Sign in to follow this  
mikelockwood

Bijan vs Accuseason

Does anyone else think we need an extra short setting?  Even at short, they still look slightly too big to me.

As for the tall setting, I don't know if anyone would ever use that.  You would have to be deranged with no sense of proportion,  or an Ent!  :laugh:

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

Does anyone else think we need an extra short setting?  Even at short, they still look slightly too big to me.

Agreed. I thought I'd found the holy grail of tree sizes with another mod. But as it turned out it was incompatible with AccuSeason. The one I mentioned in the post above yours isn't. 

This is with the mod active: 

gc5c0Ne.jpg
ROC7oXG.jpg

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Upvote 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

2 hours ago, Mets737 said:

I've been using Bijan for as long as I can remember but him going mia prompted me to check out REX accuseason and I dont think I will be looking back. I've had every REX product since the beginning of time so it was a no brainer.

Does anyone have photos comparing tree sizes in Accuseason? Thanks!

Anyone hear from Bijan?

Edited by udidwht

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.4123/IntelCorei7-3770K/GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3/32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24/AsusRTX2070OC8GB/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/2 TB PNY CS900/(x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs/LGBlueRayBurner/RosewillChallengerTowerBlack/CorsairRM750wPSU/X56HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo/TrackIR5Pro/34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p/TM2xMFDCougar/OculusQuest2/InateckKU5211PCIe3.2/LTERIVERPCIeG2S4/TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US/Windows 11 Home 22H2 22631.3593/i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi II/RTX 4060/32GB DDR5 5600mhz/650w Gold PSU

On 10/5/2022 at 12:26 PM, Virtual-Chris said:

When I looked into both a couple of months back, one of the big detractors from Rex was that in winter it was not masking roads so everything was snow covered… even major highways which is not only unrealistic, but makes VFR unnecessarily difficult. Bijan’s product handled this properly. Has Rex addressed this?

On 10/5/2022 at 5:12 PM, MrSpeaker said:

I would pay money if REX could do something about the god awful snow in the winter, especially on the runways and taxiways

On 10/7/2022 at 7:23 PM, F737MAX said:

...fix the snow on roads issue described earlier on this page—all without impacting performance—I will be extremely happy.

Hi Virtual-Chris, MrSpeaker, and F737MAX. Hope you are all doing well and thanks for your question and comments and I wanted to give you a good response via a couple of images. This content will be arriving soon.

HDIS9vy.jpg

AQj0F6E.jpg

And here is a copy of the first image, but with a more dramatic evening scenario, which I think looks pretty nice so I thought I would share. 

8LRazzQ.jpg

Edited by MikeT707
Uploaded image
  • Like 12
  • Upvote 2

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Just now, Virtual-Chris said:

@MikeT707That looks better... is that now part of the product?

Coming soon. We have been working on this for quite a while.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Just now, MikeT707 said:

Coming soon. We have been working on this for quite a while.

Cool. Let us know when it's out. I think I will buy it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MikeT707 said:

Hi Virtual-Chris, MrSpeaker, and F737MAX. Hope you are all doing well and thanks for your question and comments and I wanted to give you a good response via a couple of images. This content will be arriving soon.

HDIS9vy.jpg

AQj0F6E.jpg

And here is a copy of the first image, but with a more dramatic evening scenario, which I think looks pretty nice so I thought I would share. 

8LRazzQ.jpg

Very nice, I just bought acuseason last week. I love it Btw. 

• Like 3

I left the Tree size on default + irregular.. but now the concern about having even smaller trees has me wondering if i should have put it to small.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

I use small and irregular for tree size. 

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

1 hour ago, Maxis said:

I left the Tree size on default + irregular.. but now the concern about having even smaller trees has me wondering if i should have put it to small.

I use the same setting. From above it looks more true to real life with default size, god knows why (probably a limitation of 3d models on a 2d screen). On the ground they look too big, yes, but I spend more time in the air, so ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maxis said:

Hi Maxis. You can always change it to try out the smaller size and change it back to default size. Just have to be out of the simulator, change the size, then fire up the sim and see how you like it. 

• Like 3

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

My arm is slowly being twister here, whilst I find Bijans mod very good the Accuseasons pics and upcoming 'clear roads of snow' feature does look great. Initially (even before I bought Bijans) I thought I'd wait it out for Asobo to introduce seasons, but alas with their half-baked approach at releasing features & past history of ignorance I don't hold much hope that they'll be any good at release and improved upon thereafter, whereas Rex are clearly showing signs of wanting to continually improve their product. Just need to find £25 though, best look down the back of the couch!

• Like 2

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)