Sign in to follow this  
Zangoose

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 - Announce Trailer

3 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Sure, knowing by experience how reliable their servers are with FS20, difficult to imagine that anything could go wrong with the same servers having two sims to distribute at the same time. Piece of cake.  

That makes no sense. It's not like two versions is an additional load. It's a server sending a file to a client, the server doesn't care what the version numbering is, it's a binary exchange of data.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

47 minutes ago, odourboy said:

But there's a cost and it's ongoing without direct revenue generation. My point on the emphasis on missions in 2024 is to divert traffic from servers. Prove me wrong. 😉 

Meh, no sense in trying to disprove wild speculation 🙂 , although I'll just say that given the way MSFS works with cloud/services, doing missions doesn't necessarily mean there is going to be less interactions with the servers.

And to be clear: the emphasis of the first teaser trailer (meant for the Xbox gaming showcase event) was on missions. That does not then mean the emphasis on the overall 2024 release is missions.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

10 minutes ago, odourboy said:

But there's a cost and it's ongoing without direct revenue generation.

Hot off the presses, y'all! MS has confirmed that the 2020 marketplace will be shut down as soon as 2024 releases! That's craaaaaazy!

12 minutes ago, odourboy said:

My point on the emphasis on missions in 2024 is to divert traffic from servers. Prove me wrong. 😉

I got nothing for this one. It provides its own comedy....

• Like 7

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

19 minutes ago, odourboy said:

But there's a cost and it's ongoing without direct revenue generation.

They haven't said that the marketplace is being shut down.

And since 2024 is a separate product, they could still make sales off 2020 sales and gamepass.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

The biggest question I have is are they going to fix the visible horizon line? If so, then MSFS2024 will be a new simulator with a new engine. If not, then it will be just an update. I think it will be the latter.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrFuzzy said:

no ray tracing,

I wonder. There's one shot with the sun reflecting off a puddle that looks like Ray tracing? Although it could've just have been tarted up for the video.

6 minutes ago, RoomyKestrel235 said:

I have is are they going to fix the visible horizon line?

you can still see it in the trailer. But the sim isn't out until next year, so everything is subject to change.

27 minutes ago, Krakin said:

Hot off the presses, y'all! MS has confirmed that the 2020 marketplace will be shut down as soon as 2024 releases! That's craaaaaazy!

Haha. Much more likely is that the Marketplace becomes the only way to get third party addons into the sim! Well worth an evens odds wager.

And so there I was, happily enjoying the sim. Looking forward to the SU's and WU's. Reading and watching reviews to build my collection of addons. It was such fun. And POOF! It was all for nothing. I'm left with a legacy and outdated dead piece of word not allowed.

Edited by jarmstro

14 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

And so there I was, happily enjoying the sim. Looking forward to the SU's and WU's. Reading and watching reviews to build my collection of addons. It was such fun. And POOF! It was all for nothing. I'm left with a legacy and outdated dead piece of word not allowed

Okay, so suddenly the sim is no more fun, the addons you have are worthless and it was all a worthless effort?  Right.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

I wonder. There's one shot with the sun reflecting off a puddle that looks like Ray tracing? Although it could've just have been tarted up for the video.

No, reflections and shadows are still screen-space based in the trailer (look at 1:39 (low speed possibly) and 1:54):

https://pasteboard.co/yTrabKQbVMLu.png

https://pasteboard.co/HgTP3O6R6XVD.png

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

7 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Okay, so suddenly the sim is no more fun, the addons you have are worthless and it was all a worthless effort?  Right.

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic like I was.

• Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

2 minutes ago, ErichB said:

I was going to fire it up soon but I can't bare to.. EDIT But wait! Just got an email saying the E121 has been updated. OK, well I'm going to download it and give it a fly but, after that, I doubt I'll have the heart to run it anymore.....😃

• Like 1

55 pages of wild, unfettered speculation and I'm loving every second of it. Reminds me of another certain time 😉

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bdub22 said:

55 pages of wild, unfettered speculation and I'm loving every second of it. Reminds me of another certain time 😉

Back in the "Oh my god, it's 100% going to be a subscription only sim because it's on Game Pass and we will have to pay for the streaming of satellite data, NO WAY would that be part of the base game" days?

• Like 4

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

If they had just had the sense to call it MSFS V2, instead of saying it's a brand new sim, all my anguish would have been avoided.