Sign in to follow this  
Alvega

Parallel 42 Stripr

Just got an email from Parallel 42 announcing the release of this product, did anyone try it? I'm tempted.

https://parallel42.com/products/stripr

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

The bonus features might be interesting to some;

• Skip MSFS Intros: Allows you to skip annoying intro branding trailers (asobo/blackshark/etc).
  • Skip Undesirable Popups: Allows you to suppress network disconnect popups & more.
  • Skip Sim Updates Screen: Allows you to bypass a sim update by hitting [CONTINUE]. Nothing is worse than being prompted to download a massive update when you just wanted to enjoy a quick flight!
  • Like 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

3 minutes ago, Sethos said:

The bonus features might be interesting to some;

• Skip MSFS Intros: Allows you to skip annoying intro branding trailers (asobo/blackshark/etc).
  • Skip Undesirable Popups: Allows you to suppress network disconnect popups & more.
  • Skip Sim Updates Screen: Allows you to bypass a sim update by hitting [CONTINUE]. Nothing is worse than being prompted to download a massive update when you just wanted to enjoy a quick flight!

I thought so too. They seem very useful.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

I decided to bite the bullet and bought it and this thing is amazing. Dunno what they've done but my loading time went down to almost half. It loaded in 6m55s before and now in 3m50s (my sim is on HDD, not SSD). Without FSLTL it loaded before in 3m58s and now in 1m33s!

Also love to see the loading percentage and already saw some very nice airports for future flights. Very nice. 

In the interface tab I have everything enabled except "Enable cinematic zoom". Didn't like that one because the zooming pauses several times during the loading.

Also, it's 10% off, instead of $14.00 I got it for $12.60.

Well done Parallel 42!

Edited by Alvega
  • Like 1

Alvega

I just bought it, but there is a problem with the installer. It seems that my store version of MSFS (on drive g:) is not detected. 

I am told to use the xbox app to move my unencrypted files. But where to, they need to stay on the drive they are currently installed to.

Any ideas, anyone?

Thanks. 

EDIT: I chose the same folder for the "move" where I originally installed MSFS and now Stripr has detected my installation. So if you need to repeat this step, no worries. 

Edited by hjsmuc
  • Like 2

Hans

10 minutes ago, hjsmuc said:

I just bought it, but there is a problem with the installer. It seems that my store version of MSFS (on drive g:) is not detected. 

I am told to use the xbox app to move my unencrypted files. But where to, they need to stay on the drive they are currently installed to.

Any ideas, anyone?

Thanks. 

EDIT: I chose the same folder for the "move" where I originally installed MSFS and now Stripr has detected my installation. So if you need to repeat this step, no worries. 

Mine is the Steam version, just had to open the sim and it auto-installed.

Glad you sorted it out.

Edited by Alvega

Alvega

4 hours ago, Alvega said:

Just got an email from Parallel 42 announcing the release of this product, did anyone try it? I'm tempted.

https://parallel42.com/products/stripr

Watch the start of my stream, STRIPR? I like it.............................

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

11 minutes ago, SierraHotel said:

What's the atc problem you are using 

14ppkc-6.png

I ordered Stripr a few minutes ago. When MSFS came out in 2020, I installed it on drive U: (SSD) and since then it is running rock solid. Stripr cannot detect it even if I launch MSFS. I for sure will not move any file of my MSFS-Installation just to get this tool running. So for me it is wasted money at the moment. 

Edited by ltu6800

2 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

STRIPRs? Sounds good!

The name of this tool is "STRIPR" - no joke ... 😁

6 minutes ago, ltu6800 said:

The name of this tool is "STRIPR" - no joke ... 😁

Gentlemen, if you are in a relationship or married, please have your spouse present when purchasing this. You don't want unnecessary drama when the bank statement arrives. 

More on topic, this seems interesting and I may give it a go after looking at some reviews. I bought Flow and am happy with that purchase. //42 are putting out some interesting products. Props to the team. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, SierraHotel said:

Nice, it loads so fast with that SSD. Looks like I need a new PC.

So when using a SImbrief flightplan it doesn't show images of other world airports, correct? I didn't try it with a SImbrief plan yet.

Alvega

32 minutes ago, ltu6800 said:

I ordered Stripr a few minutes ago. When MSFS came out in 2020, I installed it on drive U: (SSD) and since then it is running rock solid. Stripr cannot detect it even if I launch MSFS. I for sure will not move any file of my MSFS-Installation just to get this tool running. So for me it is wasted money at the moment. 

It is not actually moving the installation. Just tell the xbox app to use U:\MSFS (or what you called it) and in about 10 seconds it will work. Would be a pity to have paid for it and not give it a try. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hans