Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

MSFS 2024 …. Betrayal ?

6 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

There isn't anything that can be done on X plane, that can't be done on MSFS. 

Not true. X-Plane can max out my 4090, MSFS can’t do that… 😆

Edited by kiwikat
  • Like 4

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

1 minute ago, kiwikat said:

Haha and still look like a shimmering mess while doing so

• Like 10

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

20 minutes ago, micstatic said:

Jury is out for me

the most reasonable attitude at this stage when we don't know much.   

Speaking of betrayal is an exaggeration though. In all the promotional BS  MS has never said that MSFS had been designed a training sim.  And gameification has been part of the sim since day one, 40+ years ago.

• Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Worth noting that Microsoft has, unlike X-Plane, never licensed their FS software for training puposes - hence ESP and P3D. It has always been a game - albeit one that has tried its best to simulate real flight. There seems to be no reason to assume that the core flight model is going to change for 2024. They haven't announced that it will become a new version of Crimson Skies or Rescue Pilot. 

Betrayal is a great song by Strung Out, MSFS2024 however is not betrayal in any way shape or form....clickbait yootoob nonsense.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

God, this video is so thoroughly dramatic and odious, I don't even know where to start.

That guy should go out and touch grass for a little bit. Oh no! Misplaced taxiway signs and trees on the glidepath?! No sim has ever shipped without those kind of issues.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Flic1 said:

Looks like all the YT'ers have a chance to get some clicks this week!  This guy appears to have mostly clickbait titles on all of his videos.....and I didn't waste any more time than the first 30 seconds of this one...

They did the same with the Apple VR headset, knowing darn well it doesn't have anything to do with MSFS VR.🤦‍♂️

Edited by blueshark747
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

A lot of people were hoping MSFS would be developed in the same manner as Windows 11 or Minecraft. One title with continuous updates.

Though that's obviously not the case, I get the feeling the "new versions" will end up feeling more like DLC than new titles. That's my initial opinion, anyway.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Is it me or this drama of MSFS2024 is getting annoying? Reminds of the subscription drama before MSFS was released 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

1 hour ago, kiwikat said:

Pushing 32 Bit PS2 graphics with water reflections and bloom on super ultra isn't really a hard task for a 4090🤪

Just sayin...😉

• Like 1

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

2012 was definitely a betrayal of 2006 and I'll just leave it at that...🤣

Edited by blueshark747

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

54 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

Is it me or this drama of MSFS2024 is getting annoying? Reminds of the subscription drama before MSFS was released 

Oh yeah, that was fun! Good times... 😄

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471