Sign in to follow this  
Sky_Pilot071

ATC Is OK With Me

Might have to give it another shot, then. I stopped using it long before SU11 came out.

1 minute ago, eslader said:

Might have to give it another shot, then. I stopped using it long before SU11 came out.

model matching is completely broken right now.

This would explain why A380s keep showing up at small city airports. 😉

I think the default ATC is not that bad at all. It works in many straight forward cases. If nothing changes and no obstacles on the way it can work from departure to destination including SID and Approach. 

However, one fundamental problem is that, once in cockpit, you do not know the flight plan that ATC considers as filed. Vectoring to the next waypoint… What waypoint?

To really improve they must first make the filed IFR flight plan visible in the sim and get rid of the ridiculous navigation log.

• Like 1

ATC is not ok with me. Not until at least accepts both inHg and hPa depending on the region you're flying, and also region-specific transition altitudes and flight levels. Not just a blanket one-size-fits-all 18000 ft TA and all in inHg. Too bad, because it's the best one I've ever seen regarding callsigns...

Edited by Luis Hernandez
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

I’ve seen very little on vectoring. Does it give you vectors to a 30° intercept heading for an ILS approach where appropriate? And of course you should be below the glide slope at that point.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

7 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I’ve seen very little on vectoring. Does it give you vectors to a 30° intercept heading for an ILS approach where appropriate? And of course you should be below the glide slope at that point.

It doesn’t really give you vectors to your intercept heading unfortunately.  

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

4 minutes ago, regis9 said:

It doesn’t really give you vectors to your intercept heading unfortunately.  

Then it can hardly be called Air Traffic Control. Good grief! It fails the most important aspect of what such a program is required to do. Not fit for purpose springs to mind.

What is Asobo’s attitude to the complaints?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

46 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Then it can hardly be called Air Traffic Control. Good grief! It fails the most important aspect of what such a program is required to do. Not fit for purpose springs to mind.

It's the primary reason why I preferred P3D's ATC, especially with the Editvoicepack mods.

• Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

3 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

They have said a major update to ATC will come, not sure when though.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

On 1/20/2023 at 1:20 AM, Kaboki said:

For me its not good enough, but I still use it every flight, because I have no choice... 

Well, you do. Life is full of choices. This thread contains a variety of other choices open to you.

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

6 hours ago, regis9 said:

They have said a major update to ATC will come, not sure when though.

It sounds as though they don’t consider it a priority. I wonder if they have access to real world AT Controllers so they can get the phraseology correct both for FAA and ICAO.

Plus what @asanosho mentioned about different TA levels and hPa instead of inches where appropriate.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

5 hours ago, KL Oo said:

Well, you do. Life is full of choices. This thread contains a variety of other choices open to you.

Yeah well for me there isnt, so im waiting for asobo to improve it.. 

59 minutes ago, Kaboki said:

Yeah well for me there isnt, so im waiting for asobo to improve it.. 

Maybe some day, ( this or next year ) Asobo, better said WT for Asobo, takes this in his hands and we get a resonable ATC and in Sim Flightplanner.

Same happens to the FMC Flightplans for the bigger planes for example the 787-10 and the 747-8..

That would be  👍

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png