Sign in to follow this  
BWBriscoe

Fenix A320 vs FsLabs

Three points on this topic:

• It is absolutely possible to compare two products on two different platforms, so long as you realise and accept the limitations that each platform places on each respective airliner product. Both airliners have their own pros and cons, even allowing for the limitations they work within.
  • Even as a fan of the Fenix A320, the FSLabs version has more systems depth and is more complete – at this particular moment in time. That’s to be expected for a product that FSLabs has been selling for 7 years, compared to Fenix at under 2 years with theirs.
  • Following Block 2 release, I anticipate the Fenix systems depth to surpass that of the FSLabs. Only following the A319/A321 expansion pack and sharklets release will the Fenix product be 'complete'.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

7 hours ago, juaness said:

im pretty sure to me honest, if they go initially for NEO and A330 for P3D with such level of detail, then will be a huge rollback from MSFS to P3D users. 

This is the strangest statement I've read on Avsim in a very long time.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, juaness said:

pretty sure to me honest, if they go initially for NEO and A330 for P3D with such level of detail, then will be a huge rollback from MSFS to P3D users. 

Will never happen. I own everything that FSL has ever produced, including the 64-bit Concorde which I only bought to support them and get the MSFS version at reduced price, but I will never ever go back to P3D.

• Like 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

11 hours ago, juaness said:

if they go initially for NEO and A330 for P3D with such level of detail, then will be a huge rollback from MSFS to P3D users. 

I don't mean to offend you, but I think this suggestion is wholly delusional. Users had moved to MSFS before LSH, PMDG, Fenix, or FSLabs entered the MSFS market.

• Like 6

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

2 hours ago, SierraDelta said:

Will never happen. I own everything that FSL has ever produced, including the 64-bit Concorde which I only bought to support them and get the MSFS version at reduced price, but I will never ever go back to P3D.

Sorry but I want to see that. Just imagine A NEO and A330 at the level of detail that FSLABS and I would like to know how many return to P3D.

But again. Different platforms. Do you compare XPLAN with DCS or P3D? 
one shouldn’t exclude the other

that’s it 

Edited by juaness

17 minutes ago, juaness said:

Sorry but I want to see that. Just imagine A NEO and A330 at the level of detail that FSLABS and I would like to know how many return to P3D.

But again. Different platforms. Do you compare XPLAN with DCS or P3D? 
one shouldn’t exclude the other

that’s it 

even if that actually happens (fslabs is not doing anything else for p3d as far as I understand) you will never know how many people return to p3d after an aircraft release.

I also purchased the concorde just to support them, but after that release in august no further announcements has been shared by Lefteris.

I honestly think there is some kind of marketing/commercial driven decisions from both Fenix and FSL to be sure their products hit the market at the right time, hense the delays. Or is it just that they haven't been able to create a product with a quality standard that satisfies themselves?

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

Chances of me installing P3D again are pretty much 0. Not for any type of addon. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Roi Ben

13 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

Chances of me installing P3D again are pretty much 0. Not for any type of addon. 

Nah me neither. 

I do miss the weather radar, though... I'm still hoping out, that Microsoft/Asobo will make that feature available at some point.

• Like 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

2 hours ago, juaness said:

In addition to what Lefteris said, here is what Andrew Wilson from FSLabs had to say, after a FSLabs forum poster said it was P3D users who put FSLabs "where they are":

Our customers who have since migrated to MSFS (a significant proportion) could equally put forward a similar argument. Our business decisions are not engineered around customer loyalty - they are built upon market research and ROI. Like it or not, the community base using P3D is reducing rapidly and this latest release from LM will not alter this trajectory.

ROI.  Return on Investment.  If you read between the lines, it's obvious FSLabs won't return to P3D for their new products, because they won't get a good ROI on it (ie. they will probably lose money making a new product for P3D).

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

I think one and pretty obvious answer to the question of this threat! FSLab hasn’t released anything for MSFS to have fair comparisons with Fenix ! Lol

• Upvote 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I am sure they hard at work behind the scenes. We waited endlessly for the A320 sharklets but when it was finally released, it was completely worth the wait. When they come up with something for MSFS (be it an A320 CEO/NEO or A330), it will be impressive, and likely raise the bar. This is simply what their history suggests.

• Like 1

PMDG 747 still the main reason i will go back and visit P3D5.4 . Also prefer FSL series for now. Time for me is the biggest issue so often its the MD-82 in MSFS that gets the choice at the moment. This bird has matured and getting close to the P3D version. Some parts is allready better.

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

39 minutes ago, thepilot said:

I am sure they hard at work behind the scenes. We waited endlessly for the A320 sharklets but when it was finally released, it was completely worth the wait. When they come up with something for MSFS (be it an A320 CEO/NEO or A330), it will be impressive, and likely raise the bar. This is simply what their history suggests.

Given their extreme slow pace of development I hope their first release for MSFS is either the Concorde or A330 as I'll definitely jump on those without hesitation 🙂 .. If it's an A32x, which I guess is the most likely, gonna be a very hard sell (even if in NEO form)

I believe the last time they mentioned the A330 was in May 2022: https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/topic/31971-may-12-2022-a-news-update/
We're also happy to announce that the A3XX product that we've been teasing for a while now is in fact the Airbus A330. We've been working on this product along side our other development and we expect to give you more news on that later on.

Wonder if they've said anything about it since.. Perhaps in the internal forums only available to customers?

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD