Sign in to follow this  
David Mills

PMDG 737-700 in Great Shape Now

Since the much-celebrated release of AAU1 last week, I've mostly been flying the Longitude, with its new, ultra-realistic avionics package. There's a lot I need to learn, but the experience is a total joy. WT cannot be given enough praise.

For the first time since AAU1's final release, however, I flew the PMDG 737-700, which has likewise been updated in recent weeks. Immediately following the release of the first AAU1 beta over a month ago, some PMDG 737 owners, including myself, suffered problems capturing the ILS at many airports. There were also issues with the Autothrottle during approach. After a few failed landings, I stopped flying the 737 while this issue was being sorted out. (The problem couldn't possibly be me of course!) Today, however, I was delighted to see that my two landings in the updated 737 captured their ILS frequencies beautifully and the Autothrottle behaved predictably during the final legs of the approach. I might just skip the next beta and enjoy the current sim for a while. 🙂

It's truly a great time for MSFS.  

• Like 7
  • Upvote 4

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

Really enjoyed my flight today from KMDW > KSTL.  I picked up FSipanel on Friday and did a bit of practice time landing from short final.  It really helped me nail down my landings and making the whole process of using the 737-700 a pleasure.

• Like 1

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

Yes, agreed.  The 737 is pure joy from start up to shutdown now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.

I'm a little fond of it. 🙂 

Was testing the whole line this weekend.... from the stubby -600 to the ridiculously long -900, and flew my US Navy paint for the 700

Here we are departing NAS Key West, heading up to NAS Jax (Where I served 2 tours).  I like the -700, was great to hop back into her after many, many flights in the -900.

zd8ClB.png

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

11 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

after many, many flights in the -900.

Rub it in why don't ya! 😄

• Like 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.

13 minutes ago, JYW said:

Rub it in why don't ya! 😄

Hehe.....hopefully you'll be flying it tomorrow.  I have to say that when you fly it as a tester, with so many fights to test various things, it does get a little tedious...so it was refreshing to hop into the shorter models and to be able to rotate without the fear of a tail strike, LOL or as great a fear)

Been also trying to give you guys some good screenshots along the way...you know...to tease ya. 🙂

Can't recall if I posted this one publicly yet (maybe on the PMDG forums...can't keep track of where I post them all, LOL)...but it was a particularly pretty sunrise over KLAX that warranted a screenshot:

BvGcXS.jpg

Should not be long now and you can post your own screens of the long one. 😉  (but that's not an official announcement...just echoing RSRs statement that its planned to release tomorrow the 7th)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

On 2/6/2023 at 2:41 PM, Steve Dra said:

Can't recall if I posted this one publicly yet (maybe on the PMDG forums...can't keep track of where I post them all, LOL)...but it was a particularly pretty sunrise over KLAX that warranted a screenshot:

Picked up the 900 yesterday and the first flight was just perfection. Just departed LAX at 8am and it’s gorgeous out here today! I only have the 600 besides this and the differences are exactly what I was looking for. Faster Vspeeds and reference speeds and a very long takeoff roll compared to the 600. Fantastic! 

Agreed. A couple flights in the 700 lately have shown it is really dialed in. Enjoying it alot. 

In hindsight, with available liveries on .to, I should have gotten the -700 instead of the -800.

I did 3 flights in the 700 yesterday and 1 in the 800 today.  All 4 were beautiful.  Love these planes!

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

After months of indecision about which one to get, I settled for the -700 yesterday. I'll be going through the manuals and YT tutorials this weekend. Like their DC-6, it looks gorgeous.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

20 hours ago, JetCat said:

It will be in even better shape if you use my cockpit overhaul 😉 (fits for all 737 variants)

https://flightsim.to/file/38886/a-few-boeing-737-cockpit-bugfixes

Thank you for your work on this. The flightdeck is the one place where higher resolution textures and attention to detail matter the most.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter