Sign in to follow this  
Alvega

Parallel 42 Stripr

If you asked me to describe the current default loading screens I honestly couldn't do it. I start MSFS, do something else for the next minute or two and look up again when it's ready to go. Replacing it with something else makes absolutely no sense to me. I'm constantly amazed by what some people will willingly spend their money on. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

I actually love this type of innovative quirkiness.  I like what it does.  The default opening screens bore me to death, so I usually make a cup of coffee.  You are not meant to buy it if it doesn't add value to your experience, so for those calling 'ripoff',  no-one is being forced to be ripped off

Edited by ErichB
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

6 hours ago, altenae said:

Well don't complain when CTD occur in the future 😉

im keen to get it, but i also thought this.

are microsoft happy with their core files being tinkered with is my concearn 

• Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

Oops 1:

https://parallel42.com/blogs/wiki/a-warning-for-ms-store-users

Oops 2:

From the site:
Skip Sim Updates Screen: Allows you to bypass a sim update by hitting [CONTINUE]. Nothing is worse than being prompted to download a massive update when you just wanted to enjoy a quick flight!

Hidden in this topic:
This option is now disabled by default. This is only really useful for devs or creators with low bandwidth that need access to the sim at a very specific time and cannot wait for the large download to finish. Things can go wrong at some point but the fix is always a simple relaunch away.

Maybe the site should be updated because this looks like misleading information. I am sure quite a few people bought Stripr for this function alone and now it apparently doesn't work as advertised and they even say things can go wrong indeed. In other words: "This doesn't do what we made you believe it would do".

And no, you do not have to have bought this addon in order to share this information. 😉

Edited by tup61

14 hours ago, Keven Menard said:

No, it installs directly in the sim's core files.

There is now a warning for Store Legacy users, with a recommendation to move the sim via the XBox app.  Can you link to specific instructions on how to do this?  I have looked at my XBox app and there is no mention of this option.

Bert

12 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

There is now a warning for Store Legacy users, with a recommendation to move the sim via the XBox app.  Can you link to specific instructions on how to do this?  I have looked at my XBox app and there is no mention of this option.

We are currently working on documentation based on the things we've learned in the previous 24h and will be updating the warning banner as a result.

This is what your Manage panel should look like in the Xbox app if your install is encrypted and allows you to decrypt it to a new folder location by clicking Enable.

0YRXhhA.png

Edited by Keven Menard

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

13 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

This is what your Manage panel should look like in the Xbox app if your install is encrypted and allows you to decrypt it to a new folder location by clicking Enable.

OK, that is indeed what it looked like and I executed the move.

I now have yet one more link, from the original location H:\WindowsApps to the new folder H:\MSFS where Microsoft Flightsimulator now resides.

Is that it?

Bert

6 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

OK, that is indeed what it looked like and I executed the move.

I now have yet one more link, from the original location H:\WindowsApps to the new folder H:\MSFS where Microsoft Flightsimulator now resides.

Is that it?

That's it!

• Like 1

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

1 hour ago, tup61 said:

Maybe the site should be updated because this looks like misleading information. I am sure quite a few people bought Stripr for this function alone and now it apparently doesn't work as advertised and they even say things can go wrong indeed. In other words: "This doesn't do what we made you believe it would do".

I'm not sure how you could have a function that changes the version of the app from the one the MSFS servers are expecting to be running and not have the possibility of it causing problems.

Naah.. This is a pass for me. I generally make myself a cup of coffee while loading the sim. Don't really care if it shows my simbrief route TBH. I kind of know where I am going already.. 😉

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Can the utility be uninstalled please?  BR.

M.

Very Best Wishes,

Dr T. Maurice Murphy

Just now, Paladin said:

Can the utility be uninstalled please?  BR.

M.

Yes, in the exact same place you installed it (the Configurator)

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Make one for AIG Manager ? 🙂 It takes twice the loading time

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png