Sign in to follow this  
Whisper202

PMDG 737-900 released......

I’ll buy it at some point but I’m waiting for the Tablet. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

13 hours ago, B777ER said:

Yeah! The 28th version of a 737 from PMDG is out. About as exciting as watching grass grow.

Yeah uh... Enough 737s already. There was a 767 in the horizon, that would be cool.

Edited by Nuno Pinto
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Well I’m thinking best option might be the 900. Unless you really want the BBJ that is included in the 800. The 900 is way better looking than the 600 and way cheaper then the 700 and 800.

• Like 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

I waited for 738 and bought it.  I'm curious what drives people's interest in buying more than one variant, especially at this price point.  When they first announced I thought it made most sense (cents) to offer the first one that someone might buy at say $59.99, and all subsequent models at maybe $19.99.  Might have been tempted into two with this model but no way at this price point.   The FBW A320NX seems much more detailed and complex, and I find it's more pleasant to hand fly, land, etc.

• Like 2

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

26 minutes ago, RaptyrOne said:

Well I’m thinking best option might be the 900. 

I am thinking the same, having bought none yet. 

Are there any major differences from the -800 that would make my home-built overhead, MCP, EFIS obsolete (from the iFly /FS9 days)?.  I would not think so...

8 hours ago, jbdbow1970 said:

So it's $225 for the whole 737 fleet in MSFS and its around $185 for P3D. How the word not allowed does this happen?

The difference is that you can now buy the variant you want. Before if you wanted the 600, 800 or 900, you needed the 700 base. They are now standalone so it works out better value unless you decide to get more than 2 variants (most people only want the 700 and/or 800 I'd venture). For cash strapped simmers, $35 for the -600 is a great way to get in to a top "study level" airliner without breaking the bank.

9 hours ago, RaptyrOne said:

So now that they are all released, which is the best one to buy if you only want ONE? Pricing on the PMDG website is:

600 - $35

700 - $75

800 - $75

900 - $50

These are massive price differences. Is the 800 variant worth $25 more than the 900 in terms of systems or other features? You can buy two 600’s for the price of either a 700 or a 800. Is the 600 half as good as the 800 then?

Or is it that simmers ’lust’ after the 800 more so it gets a premium on that basis alone?

Their pricing makes zero sense to me.

Makes perfect sense to me, simple supply and demand; the 600 and 900 are rarer in reality so there isn't as much demand for it from simmers. Technically speaking they're all equally competent in the sim, so if you're not bothered how much plane is behind your flight deck or what livery it's wearing, get the 600 and grab yourself a bargain.

The previous PMDG sales model was to make a base product (usually a less popular variant, such as the 777-200LR) and make the most popular an expansion (777-300ER) as this would maximise sales revenue (basically all customers had to buy the less popular variant that many of them probably had little interest in). However, this base and expansion approach was not compatible with the MFS in-game marketplace so now all products are standalone and priced individually.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

1 hour ago, B777ER said:

Stockholm syndrome.

Interesting Eric, would you care to elaborate please, thanks.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

4 hours ago, kiek said:

Today I bought my old time favourite: the CS 767-300ER!

Ok, well good luck with that.

• Like 4

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

1 hour ago, RaptyrOne said:

Well I’m thinking best option might be the 900. Unless you really want the BBJ that is included in the 800. The 900 is way better looking than the 600 and way cheaper then the 700 and 800.

The 900 / 900 ER needs some serious runway though. It's a bit restrictive. 

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

2 hours ago, B777ER said:

Remember they offered the NGXu for P3D and told people they would have a credit for it in MSFS? Well, they have to make up for it somewhere. So while Randizzle likes to spout that they’ve given back to the community through that program with one hand, the other one is fleecing you with these over the top prices.

But if you ordered the NGXu for P3D and they kept their word (as they did) that we would have a credit then you could have the entire 737 fleet for $126.   If you didn't order the NGXu then you now have the "option" of purchasing individual variants.  They aren't "forcing" anyone to spend $225... Name calling has nothing to do with it...   

I don't like to tell people how they should or shouldn't spend their money so I also don't care for it when people try to tell others they are getting fleeced for how they "choose" to spend their money.  Is someone getting fleeced for spending 200K on a Taycan Turbo when they can have a Taycan for 100K?  Not my place to say I just hope if they are that generous with their spending they match it with generous donations of their time or money as well... That's more important to me personally.

I don't begrudge anyone anything though.  To each their own.  

Edited by psolk
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

I have a question for the PMDG crowd. I have read that you can't import a simbrief fllightplan into the PMDG 737, like I can do with all my other aircraft I fly in MSFS2020. Does that mean you have to import flightplans manually into the MCDU, for each flight?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

I have a question for the PMDG crowd. I have read that you can't import a simbrief fllightplan into the PMDG 737, like I can do with all my other aircraft I fly in MSFS2020. Does that mean you have to import flightplans manually into the MCDU, for each flight?

The process I use is create FP in Simbrief and use the auto downloader to send that FP to the PMDG subfolders and I can then "select it" from the CDU and everything is populated. 

Edited by psolk

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

Flight plans load in to the mcdu from Simbrief without a hitch.

Floyd Stolle

www.stollco.com

2 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

You use the Simbrief Downloader and that will download the flight plans into the folders the 737 uses and then you can upload it via the FMC. 

This video will probably show you how to do this: 

Edited by Zangoose
  • Like 2

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29