Sign in to follow this  
btacon

Aircraft and Avionics Beta: The 700 Longitude Is A Blast

Unmitigated. Unapologetically Unmatched. Peerless.  Simply. 
That Is All!

-B

• Like 3

Can't wait to do some long hauling in an aircraft that's not at least 40 years old 😄

• Like 1

Did a flight last night and it's like a completely different aircraft. Nearly everything is functional and I spent the whole cruise just messing around with the avionics. So cool being able to monitor stuff like the electrical or bleed air systems while bringing the APU online, starting the engines and resetting the generators after start.

My only complaints:

1. The herky jerky vertical actions with the autopilot - when transitioning to different speed restrictions it will abruptly level off to gain speed.

2. I hope they model the cabin in the exterior model so I can't see right through the passenger cabin windows at certain exterior angles.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13600K @ 5.6 | Gigabyte Windforce 4090 | LG C2 42"

Also, quick question on how to properly use the auto-throttle. How do you disengage TO mode and engage climb thrust? Do you simply need to press the TOGA button again and then from there just click the AT button and engage FLC?

That was my only "I have no idea how to operate this aircraft" moment from my first flight last night. But just rocketing up at like 6000 FPM with TO thrust was neat. 

Edited by vrdubin6
I can't spell
  • Like 1

I have never really flown it since the G3000/flight dynamics were so messed up in the default version but would like to give it a try.  Maybe @MattNischancan do a 'how-to' video like he did with the CJ4.  I cannot remember the YT channel he was on...maybe FilbertFlies? That was great for getting a basic understanding and some of the best practices for operation.

Edited by Flic1
  • Like 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Yesterday, 737NG driver posted a long and rambling, overly long intro video to the "new" Longitude. Didn't find it particularly useful or helpful. 

Best start is to read the original Garmin manuals. 

Also, I'd love to see a serious tutorial video that doesn't spend the first 5 minutes telling me to "hit that subscribe button" and "smash that like button" and be sure to hit the notification bell so I don't miss any new content. 

Doesn't have to be long: broken down with proper time stamps. 

I suspect, though, that a video like this would sink to the bottom of the Youtube algorithm, because it isn't titled INSANE APPROACH WITH THE LONGITUDE INTO A RESORT AIRPORT POPULATED BY BIKINI CLAD MODEL BABES!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Ricardo41
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Yesterday, 737NG driver posted a long and rambling, overly long intro video to the "new" Longitude. Didn't find it particularly useful or helpful. 

Best start is to read the original Garmin manuals. 

Also, I'd love to see a serious tutorial video that doesn't spend the first 5 minutes telling me to "hit that subscribe button" and "smash that like button" and be sure to hit the notification bell so I don't miss any new content. 

Doesn't have to be long: broken down with proper time stamps. 

I suspect, though, that a video like this would sink to the bottom of the Youtube algorithm, because it isn't titled INSANE APPROACH WITH THE LONGITUDE INTO A RESORT AIRPORT POPULATED BY BIKINI CLAD MODEL BABES!!!!!!!!!

Speaking of overly long and rambling. You could've just said "GET OFF MY LAWN!" 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I really need to retire. 

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

2 hours ago, vrdubin6 said:

Also, quick question on how to properly use the auto-throttle. How do you disengage TO mode and engage climb thrust? Do you simply need to press the TOGA button again and then from there just click the AT button and engage FLC?

That was my only "I have no idea how to operate this aircraft" moment from my first flight last night. But just rocketing up at like 6000 FPM with TO thrust was neat. 

Engage the autothrottle on the ground, then go for TOGA. Push throttle full forward for takeoff, once you hit 400ft agl you change AP modes to what you want (Heading/Nav & FLC/VS) and Autothrottle should kick in...

G

Edited by Gazzareth
  • Like 4

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

5 hours ago, btacon said:

Unmitigated. Unapologetically Unmatched. Peerless.  Simply. 
That Is All!

-B

I'll be impressed if they make the HUD functional on top of all the avionics upgrade.😶  Let's face it, if you're updating the avionics yet leave out the HUD that's a little lack luster. 

• Like 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

4 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

INSANE APPROACH WITH THE LONGITUDE INTO A RESORT AIRPORT POPULATED BY BIKINI CLAD MODEL BABES!!!!!!!!!

Now you’re talking! Where’s the link to this one!?

• Like 3

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

18 minutes ago, Dillon said:

I'll be impressed if they make the HUD functional on top of all the avionics upgrade.😶  Let's face it, if you're updating the avionics yet leave out the HUD that's a little lack luster. 

The HUD is apparently not fully certified for this plane, so that's why they haven't implemented it. That's what Working Title said on the official forums. 

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/the-longitude-is-awesome-now/562607/34

Where do you get this new Longitude?

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

10 minutes ago, Noel said:

Where do you get this new Longitude?

Premium Deluxe version only.

Eric 

it and the TBM were the first two planes I used for a good 6 months early on.  Did the default plane get upgraded by Asobo so I don't need to install anything else?

• Like 2

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X