Sign in to follow this  
Zangoose

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 - Announce Trailer

6 minutes ago, ErichB said:

It's the same old claptrap and angst every time.  People kneejerk, don't read, jump to conclusions, get emotional, develop a negative attitude.  It's just so completely silly.  But when it's released, everyone will want to be living in Kiribati and a month in it'll be the best thing ever.

There has never been a better time to be in flightsim.  I am still dumbfounded that this has been announced, but I am very happy that it has been.  Th tidbits in the trailer look very interesting. 

Yes, here has never been a better time to be in flightsim.  I agree and was there even before FS1.

And you have to wonder how the alchemists of the MSFS marketing department can so easily transform the gold into lead.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

7 hours ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

Right...not sure if you saw HPGs post as to why it might be an entire new build.  Very interesting to say the least.  I can see if it proves out why you wouldn't be able to simply upgrade over the old install.

It CAN'T be an entire new build. That's not the way things work with massive, complex applications.

It's a new VERSION of the same code, and that's why it's backwards compatible with "virtually all" of the existing addons, etc.

6 hours ago, bonchie said:

With all due respect, so what? MSFS survives because it makes money. They can't just never release a new version unless you want development to stop eventually.

FSX was not a completely new product. XP12 was not a completely new product. The Asobo engine is the base, and they are going to keep building on that with new versions. They've already said addons will transfer and that the MSFS roadmap will be completed.

With simming, people forget that there's more to a good product than just scenery and airplanes. If MSFS 2024 includes a ton of new career/game elements and some engine improvements, that's a big investment by them and they should be rewarded for that.

Why are you disagreeing when we seem to see things the same way...?

2 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

And you have to wonder how the alchemists of the MSFS marketing department can so easily transform the gold into lead.

In the flightsim space, MS marketing has never done a great job.  They don't have the context that we all do so their communication will always be out of sync with our expectations.  And for the most part,  they're trying to communicate with those who don't have a clue anyway.

• Upvote 1

50 pages and growing.... Would it be time to put this thread out of it´s misery.. We will see when we will see the outcome of all this... 

• Like 1

Tapani Österberg

13 hours ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

Seems to me that MSFS 2020 will be reserved for the tuber crowd and MSFS 2024 is for the simmers who want to have fun.

sp

So what's the point of our tuber add-ons being compatible with 2024?

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

13 hours ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

Seems to me that MSFS 2020 will be reserved for the tuber crowd and MSFS 2024 is for the simmers who want to have fun.

sp

...and you've deduced that from a short trailer showcasing only new features....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Virtpilot said:

50 pages and growing.... Would it be time to put this thread out of it´s misery.. We will see when we will see the outcome of all this... 

I have a solution for you. Do not open the thread and read it. Et voila. Your misery is over.

2 minutes ago, ErichB said:

And for the most part,  they're trying to communicate with those who don't have a clue anyway.

And they failed. It seems that it is those « who don’t have a clue », the new comers to the hobby, who are the most upset. Old hands like you and me can take a step back to wait and see.

• Like 7

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

4 hours ago, Franz007 said:

Since i barely touch MSFS now, i can only speak for the iniBuilds A310. Why doesn’t it have inertia (depending on the weight) at all if CFD is supposed to be something that great?

I completely disagree, like many professional pilots do. The only thing realistic is the use of satellite ground-textures. Even on my VFR-route, the main landmark is missing (and is there when using XP12 and simheaven). Then the ground behavior is extremely unrealistic, the whole atmosphere is unrealistic (PMDG themselves stated that), there is no simulated density altitude, no wake-turbulences, no impact of big storm-cells on your aircraft. And i don’t even talk about the flightmodel (not all but most of the aircrafts). You must be either joking or aren’t flying planes in real. 

I havent touched the A310. Airbus (& airliners in general) aren't really my thing.

Like I said - give the 172 G1000 & the Guimbal Cabri a try. They are pretty dang good, by any standard (esp considering they're "Default" addons).

There are a few others that are decent, and certainly better than most of what came before CFD/NPS/SBS.

If your "landmarks" are missing in the sim, you're likely using the wrong ones (I have this argument all the time with X-Plane default scenery bashers). Think Bigger.

We all know the other limitations of the sim, and since you seem to be familiar with X-Plane, you're SURELY familiar with all the missing/inaccurate/features over there.

X-Plane is better than it's ever been, and so is MSFS. Both are better than anything else, too.

If you want to really focus on Flight Models in general, yes, the best addons in X-Plane are better than the best ones in MSFS. But there are plenty of mediocre ones in X-Plane (especially the high performance Fast Jets). Only with X-Plane 12 did Austin finally flesh out a great number of Flight Model innacurracies/omissions (see his own blog post). And he's still refining the sim.

MSFS does certain other things better than or as well as. And there are many "in real" pro pilots who prefer MSFS because it fits their particular preferences better.

At the end of the day, I like both sims for different reasons. If you don't like MSFS, or just want to bash the undeniably monumental accomplishment it is, please go away.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, UrgentSiesta said:

At the end of the day, I like both sims for different reasons. If you don't like MSFS, or just want to bash the undeniably monumental accomplishment it is, please go away.

I find this cult like devotion, first in XP to  Meyer and now in MSFS with Asobo very odd. Criticism is necessary. How else are the developers of the products we have paid for able to understand their customers? Asobo need to be brought down to earth. Only by keeping ALL their customers happy can they survive.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Only by keeping ALL their customers happy can they survive

Impossible, for a number of reasons.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Impossible, for a number of reasons.

Then they will simply lose some or many of their existing customers. Whether they can make up for this with new ones is an uncertainty. A gamble.

• Like 1

Don’t know if it has been posted already.

the head of Xbox Game Studios Matt Booty and head of MS Gaming Phil Spencer briefly touched upon MSFS 2024

Edited by GSalden

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

It used to be that flight simulator was all about simming and real piloting, now it seems that flight simulator has become a GAME  I under stand thats for the big BUCKS  I have been simming since the late 90's I sometimes think that they gave up on FS 2020, so many people totally surprised!!!  Where is that 10 year commitment we always heard about????

Look u have a product out for almost 3 yrs, No ATC, problems with air traffic, problems with weather. I could go on and on, its all about the bottom line. so what do u do? Instead of trying to fix the problem, will create another sim 2024, and people will buy into it. another opportunity to make the big bucks!!

Tottally LACK of COMMUNICATION,  why are we all Surprised, CAUGHT UNER THE RUG!!!  2020 comes out in AUG, now lets drop the BALL and start a new sim. 2024, some kind of loyalty to  consumers

I am upset cause I invested a lot money into FS 2020 !!!  New computer, addons etc  I blame ASOBO, this was not handled right, and I have done BIGTIME marketing for FORTUNE 500 companies.

Edited by Sunshine13
more info
  • Like 2

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

17 minutes ago, Sunshine13 said:

I am upset cause I invested a lot money into FS 2020 !!!  New computer, addons etc  I blame ASOBO, this was not handled right, and I have done BIGTIME marketing for FORTUNE 500 companies.

You make it sound like you bought 2% of Apple and that the value is dropping.

If you have "invested" so much then I am sure you can handle the extra "investment" and buy 2024 as well.

• Like 1

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //