Sign in to follow this  
BWBriscoe

Fenix A320 vs FsLabs

56 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

Maybe try coding something yourself. If you are in the Discord you would see all the updates about what is happening. These things take time.

I’m in the discord. And I have a few bug tickets dating back to May. 

19 minutes ago, Aamir said:

I'm not sure if you're being obtuse or literal - but the last delivered update was 7/11/2022, just over 2 months ago. The update before that, was 1 week and 6 days before that. The update before that, less than a month. The update before that, 4 days. So on.. so forth. Large gaps, and small gaps. Both exist. Some tackle big issues. Some tackle small

If I recall, a lot of these were hot fixes of issues created by previous updates. And before that it was months before the first significant update.

I want to share everyone else’s belief in this project but I just don’t see it yet. From the outside, it seems like buying ProSim’s code was a shortcut to launch but has been hinderance ever since. 

4 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

I want to share everyone else’s belief in this project but I just don’t see it yet. From the outside, it seems like buying ProSim’s code was a shortcut to launch but has been hinderance ever since. 

Different strokes, et al. Part of the updates has been improved VNAV descent angle math, changes to flight dynamics that now put the aircraft at an average of 0.1 degrees margin to engineering data w.r.t AoA during approach and flap deployment phases. But to each their own, you're entitled to your opinion on the matter, hope it changes at some point 🙂

• Like 16

Aamir Thacker

13 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

I’m in the discord. And I have a few bug tickets dating back to May. 

If I recall, a lot of these were hot fixes of issues created by previous updates. And before that it was months before the first significant update.

Friend, the plane is what 59.95 US?  It meets 95%+ of everyone’s expectations. The only real competition is the freeware FBW a320 (excellent) and a new entry I’m not familiar with from LVFR.  The FSL plane that is being held up as a gold standard is what, 12 to 18 months away?

Until those two can stand side by side in a fair comparison this whole discussion is moot and reeks of ulterior motives or worse…vendetta. 

My advice is until that time, give this a rest.  Honestly, it has become quite tiresome. 

Edited by btacon
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, btacon said:

and a new entry I’m not familiar with from LVFR

LVFR's aircraft are basically just new models, parameters, and sounds applied to the default A320neo's stystems to simulate the A321, A319, and A318. They're actually not bad thanks to mods that integrate FBW's systems (just started using them and I was pleasantly surprised), but they're not really competition here.

Edited by Abriael
  • Like 1

spacer.png

News Editor at Techraptor, previously at Twinfinite.

spacer.png

4 hours ago, bendead said:

I agree, really good, but if they add optionally via the EFB, PTU dog barking sound in the cockpit, it will become a master piece 😁 

That would be Hollywood sound then :-). 

You can't hear the barking sound in the Cockpit. Well, if you open the Cockpit Windows you might. 

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

4 hours ago, mikealpha said:

That would be Hollywood sound then :-). 

Sure but you have a worldwide PTU sound fan base, that why FBW added it as an option 😉

8 hours ago, Aamir said:

Different strokes, et al. Part of the updates has been improved VNAV descent angle math, changes to flight dynamics that now put the aircraft at an average of 0.1 degrees margin to engineering data w.r.t AoA during approach and flap deployment phases. But to each their own, you're entitled to your opinion on the matter, hope it changes at some point 🙂

Some folks just like to Whine, period. 

• Like 4

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

On 1/8/2023 at 10:29 AM, Fiorentoni said:

Hey Aamir, I know you also use(d) the Warthog Joystick when flying the Fenix. Did you use the "heavier sidestick" option with it? I know it's not technically dampened, but it's certainly one of the heavier desktop joysticks...

19 hours ago, Aamir said:

I personally use the lighter sidestick option, it's what a few of the type rated guys and gals on the test team recommended who all use Warthogs. 

Okay, I have this joystick and I’m shortly going to be buying the Fenix myself. This info is gold. @Aamir not sure if you also have the Warthog throttles but if you do and there are specific throttle settings for the detents, may I please get them from you to save me some time? Thank you

Edited by B777ER

Eric 

13 hours ago, btacon said:

The FSL plane that is being held up as a gold standard is what, 12 to 18 months 

Lol, add about 12 more to that.

• Upvote 1

Eric 

1 minute ago, B777ER said:

Lol, add about 12 more to that.

The Twelfth of never maybe. 😉

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

32 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Okay, I have this joystick and I’m shortly going to be buying the Fenix myself. This info is gold. @Aamir not sure if you also have the Warthog throttles but if you do and there are specific throttle settings for the detents, may I please get them from you to save me some time? Thank you

I have the throttles. With the MCDU sidestick calibration you can easily calibrate them. I made it so that the beginning of the detent (the "hump" if you will) is where the CL detent is, the end of the detent (over the "hump") marks the FLX detent and all the way up marks the TOGA detent. Works great.

• Like 1

Hi pilots, I have a question about the FS Labs Airbus.

How good is the visual quality of the newest FS Labs Airbus A320? In my personal opinion the visual quality is of the same importance as absolute system realism and depth, and no YouTuber is ever walking through the cabin or freight room and the cockpit, looking at the circuit breakers and the details of the cockpit, no YouTuber is doing a walkaround looking in the wheel well or inside the turbines if the engine core and the low-pressure-turbine in the exhaust is modelled.

All YouTubers just hop into pilot seat view and race through their memorized checklist and all I see of the whole airplane is the front panel, the overhead panel and small parts of the pedestal. No walk-around, no cockpit overview, no glance into the freightroom.... that´s why I am asking about the visual quality of the FS Labs.

I need a new challenge and wand to fire up Prepar3D sometimes in the future because there is where all the big cargo ships are waiting for me (PMDG 777 freighter, the top-notch Captain Sim 757 and 767 freighters, the Queen of the Skies etc), and it looks like the FS Labs Airbus A321 IAE freighter might achieve Fenix quality in P3D 😉

Thank you very much in advance for your tips and help!

7 minutes ago, JetCat said:

Hi pilots, I have a question about the FS Labs Airbus.

How good is the visual quality of the newest FS Labs Airbus A320? In my personal opinion the visual quality is of the same importance as absolute system realism and depth, and no YouTuber is ever walking through the cabin or freight room and the cockpit, looking at the circuit breakers and the details of the cockpit, no YouTuber is doing a walkaround looking in the wheel well or inside the turbines if the engine core and the low-pressure-turbine in the exhaust is modelled.

All YouTubers just hop into pilot seat view and race through their memorized checklist and all I see of the whole airplane is the front panel, the overhead panel and small parts of the pedestal. No walk-around, no cockpit overview, no glance into the freightroom.... that´s why I am asking about the visual quality of the FS Labs.

I need a new challenge and wand to fire up Prepar3D sometimes in the future because there is where all the big cargo ships are waiting for me (PMDG 777 freighter, the top-notch Captain Sim 757 and 767 freighters, the Queen of the Skies etc), and it looks like the FS Labs Airbus A321 IAE freighter might achieve Fenix quality in P3D 😉

Thank you very much in advance for your tips and help!

I have seen many Youtube videos, where the Youtuber, takes a really close look at the entire aircraft both inside and outside. I watched a video on the Fenix just yesterday, where he was looking very closely at the entire Fenix A 320  landing gear structure and the hydraulic lines in the landing gear housing. He was a real Airbus Airline pilot by the way. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I have seen many Youtube videos, where the Youtuber, takes a really close look at the entire aircraft both inside and outside. I watched a video on the Fenix just yesterday, where he was looking very closely at the entire Fenix A 320  landing gear structure and the hydraulic lines in the landing gear housing. He was a real Airbus Airline pilot by the way. 

To be fair, the commentator is asking for these kinds of videos of the FS Labs airbus, and not the Fenix airbus.

It's a tough question to answer because the FSLabs airbus is stuck in P3D, which is visually underwhelming when compared to the texture resolution and model complexity of MSFS, among other things like lighting. The best answer I can give are screenshots.

PAX cabin:

2019-7-30_9-57-2-824.jpg.b083da6263071003d49409caff5337ca.jpg

The Exterior Model:

742462084_unknown(1).png.c9d5e13f653e015

As far as I can tell, it's just an exterior texture though; I can't find any videos or pictures that show the freight doors open.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

8 hours ago, JetCat said:

How good is the visual quality of the newest FS Labs Airbus A320?

Visual quality, forget it. FSL is built for an ancient platform that doesn’t have a powerful gaming engine which I think forced many add one developers (including FSL) to make compromises in terms of visuals.

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super