Sign in to follow this  
Sky_Pilot071

ATC Is OK With Me

19 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I love a sim that is extremely stable and is compatible with Radar Contact 4.

Radar Contact is better than default ATC, sure. Unfortunately it is a legacy app that is restricted to P3D and that might or might not work with V6. Personally, I either fly online (nothing can beat that), or use ATC Radio Chatter with Live Traffic. Both methods are very immersive to me.

As for P3D being "extremely stable", that is hardly true. My latest experience with that sim was riddled with DXGI device hung errors *and* crashes caused by those dreaded DLL dependencies. 

I still have some of the logs of the crashes, each caused by a different DLL. A nightmare scenario...

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 5.3.17.28160, time stamp: 0x61e6ab02
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.22621.755, time stamp: 0x8a328c67
Faulting application path: D:\Prepar3D\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 5.3.17.28160, time stamp: 0x61e6ab02
Faulting module name: XAudio2_7.dll_unloaded, version: 9.29.1962.0, time stamp: 0x4c0643cc
Faulting module path: XAudio2_7.dll

Faulting module name: api.dll, version: 5.3.17.28160, time stamp: 0x61e6ab9e
Faulting module path: D:\Prepar3D\api.dll

Faulting module name: CoreMessaging.dll, version: 10.0.22621.608, time stamp: 0xc3c501b6
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\CoreMessaging.dll

Faulting module name: AcLayers.DLL, version: 10.0.22621.608, time stamp: 0xfd14abb9
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\AcLayers.DLL

Even though MSFS is in active development, it is much, much more stable than P3D ever was for me. In fact, I cannot even remember the last crash I had and surely it was over an year ago. Even the beta from X-Plane 12 is much more dependable than P3D at this point.

Edited by GCBraun
  • Like 1

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

15 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

Radar Contact is better than default ATC, sure. Unfortunately it is a legacy app that is restricted to P3D and that might or might not work with V6.

I can assure you it will just as it has with all previous versions of P3D.

15 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

As for P3D being "extremely stable", that is hardly true. My latest experience with that sim was riddled with DXGI device hung errors *and* crashes caused by those dreaded DLL dependencies. 

My experience is very different. Check my posts in this topic No DXGI problems in over 25 days and I can’t recall any DLL crashes.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

50 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

My experience is very different. Check my posts in this topic No DXGI problems in over 25 days and I can’t recall any DLL crashes.

How many planes do you fly? How many add-on airports you have? I had pretty much all advanced aircraft ever developed for P3D and dozens upon dozens of airports. Sure, the problem could be in one of those add-ons, but the stability I currently have with MSFS in similar circumstances is unmatched. 

Edited by GCBraun

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

12 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

How many planes do you fly? How many add-on airports you have?

All testing done with PMDG737. That’s the most complex aircraft I have. Lots of 3rd party airports. Simwings Heathrow, Taxi2Gate LFPG, FlyTampa KBOS are amongst the busiest. AIG Ai too so system working really hard. I’ve had DXGI errors when taxiing out at UK2000 Newcastle so it’s not about complex airports. Also when airborne and nowhere near an airport.

Using NVCleanstall to update driver seems to be key plus those Registry entries. Do you have them?

This discussion would be better over on the P3D forum. 😉

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

4 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

All testing done with PMDG737. That’s the most complex aircraft I have. Lots of 3rd party airports. Simwings Heathrow, Taxi2Gate LFPG, FlyTampa KBOS are amongst the busiest. AIG Ai too so system working really hard. I’ve had DXGI errors when taxiing out at UK2000 Newcastle so it’s not about complex airports. Also when airborne and nowhere near an airport.

Using NVCleanstall to update driver seems to be key plus those Registry entries. Do you have them?

This discussion would be better over on the P3D forum. 😉

Yeah, if V6 is released and provide a significant upgrade over V5, I might be a regular at the P3D forum again. Until then, I am done tweaking and editing my registry. 

Are these DXGI errors something that was introduced with P3Dv5? I do not recall ever seeing any messages to that effect with P3Dv4. I have had a handful of CTDs over the years when loading, but P3D has not crashed on me when in the simulator itself since my P3Dv3 days and the dreaded out of memory errors.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

On 1/19/2023 at 4:41 PM, Kaboki said:

So ok you dont have any problem, but you didnt care to comment on being sent to fl 30 in a cessna? Guess you dont have that issue either.

fl 30 ... like in 3000 feet. What is the problem in a Cessna ?

• Like 1

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

23 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Are these DXGI errors something that was introduced with P3Dv5? I do not recall ever seeing any messages to that effect with P3Dv4. I have had a handful of CTDs over the years when loading, but P3D has not crashed on me when in the simulator itself since my P3Dv3 days and the dreaded out of memory errors.

I don’t recall them in v4. I suspect it’s related to DX12. Hopefully resolved in v6 assuming it’s a LM issue and not Nvidia.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

6 minutes ago, willy647 said:

fl 30 ... like in 3000 feet. What is the problem in a Cessna ?

What I ment is 30000 feet. I tought fl 30 is 30 000 feet and fl 030 is 3000 feet... Anyway, im pretty sure you know what I ment though........ 

5 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I can assure you it will just as it has with all previous versions of P3D.

I side with Ray on this. DXGI and dll crashes, not happened for months. 

• Like 1

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

37 minutes ago, IanHarrison said:

DXGI and dll crashes, not happened for months

You'd certainly hope so after 13 years under the same roof of a company with a NET income of $6.3B in 2021.  So happy to say a permanent good bye to it.  If the current best sim blows up I will move over to XPlane.  Towards the end of my time with it I had not stability issues, just wretched performance in v4.x.  Once I began using MSFS scenery was so awful in P3D the workaround for that was to simply avoid flying during daylight.  This also solved the performance issues i was having by letting me dial back autogen and vegetation to SPARSE as well draw distance or whatever it was called, then all became nice and smooth.  Plus, 3rd party airports looked nice w/ night lighting.

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

On 1/25/2023 at 12:57 PM, Noel said:

To me, even w/ its somewhat remote connection to FSX, it's a whole lot of new for current MS w/ Asobo et all consultants.  I marvel at how far it's come in a very short 2.5y.  When I think about the paltry pace of development of P3D at $200 a pop, esp v1 > v2 > v3 OMG, just stunningly little, really.  Now I go up in the amazing gratis FBW A320NX out of LFKJ > Orly, integrating very well already w/ FSLTL, GSX Pro, A Pilot's Life & PACX I am blown away every time up I swear.   It is a statement of confidence that I feel they will get there and will continue to tweak the core as satellite imagery and cloud depiction increases in resolution in step w/ hardware performance capabilities.  I mean they have done so much really in such a short time--compared to the competition:  XP 26 years under the same developer; and FSX/P3D in a similar ballpark.  Could they begin to really slow the pace of development anytime soon?  I've not read anything yet that suggests that, but sure anything can happen.  They have too much success already to want to  stop development.

That's true, the the competition is much slower in development than MSFS.  MSFS is really breaking new ground every few months when they release their Sim Updates (or in the latest upcoming update, the AAU1 update). 

13 hours ago, Noel said:

You'd certainly hope so after 13 years under the same roof of a company with a NET income of $6.3B in 2021.  So happy to say a permanent good bye to it.  If the current best sim blows up I will move over to XPlane.  Towards the end of my time with it I had not stability issues, just wretched performance in v4.x.  Once I began using MSFS scenery was so awful in P3D the workaround for that was to simply avoid flying during daylight.  This also solved the performance issues i was having by letting me dial back autogen and vegetation to SPARSE as well draw distance or whatever it was called, then all became nice and smooth.  Plus, 3rd party airports looked nice w/ night lighting.

OK whatever floats your boat. I tried that sim while in the U.K. scenery that everyone raves about was awful. Nothing like real life.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.