it perfect before they release and certainly not ruin what was good before.

I don't think they updated the Edmonton photogrammetry, because I remember this construction site from before the world update. It also has the old public library building which was rebuilt several years ago.

HA5lmoH.png

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

I don't think they updated the Edmonton photogrammetry, because I remember this construction site from before the world update. It also has the old public library building which was rebuilt several years ago.

HA5lmoH.png

For University of Alberta, the photogrammetry looks pretty good. I checked out University of Alberta in MSFS shortly after the release of MSFS in 2020 and I don’t recall it looking as good as it does now with photogrammetry.

Overall, Asobo is doing something right with Edmonton with photogrammetry, but they are doing something wrong with metro Vancouver photogrammetry.

Edited by abrams_tank

Glad to see that the awful green tint is gone from the area immediately surrounding CYYC. It was a bit of a buzz kill on short finals.

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

53 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

Are Is the orthos photoscenery generally of better quality?

Fixed 😄

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

19 minutes ago, Barnes said:

Glad to see that the awful green tint is gone from the area immediately surrounding CYYC. It was a bit of a buzz kill on short finals.

Only to be replaced by photogrammetry houses with green tint all over Calgary 🤣. All the photogrammetry houses in Calgary look like they have mold on them 🤣.

Edited by abrams_tank

2 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Only to be replaced by photogrammetry houses with green tint all over Calgary 🤣. All the photogrammetry houses in Calgary look like they have mold on them 🤣.

well. Remember high river catastrophe ? 😛 

• Like 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

6 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

They labelled Toronto City Centre Airport as Pearson 🤦

Be fair, they look so similar!🤪

2 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

I must be one of the few Canadians that is more into soccer rather than hockey. 

Sit in the box for 2 minutes and feel shame!😉

• Like 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

Used to fly around Revelstoke a lot in FSX so I see they did Castlegar and I'll take a look.  Haven't done any scenery since FSX days, but the elevation issues look like classic FSX where you install new mesh.  In FSX water polys were all flat with elevation set, so the polys have to match the surrounding mesh elevations.  Doing rivers was a pain as you had to chop them up and change the elevation of the polys going up/down stream by 2-3 meters at a time (float planes don't like it too much).  I did the river from Spokane all the way past Revelstoke and it was monster work.

scott s.