Sign in to follow this  
Alvega

Parallel 42 Stripr

"Reduce Loading Screen Anxiety: Say goodbye to the frustration of wondering if Microsoft Flight Simulator has locked up during loading. "

"Loading Screen Anxiety" is something I'm not familiar with. I'm getting a pretty good laugh at that one.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, f.skywalker said:

I bought it but am too stupid to install it.
I use the MS Store version. This is not found.
Then I start the XBOX app as described and click on Manage. Then I should select a drive to move the unencrypted game files to. If I select that, it requires 157 GB of storage space.
I have no idea what I'm doing there. I don't want to destroy MSFS.

It should only ask this if you installed the Sim to a drive and folder of your choice. Pick the same now, don't choose any other, it will only move a small number of files to detect the Sim. Example: Your Msfs is at D:\MSFS. Then choose D:\MSFS as the destination in the xbox app. Sounds scary, but works in a few seconds. 

• Like 1

Hans

I'd rather not mess with my setup. I can only see things breaking in the future as development on the sim continues.

• Like 1

Flight Sim PC - OS: Windows 11 Pro. CPU: i9-13900K.  RAM: 64GB. GPU: NVidia RTX 4090 OC
Flight Sim Xbox - Seriex X, 3TB

20 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Did you buy it?

Guess twice. 😉 Obviously not.

15 minutes ago, tup61 said:

Guess twice. 😉 Obviously not.

You already said on page 2 of this thread that you are not interested in a tool like this, wouldn't buy it and in fact you wouldn't by anything from this dev, you even labeled people that doesn't think like you as "special", and you are still here doing what? Just to troll? If you have nothing constructive to add what are you doing here?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

3 minutes ago, Alvega said:

You already said on page 2 of this thread that you are not interested in a tool like this, wouldn't buy it and in fact you wouldn't by anything from this dev, you even labeled people that doesn't think like you as "special", and you are still here doing what? Just to troll? If you have nothing constructive to add what are you doing here?

Well, you started it LOL

You said you were tempted and I thought that meant you would like to hear pros and cons and opinions. Are you only being constructive when you hail something? Sorry for sharing my opinions on this addon. Next time you might want to ask for positive reviews only and prohibit criticism. 😉

Having said that: yes, it's better that I move on. 😉

2 minutes ago, tup61 said:

Well, you started it LOL

You said you were tempted and I thought that meant you would like to hear pros and cons and opinions. Are you only being constructive when you hail something? Sorry for sharing my opinions on this addon. Next time you might want to ask for positive reviews only and prohibit criticism. 😉

Having said that: yes, it's better that I move on. 😉

You can't tell anyone any pros or cons or your opinion, because you didn't buy it. So yes, I agree with you, better move on.

• Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Might be a nice utility, but the numbers of times MSFS froze or crashed is very low to almost absent and I doubt loading times will be reduced.

Disable pop ups might be a thing, but again it occurs very selvdom on my system.

Override update - why ? - I know wht day updates are released and normally want them as soon as possible.

The cool thing though, is thatI might get inspired from sights of different locations I never thought of, as well as displaying my Simbrief Routes.

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

I bought it mainly for the airport screens and showing the % loading - I find that extremely handy. Not much interested in the other options, especially the hide updates option - not sure about that one.

Like others, my install is on F:\MSFS and the initial install couldn't find it. Rather than mess with xbox I just reran the program and the second time there was an option to scan and find which then prompted to start MSFS - I did and Stripr installed with no issues.

If no other issues come up I'll keep it mainly for the % loading time - I honestly don't think it is shorter just different.

• Like 2

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

8 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

What's the atc problem you are using 

Looks like FSHud (not FS Hub)

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

57 minutes ago, tup61 said:

Sorry for sharing my opinions on this addon. Next time you might want to ask for positive reviews only and prohibit criticism. 😉

I gave what I consider to be a fair and balanced first assessment/overview of the program. 

Here are a couple of quick and dirty images from the sim while loading into a flight.

5oWBrQl.png

MEPsU5G.png

• Like 1

I like it. I don't need it, but like so much in MSFS, it's a little extra "eye candy."

• Upvote 1

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

17 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

Hi Keven,

Just got an email saying there is an update for Stripr. Where can I find the changelog? Can't see it in the site and no Stripr channel on Discord either.

Thanks.

Edit: I see it was added now in Discord. Thanks.

Edited by Alvega

Alvega

Looks promising. Give us an update when MSFS needs to open in safemode because of unexpected closing.

I will properly buy it anyway

Thanks Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png