Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

iniBuilds A310 first impressions

hey guys is there any intermediate solution for fps loss? That is only show stopper for me right now to use A310.

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

So far I like the aircraft. Im not noticing a FPS hit yet. Maybe its because I run it at 1080p? 

The sounds were a bit loud but the EFB has volume controls for all the sounds so you can adjust to your liking.

2 hours ago, GCBraun said:

so not sure what was the drama about the API when SU10 was released.

It's apparently not realistic enough. I'm not a dev so can't say what's wrong with it.

3 hours ago, GCBraun said:

The weather radar also seems to be working fine for me, so not sure what was the drama about the API when SU10 was released.

It doesn't actually work as a WXR radar should do - It's basically a weather overlay if you want to call it something. It's why certain devs such as PMDG and FENIX aren't interested in it. Although with Fenix, the actual support Asobo added can't be used by the displays Fenix use anyway but that besides the point a little bit.

More details at: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/questions/11218/will-we-ever-see-full-weather-radar-compatibility.html

Edited by Zangoose

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

2 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

hey guys is there any intermediate solution for fps loss? That is only show stopper for me right now to use A310.

Unfortunately I don’t think you can do anything other than avoiding areas that are hard on performance.  I’m on my third flight now, MDPC-CYOW and was getting around 30 fps at MDPC however just overflying the New York area at FL360 my FPS dropped to a stuttery 12fps.  We’ll see what CYOW is like.

My other two flights were LPPT-LPPD and CYTR-CYZX (military flight) and the frame were not spectacular but ok all around and manageable to fly.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

41 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Unfortunately I don’t think you can do anything other than avoiding areas that are hard on performance.  I’m on my third flight now, MDPC-CYOW and was getting around 30 fps at MDPC however just overflying the New York area at FL360 my FPS dropped to a stuttery 12fps.  We’ll see what CYOW is like.

My other two flights were LPPT-LPPD and CYTR-CYZX (military flight) and the frame were not spectacular but ok all around and manageable to fly.

I uninstalled enhanced version and fps became little better. Still not as good as with PMDG. Fenix or Leonardo

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Hopefully that FPS fix will be out relatively soon since they know the culprit

Edited by regis9

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Enjoying the aircraft so far. A couple of minor issues but all in all a great experience.

My biggest issue has been the rudder sensitivity - seems a bit sensitive on ground during take-off and landing and prone to overcorrecting.

What are you using as sensitivity settings on the rudder axis? (I'm using Saitek pedals)

Cheers

LPMA

So far, I am in love with this aircraft it is so much fun to fly and awesome in VR. Can't believe it was free. 

• Like 1

Specs: 11900K (5ghz), 64GB ram 3600mhz, RTX 3080 ti

7 hours ago, GentleGroove said:

Enjoying the aircraft so far. A couple of minor issues but all in all a great experience.

My biggest issue has been the rudder sensitivity - seems a bit sensitive on ground during take-off and landing and prone to overcorrecting.

What are you using as sensitivity settings on the rudder axis? (I'm using Saitek pedals)

Cheers

Have you disengaged the nosewheel steering on the EFB?  I set it engaged with the rudder for the taxi and then, when lined up on the runway, just press the disengage option on the tablet so the pedal now is only affecting rudder.

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 7700x @5.5GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; HP Reverb G2

if WASM compilation is not completed and the needed files are not created as intended in the Package folder, how come is only affecting performance and not the whole aircraft systems? Am I missing something here?

I haven't tried the aircraft since I think without those files created by the compilation my aircraft will not be 100% usable, right?

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

43 minutes ago, ttbq1 said:

if WASM compilation is not completed and the needed files are not created as intended in the Package folder, how come is only affecting performance and not the whole aircraft systems? Am I missing something here?

I haven't tried the aircraft since I think without those files created by the compilation my aircraft will not be 100% usable, right?

I suspect some of the issues I am seeing are related: Simbrief import does not work, XPNDR not being set via ATC.

Undercarriage lever a bit sticky was it, Sir?

3 hours ago, ttbq1 said:

It's in debug mode. When debugging the developers don't want to wait 15 minutes for compilation every time they run it, so they run without compiling and with a slow framerate. It is still fully functional, though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AJZip said:

Have you disengaged the nosewheel steering on the EFB?  I set it engaged with the rudder for the taxi and then, when lined up on the runway, just press the disengage option on the tablet so the pedal now is only affecting rudder.

I have been leaving it engaged, but I will try what you suggest. My tiller is mapped to the joystick twist handle, and I noticed that increasing the deadzone a bit (10%) has helped somewhat.

• Like 1

LPMA