Sign in to follow this  
Zangoose

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 - Announce Trailer

18 minutes ago, Franz007 said:

And I am just once again disappointed to see that MSFS2024 doesn’t go into the right direction of needed improvements.

It is way WAY too early to say that, we know barely anything about it. The trailer only showed one aspect of the sim, not everything that's coming to it.

I saw a lot of masts (maybe high voltage lines?) around the airport the BelugaXL was taking off from.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, edu2703 said:

Anyway, I agree with you on how terrible this announcement was. You know how bad it was when the announcement left more people worried than excited. For me, they shouldn't have given the announcement now with almost no details known. The FAQ clarified a few things, but many questions are still open.

This 2024 thing was well meaning, but poorly advertised and executed is what I was thinking as well. I'm not concerned either way because if this is what needs to be done for them to keep going forward, then I'm ok with it as it's not a lot of money. Yah, too many questions. The trailer was interesting but it doesn't seem to focus on addressing the things I am most interested in, but the issue is everyone has different priorities. For myself, it would be increasing the resolution and color fidelity of the terrain, and second would be changing the ground physics a bit.

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

I don't think any marketing video is gonna show 2 minutes of "look at these bugs we fixed!", they're there to show pretty things that the masses may be interested in and we've only seen *ONE* video. No doubt we'll get more, perhaps ones focused on individual areas and what not in the future.

I see lots of panic over nothing but assumptions, of course the severe lack of communication from MS is to blame for that so it'll be interesting to see what information comes out in the following weeks....which by then the fire of assumptions will be in full on rage mode.

Edited by MarcG
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

28 minutes ago, MarcG said:

I don't think any marketing video is gonna show 2 minutes of "look at these bugs we fixed!"

There is a general assumption in the ad/PR industry that people are dumb and cannot be enticed but by showing them shiny stuff with a bombastic narrative. Not too long if possible because, you know, their attention span is short. 

It may work to sell soaps, it seems it does not work so well with the flightsim community. Its not me telling that. Its hundreds of posts on forums for the last two days. Remember we are over serious in this hobby. Too serious maybe but it is the way it is .

I, for one, would have welcome  a nicely wrapped trailer showing a revamping of the game integrating  all the reasonable corrections requested by users for the last three years. Not that I mind the shiny CL-415 though, mind you  😁 !

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Yeah attention spans have gone out the window the past 15 years, everyone wants everything yesterday and they're looking for the next thing when it's released!

I'm sure we'll get more, as I said this is but one video, no one can base the entire Sim off that one video (some are trying!) and yeah let's hope future ones delve more into specific areas for those of us with attention spans longer than 20 seconds.

Edited by MarcG

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

27 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Remember we are over serious in this hobby. Too serious maybe but it is the way it is .

But a minor part of the buyers. The majority of which, doesn't even know about the existence of forums and autopilot bugs.

Shiny trailers and advertising work, just for everything. Even for people, see election results in democratic countries.

• Like 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

13 hours ago, Nixoq said:

I don't know how people can keep up with all the nonsense that is being posted. I'm actually flabbergasted at how this simple 2 minute trailer has completely, entirely obliterated people's sense of reason, their ability to form a logical thought

Prime example (on a micro scale)  of how mainstream media creates socio-political discorde.  So easy to do.

Well, at least everyone seems excited.  Even the profits of doom..  They just convey excitement differently,

Edited by ErichB
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

But a minor part of the buyers. The majority of which, doesn't even know about the existence of forums and autopilot bugs.

Shiny trailers and advertising work, just for everything. Even for people, see election results in democratic countries.

When you prepare a trailer to highlight a new product for an once-in-a-year promotional show and that it is met by a hurricane of negativity on all the social platforms including their own, something is amiss. 

• Like 8

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 minute ago, Dominique_K said:

When you prepare a trailer to highlight a new product for an once-in-a-year promotional show and that it is met by a hurricane of negativity on all the social platforms including their own, something is amiss. 

Is this unique to the flightsim world or does it happen on other prolific super-genre games,  like GTA. (or maybe more appropriately, Elite Dangerous or space type games of a more technical nature)

I have always thought of the flightsim crowd as a bit more OCD because there's more to the experience than shooting things up

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Is this unique to the flightsim world or does it happen on other prolific super-genre games,  like GTA. (or maybe more appropriately, Elite Dangerous or space type games of a more technical nature)

I have always thought of the flightsim crowd as a bit more OCD because there's more to the experience than shooting things up

Other games, I don’t know. We, a band of maniacs ? Certainly 😁 and maniacs need love too.

Dominique

1 hour ago, Dominique_K said:

You know, I have a feeling same trailer and saying next FREE update of Flight Simulator Franchise.. everyone will be cheering up.. but same trailer with the title MS2024 = end of the world.. 

Imagine in few months time Microsoft saying if you own MSFS, 2024 will be a free upgrade.. (totally possible, they did it with Windows 7 to Windows 10.. and now Windows 10 to Windows 11).. it is in MS best interest everyone is on the same platform to keep pushing technology forward.

We need to keep a better open mind positive mind..

R.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, simbol said:

You know, I have a feeling same trailer and saying next FREE update of Flight Simulator Franchise.. everyone will be cheering up.. but same trailer with the title MS2024 = end of the world.. 

Imagine in few months time Microsoft saying if you own MSFS, 2024 will be a free upgrade.. (totally possible, they did it with Windows 7 to Windows 10.. and now Windows 10 to Windows 11).. it is in MS best interest everyone is on the same platform to keep pushing technology forward.

We need to keep a better open mind positive mind..

R.

They already said 2020 will be supported after 2024 is released. This would make no sense if everybody could simply switch over for free to 2024.

7 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

They already said 2020 will be supported after 2024 is released. This would make no sense if everybody could simply switch over for free to 2024.

that was an statement after 5 hours of people raging with pinch forks, etc... at this point everything is possible.. they just wanted to re-assure people support is on going.. just like right now even after decades of its release... Windows 7 still receiving updates for corporate environments, despite that Windows 10 was offered for free update.

Not everyone can update sometimes, for one reason or another, but the objective was to bring a larger customer base to a common technology so things can move on.. 

S.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sethos said:

So is Avsim planning to make another sub-forum for the 2024 version or just keeping it all under one roof?

No, we were promised 10 years of support for the MSFS sub-forum

• Like 2

9 hours ago, edu2703 said:

Anyway, I agree with you on how terrible this announcement was. You know how bad it was when the announcement left more people worried than excited. For me, they shouldn't have given the announcement now with almost no details known. The FAQ clarified a few things, but many questions are still open.

Yes and no. I can’t deny the number of people that needed reassurance that their addon library wouldn’t be nuked is not small. Also the number of people who see this as proof that MS want to gamefy the sim is not small.

I can’t help feeling both groups’ reasoning is a bit bonkers.

- OF COURSE MS wouldn’t micturate all over their business model by demolishing trust in the marketplace with no compatibility for future versions. That would be insane, and if you thought that, frankly you need to take a deep breath before making any more deductions in your life.

- This was a reveal at an Xbox showcase, for an Xbox audience, with ‘buzz’ as its main theme. It’s entirely appropriate for them to focus on new, shiny structured activities like careers and not ‘improvements to ground handling over 2020’ and such like. 

So yes, it can’t be denied that a number of people got themselves quite upset over this (although I think it’s far fewer than the number who are patiently waiting for more info or are really excited by it). On the other hand, I don’t think any marketing team can be judged too harshly for the frankly foolish conclusions that some people jump to, or the sense of entitlement some sections of the community have in assuming that any announcements should be made to appeal to THEM first.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 4

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea