Sign in to follow this  
rayharris108

WU Canada is out

1 minute ago, DaveS said:

and my home airport of KMKE has been Gen Mitchell Heliport for over a year lol

Well the error I pointed out is only in the trailer, it's fine in the sim.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

For those who love to visit Canada and hunt for location at the same time. I have created this mod with add Canadian famous filming location across Canada. The changelog contains hints where you should look for them

https://flightsim.to/file/41043/famous-movies-filming-location-point-of-interest

Hey @fogboundturtle. Does Metrotown shopping center look like this for you?

04ac6ceef43d274835bfd5ed3783656df4a7bc1a

If Metrotown shopping center looks better for you, let me know. Maybe I had a bad connection or something.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

1 minute ago, abrams_tank said:

Hey @fogboundturtle. Does Metrotown shopping center look like this for you?

04ac6ceef43d274835bfd5ed3783656df4a7bc1a

If Metrotown shopping center looks better for you, let me know. Maybe I had a bad connection or something.

The photogramnetry of big building is an hit an miss in Vancouver. Some building looks burned. others looks perfect.

I worked in the following building for 10 years and it's pretty spot on 

IhwGxGY.jpg

• Like 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

2 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

The photogramnetry of big building is an hit an miss in Vancouver. Some building looks burned. others looks perfect.

I worked in the following building for 10 years and it's pretty spot on 

IhwGxGY.jpg

This is what I saw for Knight Street Bridge:

eb0ed3a989a501ef4343cf21f87f290cc61d109e

and Lansdowne shopping center:

39a0c829069eaa79d65680ace19b46ef1a1d39af

If you are seeing better quality than this when you flew over Knight Street Bridge and Lansdowne shopping center, let me know.  I really hope I just had a bad connection. Otherwise, I'm pretty disappointed with this Canada World Update for metro Vancouver.

I was hanging out at JFK looking at AI traffic, then as I returned to the main menu to change to LAX, I was advised of an "essential packages update". My reacting at first was "what the world not allowed is this". THEN I remembered Canada was scheduled for today. Sweet! Good trailer. Already started on a flight list: 

Destruction Bay Yukon
Prince of Wales Hotel Alberta
West Kootenay Regional Airport BC
Banff Springs Hotel Alberta

I probably won't fly anywhere else for the next month - so my next world tour is delayed until further notice 😁

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

1 minute ago, abrams_tank said:

This is what I saw for Knight Street Bridge:

eb0ed3a989a501ef4343cf21f87f290cc61d109e

and Lansdowne shopping center:

39a0c829069eaa79d65680ace19b46ef1a1d39af

If you are seeing better quality than this when you flew over Knight Street Bridge and Lansdowne shopping center, let me know.  I really hope I just had a bad connection. Otherwise, I'm pretty disappointed with this Canada World Update for metro Vancouver.

I see the same thing all over the place. It looks like the photogrammetry in Vancouver cover a very large area (LML) but the quality of bigger building is very coarse at time.  One note though, the accuracy of road and building is absolutely spot on. Much better than before.

• Like 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Just now, fogboundturtle said:

I see the same thing all over the place. It looks like the photogrammetry in Vancouver cover a very large area (LML) but the quality of bigger building is very coarse at time.  One note though, the accuracy of road and building is absolutely spot on. Much better than before.

Ok, it's not just me then 😞. The photogrammetry is that bad for metro Vancouver 😫

Ahh well, FSimStudio said they might do a scenery enhancement package for metro Vancouver. I hope they will do it. I guess we'll see.

I am seeing the same PG issues all over.  The CN Tower looks like an assteroid hit it and got embedded in it - LOL.  I have a 1gb connection so I know it's not my bandwidth.  I also noticed that the snow implementation at Bella Coola is horrid...........the runways gets completely covered in snow and you cannot see it - looks unrealistic - maybe it's an MSFS issue.

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

So if you fly in Edmonton, you just hit gold with this Canada World Update:

6197359a9b9a401ccc4d53d0b532aab52a291a1e

f8ac52997e4160239e5a2c6c2127c4579c9496f0

Look at that beautiful photogrammetry for Edmonton!  I wish Vancouver had the same quality of photogrammetry that Edmonton has 😞

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Ok, it's not just me then 😞. The photogrammetry is that bad for metro Vancouver 😫

Ahh well, FSimStudio said they might do a scenery enhancement package for metro Vancouver. I hope they will do it. I guess we'll see.

For now I have gone with uninstalling WU11 and reinstalling the Vancouver Bridges and Port.

Looks much more like the real thing. 😉

• Like 4

Bert

I'm sure everyone has seen the Canadian airports sale on the marketplace window. Other big MSFS retail sites have sale on the same Canadian  airports. And the homepages of the airports builders have sales. Even flightsim.to. It happens every world update!

I have maybe purchased 40 airports altogether. All but 1 was on sale (Burbank). And almost all of them right after a world update. That's when I always strike!

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

10 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

For now I have gone with uninstalling WU11 and reinstalling the Vancouver Bridges and Port.

Looks much more like the real thing. 😉

I don't get why Edmonton has such good photogrammetry.  From downtown, to University of Alberta, etc, Edmonton photogrammetry is looking pretty good.

But metro Vancouver photogrammetry looks like a war zone.  SMH.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Moose said:

PG in Vancouver and Toronto was horrendous,   London(UK) levels of apocalyptic hell.    Not impressed at all with what I've seen so far.  It's getting deleted.

Lot's of elevation issues as well. I'm re-enabling the freeware mesh for BC/Vancouver Island.

Bit of a fail to say the least.   They clearly need to put WU's in public beta as well as SU's.

And yet Edmonton photogrammetry is pretty good.  What is going on?

Can't Asobo get good photogrammetry data for Vancouver and Toronto? Why does Edmonton photogrammetry looks so good?

(I'm just bitter that metro Vancouver looks like a wasteland while Edmonton looks so good)

The Oilers will beat the Canucks in hockey this year too, by the way.

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.