Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

iniBuilds A310 first impressions

For those who don't want to go on discord remember iniBuilds have a MSFS forum section too, along with FAQs, i.e. this one on the FPS issue: https://forum.inibuilds.com/topic/5975-too-bad-fps/#comment-22623

Forum section: https://forum.inibuilds.com/forum/259-a310-300-for-microsoft-flight-simulator/
All FAQs: https://forum.inibuilds.com/forum/270-faqs/

• Like 3

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

1 hour ago, JSmith2112 said:

Umberto, is this something that can be fixed by the user if they had Fast WASM compilation on?

You can try this:

- Enable DevMode, then start a flight, or enable it when you are already in flight.

- From the DevMode menu, be sure "Enable Fast WASM compilation" is DISABLED

- EXIT from the sim.

- Remove this folder, if your MSFS is from MS Store:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages\microsoft-aircraft-a310-300

or this one, if you are on Steam:

%APPDATA%\Microsoft Flight Simulato\packages\microsoft-aircraft-a310-300

- Restart the sim, it will recompile the WASM code with Fast compilation Disabled. Now you can disable DevMode, if you don't use it.

2 minutes ago, virtuali said:

You can try this:

Have you done this? Did it work?

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

2 minutes ago, virtuali said:

You can try this:

- Enable DevMode, then start a flight, or enable it when you are already in flight.

- From the DevMode menu, be sure "Enable Fast WASM compilation" is DISABLED

- EXIT from the sim.

- Remove this folder, if your MSFS is from MS Store:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages\microsoft-aircraft-a310-300

or this one, if you are on Steam:

%APPDATA%\Microsoft Flight Simulato\packages\microsoft-aircraft-a310-300

- Restart the sim, it will recompile the WASM code with Fast compilation Disabled. Now you can disable DevMode, if you don't use it.

None has worked unfortunately, still no DLLs being compiled 😕 and still shows DEBUG. I wonder, where does MSFS compile those intermediate DLLs (for fast WASM compilation), maybe somewhere else apart from the Roaming folder? What I am puzzled, it seems that doesn't affect everyone. 

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

I think the best to wait for iniBuild, pretty sure they will find the solution as now we know what has caused the problem at the first place.

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

17 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

None has worked unfortunately, still no DLLs being compiled 😕 and still shows DEBUG

That's weird.

In fact, I tried it now, and no .DLL is being compiled after clearing the Localstate folder, but DevMode's WASM Debug window indicates it's a RELEASE build however, no .DLL is there, meaning the sim is likely running the WASM intermediate code, instead of the native x86 .DLL.

The airplane loaded quite quickly, not taking many minutes, like other planes with WASM after an update.

Edited by virtuali

Just tried the 310 for the first time and I seem to be one of the lucky ones. No FPS issues. It felt similar or even slightly smother than the Fenix (in VR).

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

2 hours ago, Zangoose said:

Then you get to the whole debate maybe Fenix/PMDG should just do this basic radar or map weather overlay so there it something rather than nothing altogether. 

fenix/pmdg being serious developers opted to do nothing rather than offering a misrepresentation of what a Wx radar really is, just for the sake of putting some colorful bands on the ND. In practical terms, this kind of "radar" is not only useless but may be quite misleading as well.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Shack95 said:

Just tried the 310 for the first time and I seem to be one of the lucky ones. No FPS issues. It felt similar or even slightly smother than the Fenix (in VR).

Same, it performs just as smooth and optimized as any other default Asobo aircraft for me.

My first takeoff was pretty scary though, tried to hand fly it up to 10k feet just to get a feel for the airframe handling and whoa!!! I felt the air playing tug of war with this big bird.

I was bracing the yoke the whole time trying to keep the wings leveled and quickly engaged the autopilot.😅

I would say this thing is certainly more complex than a "fly on rails" feeling.

We can pretty much throw that phrase out at this point, the new aerodynamics/physics with these later Asobo updates ensure you feel the airframe's mass and inertia for sure!!!!😅

Edited by blueshark747
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

I seem to be one of the happy ones. Stellar performance; no less than Fenix. This is an aircraft I most definitely will use often. It feels really good hand flying, sounds and textures are great (using the extra from the marketplace). Properly impressed by getting this quality for free. 

• Like 3

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Did an 8.5 hour flight getting screen smears again but I think that is the PG server getting hammered but anyways all went well loving the plane reminds me of the LvL D 763 back in the day.

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

Can you guys look in this folder and see if your plane compiled correctly? @Swe_Richard @blueshark747@Shack95

it should look like this:

spacer.png

Edited by V1ROTA7E

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

Just arrived in KSFO. I am in love with this beauty. 

noeI1HZ.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

Hmm.. oddly enough that folder is empry apart from the 'work' subdirectory.

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

2 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

Just arrived in KSFO. I am in love with this beauty. 

You and me both. Really impressed.

• Like 1

Richard