Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

MSFS 2024 …. Betrayal ?

1 hour ago, Dereksmalls said:

There seems to be no reason to assume that the core flight model is going to change for 2024.

There also seems to be no reason to assume the core sim won't continue to develop substantially.  MSFS 2024 will not release until sometime in 2024 so there is potentially ample time to focus on core elements that need more attention.  My guess is that the areas of largest import are really not that massive to address, and the fact we may not have seen sufficient improvements is no indication they won't arrive and even before 2024.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

What a freaking joke lol

What a messed up civilization we have now

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

The drama 😂

Not everything is either/or. A flight sim can be both educational and entertaining.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Chris

1 hour ago, omarsmak30 said:

Is it me or this drama of MSFS2024 is getting annoying? Reminds of the subscription drama before MSFS was released 

I find it mind-boggling how little rational thought there is in the community over this. There's nothing more than a 1:30-ish minute video and a very short 'FAQ' - basically, we know close to nothing. And yet, the community for the most part is drowning in negativity and overreaction and is jumping to conclusions because they've decided already it's all doomed, as if no one learned a lesson from when exactly the same thing happened with the current MSFS when it was announced.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

6 minutes ago, Nixoq said:

I find it mind-boggling how little rational thought there is in the community over this. There's nothing more than a 1:30-ish minute video and a very short 'FAQ' - basically, we know close to nothing. And yet, the community for the most part is drowning in negativity and overreaction and is jumping to conclusions because they've decided already it's all doomed, as if no one learned a lesson from when exactly the same thing happened with the current MSFS when it was announced.

Uh? I must have missed that. People were hyping the hype train thinking MSFS would be the all-in-one flight sim and would need no more addons of any kind. I don't think there was much negativitiy around until AFTER the actual release when it turned out a lot of stuff was not working (as expected) etc.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, omarsmak30 said:

Is it me or this drama of MSFS2024 is getting annoying? Reminds of the subscription drama before MSFS was released 

It is not you.

But, this is what you get when you release a trailer meant for 12 yo to an adult community which has the distinct feeling that it breaks a four-year old narrative.

There are genuine concerns which should be voiced because MSFS superbly ignored them.

It might be time to MS to understand that you don't launch a new sim like a washing powder  😄

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

5 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

But, this is what you get when you release a trailer meant for 12 yo to an adult community which has the distinct feeling that it breaks a four-year old narrative.

Not seeing many adults here. Lots of hyperbole and drama yes, but adults no. 
-B

• Like 8
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, btacon said:

Not seeing many adults here. Lots of hyperbole and drama yes, but adults no. 
-B

well you know, adults are not what they used to be. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

12 minutes ago, snglecoil said:

The drama 😂

Not everything is either/or. A flight sim can be both educational and entertaining.

I know didn't you love the "Can't have two masters" idiom 🤣    And also the OMG, they're in it for the money! Um, all serious FS producers are in it for the money duh!  No income no can do!  Except for FBW I don't know how they do it 👏 

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

1 minute ago, Dominique_K said:

well you know, adults are not what they used to be. 

Ha!  You win the Internet today!!!

-B

• Like 1

Same "it's a game" clickbait video we saw in the summer of 2019. As far as betrayal? I don't think anyone knows what is going on yet with the whole 2020 vs 2024 situation yet.

Edited by reignman40

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

1 hour ago, Noel said:

I know didn't you love the "Can't have two masters" idiom 🤣    And also the OMG, they're in it for the money! Um, all serious FS producers are in it for the money duh!  No income no can do!  Except for FBW I don't know how they do it 👏 

FBW do it via donations from the community.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

2 hours ago, Nixoq said:

I find it mind-boggling how little rational thought there is in the community over this.

100% It's almost like people have forgotten there was FS2004 then FSX. X-plane 10, then 11, then 12... It's only reasonable that a studio releases a new title after while. We've gotten plenty of free updates and content. I welcome the new version and look forward to handing them my credit card again. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, reignman40 said:

I don't think anyone knows what is going on yet with the whole 2020 vs 2024 situation yet.

They should have made it clear, if it's an add-on DLC that's one thing but a whole "New Sim" that's another thing entirely.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD