Sign in to follow this  
DadJokeCinema

Will you buy Acceleration?

MS's is having the add on Acceleration launch event in Reno 9/12 at the Air Racing event.Does pylon air racing interest you, are you planning to buy Acceleration?I'll probably buy the package for the f-18 alone, but for some reason air racing draws no interest from me, who knows it might be fun.I'd rather had seen a MS add-on offering:+ real time sat maps download from MS maps+ added detail to major cities+ improved river coverage in Canada+ photo real scenery, detailed mesh+ new detailed military jet planes (we did get one f18 :) )+ air carriers to land onetc.Air racing around pylons the key theme just doesn't seem to catch an interest somehow, I wonder why they selected that?What do you think, will you buy it?http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6246

>MS's is having the add on Acceleration launch event in Reno>9/12 at the Air Racing event.>>Does pylon air racing interest you, are you planning to buy>Acceleration?>>I'll probably buy the package for the f-18 alone, but for some>reason air racing draws no interest from me, who knows it>might be fun.>>I'd rather had seen a MS add-on offering:>+ real time sat maps download from MS maps>+ added detail to major cities>+ improved river coverage in Canada>+ photo real scenery, detailed mesh>+ new detailed military jet planes (we did get one f18 :) )>+ air carriers to land on>etc.>>Air racing around pylons the key theme just doesn't seem to>catch an interest somehow, I wonder why they selected that?>>What do you think, will you buy it?>>http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6246The Reno air racing is just one facet of a multitude of new things to come with Acceleration. There are many new missions utilizing aircraft already in FSX. There are new Red Bull Air Race courses in single player *and* multiplayer. The whole mission multiplayer system is all-new. The EH-101 will have a true turbine engine system, a first for rotorcraft in the series.I agree, the F/A-18 alone is worth the package - it is very cool being able to catapult from a carrier and then return for a trap landing.I think they chose the Reno racing and expanded Red Bull races as great vehicles to exploit the new multiplayer mission capabilities. They have just hit the top of the iceberg - I'm sure there are many 3rd party developers who will utilize this new technology in many different ways.Regards,Owen

Guest Pilot533

What else is it going to do besides make fsx more and more like a game? Is it going to improve the realism engine in any way? Any new graphics improvements?

I, for one, am buying absolutely nothing for FSX (including hardware), untill the basic package is fixed. The default airliners lack lighting, some of the switches are reversed, or don't work at all, and the blurries, in addition to the generally poor performance, are just too much to really enjoy the sim even without all the features enabled. I am not going to attend the FANCON for the same reasons. I fly FSX almost exclusively (I have no add-ons in FS9), but it is a half baked product without question. And, NO, air racing does nothing for me.B. ScottPS - I don't want to hear about buying a new system either! Especially from the guy that got kicked out of Australia and had to move to the Yukon!

Guest fsxmissionguy

I'm really curious about this reaction.Airplane racing is as much a part of flying as having a jetway move or the accurate simulation of a rubber-blackened runway. It's a part of flying that isn't (so far) well represented in Flight Simulator.Airliner aviation, general aviation, heck even ATC are very well represented in Flight Simulator ... but there are many other aspects of flying that have nothing to do with whether the FMC on a 747 allows STARS input, or whether a button is reversed.My view: No game as complex as this one is going to have EVERY, SINGLE button correct, although it seems to me that the ACES team certainly has that as their goal.I don't think of competitive air racing simulation as a "game." It's another aspect of flying that you might not be as familiar with, but it's a historically important aspect of aviation that hasn't been seen in Flight Simulator yet.Most people have ridden on airplanes, some have even flown GA; even fewer have flown heavy iron professionally ... and even fewer have raced airplanes, but all of these elements are aspects of flight that I would enjoy experiencing in this piece of software, and I for one am looking forward to the addon.

>>I'd rather had seen a MS add-on offering:>+ real time sat maps download from MS maps>+ photo real scenery, detailed meshOn the other hand, not everyone likes photoscenery.>>Air racing around pylons the key theme just doesn't seem to>catch an interest somehow, I wonder why they selected that?>Photoscenery just doesn't seem to catch an interest...;)Not everyone likes the same things in their FS.My "laundry list" of things I'd like to see in SP2 are, I'm sure, not the same as what some other people would want either. But, I think any expansion is good, so I will get it. RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest Pilot533

"My view: No game as complex as this one is going to have EVERY, SINGLE button correct, although it seems to me that the ACES team certainly has that as their goal."Have you seen the lds 767 man!?? ;) It would be nice to seem some improvements to the basic coding that would help the blurries, performance, and realism. I dont mean that ms should make all of their aircraft as detailed as the lds 767, but at least fix the basic realism engine so developers cant say "its a limitation of flight simulator and we cant work around it" as much as they do now. Fix things that need immediate improvement, then give us air racing.

I'll eventually buy it. I think it's a great concept that, along with the missions in FSX really make this a game worth playing.

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

Guest JIMJAM

FSX really accelerates when the demo in the middle of the ocean with small islands, having races in the middle of the desert and a carrier in the middle of the sea sure makes the fps seem REAL GOOD.Next we will have piper cub races in Antartica.I think the next FSX should take place on the moon.Mooney Moon Racing.Sorry just still upset with this mess.I still use FSX for helicopters but have reloaded all my FS9 addons and use it 80% of the time.Will I buy it. Not sure yet.

Hello,If I have to pay for .... I prefer to pay for a FSX SP2 or SP3 with improved (and garantied) scenery, textures, ATC, multiple monitor .... performances.

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

Nope, I'm just not interested.

"improved river coverage in Canada"Ultimate Terrain X Canada will take care of that.

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 546.65, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other games, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.

>"improved river coverage in Canada">>Ultimate Terrain X Canada will take care of that.Thats true, but MS really should fix the issue, the entire Fraser River missing at Hope B.C., comeon at least put it in the add on pack?FSX stock otherwise pretty decent, the terrain and landclass so much better then FS9, 3rd party add-ons concern me with FSX, I loved UT Canada for FS9 it was needed but now the frames low, and default MS setup not too bad I dont want a 3rd party app messing things up with floating buildings and trees etc. :)

I'll buy it....yet another avenue for FS and sounds like fun to me, something to just jump in and fly on the seat of my pants without having to program an FMC or worry about that ILS approach. A nice adrenaline rush if you will....shame they couldn't use that.I'm looking forward to the release of the specifications to see what features will be included not to mention how they do on some of the new planes, but I guess to each his own and the good news is at least they haven't just released FSX and said see you in three years, got to love this new found commitment to the user base.Ian.

No. And what's more, I don't come on this forum to talk about stupid arcade games. Can't we just get rid of any threads that relate to this stupid 'arcade-style' add-on and discuss things that actually relate to flight simulation?This add-on is a shameful marketing gimmick to attract the younger generation and make more $$$. Nothing more, nothing less. And what's more, I'm disappointed that MS feel the need to release something like this.What a joke.