Sign in to follow this  
Zangoose

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 - Announce Trailer

It has always been about Game Pass that`s why MS put the money in, I suspect their target is a 100 million subscribes.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Asobo gives us regular sim updates, AAU1, AAU2 soon, a regularly updated SDK, study level aircraft like the Longitude, and yet people think 2024 is going to ignore the "sim" aspect of MSFS.

Keep pouring on the negative predictions everyone, it's really great for the community. I'm sure the devs enjoy reading it too, unable to defend their hard work and set the record straight because they're under NDA.

• Like 13

Indeed the negativity here is unbelievable.

I don't think it was possible for MS to find a good way of announcing their further development of MSFS. No matter whatever they did, still the Avsim crowd would have found reasons why this must be the catastrophic end to flightsimulation.

I for one am positively excited and looking forward to the next generation of MSFS. Anyone else?

Edited by RALF9636
  • Like 13

51 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

I guess people read things differently, the only real regativity that I've seen is about the incredibly poor communication at the time the video was released - which IMO is negativity that is perfectly justified.

That lack of communication started a wildfire and resulted in people not understanding fully what this new sim is, they've read false info and so that's a small bit of negativity as their minds are warped from the actual truth - of which we still know very very little due to the aforementioned lack of communication!

Overall though I've seen very positive views towards what MSFS2024 could become, but of course there's lots of apprehension regarding how it will play out, again perfectly acceptable because we know practically nothing at this moment in time.

Edited by MarcG

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

32 minutes ago, DunRingill said:

This can only be a good thing. Remember all the years our hobby was stone dead? Now it is very much alive!! 

It's true, the negativity is amazing, people think they can wishlist anything and Asobo will magically make it available without sim evolution. "Oh, you want the submarine to fly under the ocean...no problem, MSFS can handle that, the next world update will feature the ocean floor"

You know, MSFS needs to keep evolving, improving, better engine, full DX12, Avatar, cleaner ground texture and paint, better procedural and autogenic world, environment affecting prop wash, humans interactions with the planes, many more default planes with deeper systems and door openings, reinvented mission system systems…all of this seems to have been taken into account when designing this new sequel. We don't have any proof of this at the moment, but I'm sure the ATC and AI systems (at least we know more ai models and liveries will be in MSFS2024) have been completely rewritten according to your wish.

You wanted something, then made a wishlist, Asobo listened and evolved their own game engine, then started working on a new iteration of MSFS to make it available. BUT NOW you want all that work to be free and limited by the current MSFS technology, right?

Seriously think about it, how can flightsim evolve if you don't support the guys who make flightsim but it's weird because in your book P3D and Xplane can release new version but MSFS can't

You've seen over the past 3 years how they've revolutionized FlightSim, how much free content and work they've pushed into it, how much they've listened to consumers and developers.

I don't understand the attitude here, it frustrates me a lot, but I'm still pretty excited because this new MSFS2024 is going to push the limits again, thanks Asobo

Edited by cyril972
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MarcG said:

I guess people read things differently, the only real regativity that I've seen is about the incredibly poor communication at the time the video was released - which IMO is negativity that is perfectly justified.

That lack of communication started a wildfire and resulted in people not understanding fully what this new sim is, they've read false info and so that's a small bit of negativity as their minds are warped from the actual truth - of which we still know very very little due to the aforementioned lack of communication!

Overall though I've seen very positive views towards what MSFS2024 could become, but of course there's lots of apprehension regarding his it will play out, again perfectly acceptable because we know practically nothing at this moment in time.

That is the way Microsoft communicate about heir games, you got to deal with it, MSFS was announced the exact same way, you simply have to wait before jumping into conclusions and making assumptions that’s it

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

I don't think it was possible for MS to find a good way of announcing their further development of MSFS. No matter whatever they did, still the Avsim crowd would have found reasons why this must be the catastrophic end to flightsimulation.

I for one am positively excited and looking forward for the next generation of MSFS. Anyone else?

Count me in. It's an incredible age to be a flight simmer.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, cyril972 said:

That is the way Microsoft communicate about heir games, you got to deal with it, MSFS was announced the exact same way, you simply have to wait before jumping into conclusions and making assumptions that’s it

Oh I'm well aware of how they do things, I had some hope they'd learn after the distaster of the VR communication before SU2 and subsequent other failures but no...!

Times like this I think it needs the actual developers (Asobo) to communicate not the uniformed marketing department, but unfortunately they don't.

• Upvote 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Rather than blaming Microsoft or Asobo for all the negativity and wild speculation based on nothing why don't we just blame the people who are doing it? I mean there are still people worried about their addons even after they've been told everything will be compatible by both Asobo and by multiple other people. You can't manage idiots. Early announcements without detailed information about every aspect is completely normal and a way to gather insight into what people want and expect.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RALF9636 said:

I for one am positively excited and looking forward for the next generation of MSFS. Anyone else?

All in all, I’d say the reactions have been rather mild here at Avsim compared to other forums including the official forum. 

And to answer your question, I might be excited (or not) when the MSFSteam  gives us some info about what to expect. 

• Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

9 minutes ago, walloppy said:

Rather than blaming Microsoft or Asobo for all the negativity and wild speculation based on nothing why don't we just blame the people who are doing it? I mean there are still people worried about their addons even after they've been told everything will be compatible by both Asobo and by multiple other people. You can't manage idiots. Early announcements without detailed information about every aspect is completely normal and a way to gather insight into what people want and expect.

As you call idiots people with genuine concerns, I’d say that the definition of sheer idiocy in my book is to blindly believe what a PR department says. Like you do.

• Like 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

18 minutes ago, walloppy said:

I mean there are still people worried about their addons

It's the same old claptrap and angst every time.  People kneejerk, don't read, jump to conclusions, get emotional, develop a negative attitude.  It's just so completely silly.  But when it's released, everyone will want to be living in Kiribati and a month in it'll be the best thing ever.

There has never been a better time to be in flightsim.  I am still dumbfounded that this has been announced, but I am very happy that it has been.  Th tidbits in the trailer look very interesting. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, walloppy said:

You can't manage idiots.

I have no wish to be 'managed'. If that makes me an word not allowed I find that preferable to being a sycophant.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I am simply appalled by all the negativity and over reaction everywhere.  Too much self entitlement. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png