Sign in to follow this  
BWBriscoe

Fenix A320 vs FsLabs

I'm currently a P3D user flying PMDG 777 and FsLabs A319/20/21.

I would very much like to make the transition to MSFS and wondered what the Fenix A320 is like compared to the FsLabs A320? Is it the same study level?

Thanks

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

5 minutes ago, BWBriscoe said:

Is it the same study level?

Yep if not better. Also FBW as well as iniBuild A310 are very good

Edited by omarsmak30
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Lack of weather radar and working TCAS. The former is the MSFS's limitation as PMDG has the same "issue". 

Edited by G-YMML1

the Fenix is really good , but not yet at FSL standard , but getting there . the GSX integration with the Fenix is in the early stages . FSL A3XXX is the greatest study level aircraft there as ever been in flight simulation in my opinion 😎 

• Like 12
  • Upvote 2

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer 280 AIO Cooler . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

The Fenix A320, its a stunning aircraft to fly. 

Edited by rocketlaunch
grammer
  • Like 1

Specs: 11900K (5ghz), 64GB ram 3600mhz, RTX 3080 ti

Fenix is great and so is the developer. 

• Like 5

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Yep...fantastic developer and aircraft...absolutley! 👍

• Like 1

Regards

Paul EGCC

The Fenix is very good and similar in functionality.

The full suite of FSL Airbus products are very expensive relative to modern pricing. But, you already know that. 

I think if you enjoy Vatsim activities, the FSL has features not present in the Fenix and you'd miss those moving to the Fenix.

The visual aspects are, naturally, much betting the the Fenix.

I think it depends on what, precisely, the kind of flying that you enjoy. 

• Like 1

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

11 minutes ago, RichieFly said:

The Fenix is very good and similar in functionality.

The full suite of FSL Airbus products are very expensive relative to modern pricing. But, you already know that. 

I think if you enjoy Vatsim activities, the FSL has features not present in the Fenix and you'd miss those moving to the Fenix.

The visual aspects are, naturally, much betting the the Fenix.

I think it depends on what, precisely, the kind of flying that you enjoy. 

What is missing in the Fenix that you would need for Vatsim?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

FSL is better. But MSFS is worlds better than P3D at this point. Also its not like Fenix is 150 dollars or whatever it was for FSL back then. 49.99 well worth it and I think its underpriced for what it is which is a good product.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sonny147 said:

FSL A3XXX is the greatest study level aircraft there as ever been in flight simulation in my opinion 😎 

Folks using the Challenger 650 in X-Plane would beg to differ. I don't know as I don't own either. Fenix and the PMDG 736 are the best bang for your buck these days.

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, RichieFly said:

the FSL has features not present in the Fenix

Curious what is missing on the aircraft for VATSIM? Holds, offsets, etc are all available, in addition to several features not on the FSL that may be required for oceanic work, RTA, constant mach, etc.

• Like 6

Aamir Thacker

I trust Fenix way more than I do FSL those that know will know why.

Fenix' A320 is outstanding, its easily the most fun I've ever had in a modern day Airbus in any simulator. If FSL started developing an A320 for MSFS then they'd just be wasting their time and money on doing so.

• Like 7

43 minutes ago, environmental_ice said:

FSL is better.

Why is better? 

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super