Sign in to follow this  
Zangoose

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 - Announce Trailer

Community Manager SeedyL said on stream today that we'll get an aircraft list later this year, I don't know if that was a slip of the tongue or not.

16 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Community Manager SeedyL said on stream today that we'll get an aircraft list later this year, I don't know if that was a slip of the tongue or not.

It’s on their FAQ:

Will there be airliners in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024? 

Yes! We have not yet announced the full list of aircraft available in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024, but it will include several new airliners. We are certain that players will be very excited when they see the full list of available aircraft later this year.

Edited by ca_metal

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

Since MSFS 2020 released in late 2019 can we expect that MSFS 2024 will release late this year?  The holidays you know.

sp

4 minutes ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

Since MSFS 2020 released in late 2019 can we expect that MSFS 2024 will release late this year?  The holidays you know.

sp

Msfs released in mid 2020. In August. Also you can, in the end of the trailer, it’s stated as “coming in 2024”.

But I have high hopes we will have plenty of info before the end of the year. Dev streams, dev updates and maybe a new alpha insider program.

Edited by ca_metal

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

3 minutes ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

sp

it didnt release until august 2020.

edit: lol! beaten to the post

Edited by ShawnG

24 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

It’s on their FAQ:

Will there be airliners in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024? 

Yes! We have not yet announced the full list of aircraft available in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024, but it will include several new airliners. We are certain that players will be very excited when they see the full list of available aircraft later this year.

Yeah
I missed the 'later this year part' in the Q&A. oops!

Edited by Tuskin38

Forgive me if I missed this point.

If you have the premium deluxe to you get to take the extra aircraft to 2024?

Considering the upgrade to get the 787 but will only do it if the aircraft come over.

thanks, Paul

Paul

BeQuiet Pure Base 500 FX - MSI Mag Tomahawk B760 - i5 13600k @ 5.1ghz - 32GB RAM - RTX 3060 12GB  -  32f (31.5" ) Full HD Monitor - TCA Officer Pack - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke -  Logitech Multi Panel

43 minutes ago, garlicbread11 said:

Forgive me if I missed this point.

If you have the premium deluxe to you get to take the extra aircraft to 2024?

Considering the upgrade to get the 787 but will only do it if the aircraft come over.

thanks, Paul

All the aircraft in 2020 will be in 2024.

They said most marketplace purchases will carry over, and technically the higher editions of MSFS are from the marketplace.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

All the aircraft in 2020 will be in 2024.

They said most marketplace purchases will carry over, and technically the higher editions of MSFS are from the marketplace.

I'm quite sure they'll make the 787 available as a single aircraft to purchase for MSFS 2024, otherwise you'd be in a situation that in like 2027 people would have to buy MSFS 2020 (!) Premium Deluxe to be able to fly the WT 787...

2 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

I'm quite sure they'll make the 787 available as a single aircraft to purchase for MSFS 2024, otherwise you'd be in a situation that in like 2027 people would have to buy MSFS 2020 (!) Premium Deluxe to be able to fly the WT 787...

I wouldn't be so sure...

There's a really clear economic argument for giving non-PD purchasers a less... ahem... d***ish way to upgrade to PD, maybe offering the Longitude or the 787 as one-off $15 or $20 purchases, but they haven't shown any indication that they want to do that. Instead, it's "oh you bought it for $60? Pay me another $85. Don't pay attention to all the people who got it for $120."

It's bewildering to me and I don't understand why. From a sales and marketing perspective it makes zero sense.

35 minutes ago, mspencer said:

I wouldn't be so sure...

There's a really clear economic argument for giving non-PD purchasers a less... ahem... d***ish way to upgrade to PD, maybe offering the Longitude or the 787 as one-off $15 or $20 purchases, but they haven't shown any indication that they want to do that. Instead, it's "oh you bought it for $60? Pay me another $85. Don't pay attention to all the people who got it for $120."

It's bewildering to me and I don't understand why. From a sales and marketing perspective it makes zero sense.

The clear economic argument is only valid as long as this leads to actual sales of the Premium Deluxe 2020 version. This might now be the case, but certainly not in the year 2027, so they'll change it, for the very same economic reason (AKA maximizing profit).

On 6/25/2023 at 1:48 AM, ShawnG said:

it didnt release until august 2020.

edit: lol! beaten to the post

Jorg said in one interview - we are year and half of launch fs2024

so, December 2024 for sure...

MS was justified in choosing to make the announcement at the XBox showcase because there are still people in the flight sim community that don't know about the FSExpo keynote but they all have seen the announcement trailer...

• Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

From what I've read so far this is basically the same game updated but they've had to give it a new Title so they can charge for it. (before the gatekeepers jump on me I'm not criticising im just a realist)

• Like 1