Sign in to follow this  
Sunshine13

who is still buying stuff for 2020, since 2024 is coming out

14 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

What does that mean?

it's just the 'vibe' i get from watching the trailer. It reminds me of playmobil adverts when I was a kid. 

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

8 hours ago, Sunshine13 said:

Well since 2024 was announced last week with the trailer, are u still buying stuff for 2020?  For me, I will not be buying anything until 2024 is coming out.  Just curious what everybody else is doing

It would be nonsense stop buying or even playing MSFS 2020 when 2024 is out, if it is a new simulator as they announce it will need some good months or years to mature, to have bugs solved and to have fully compatible addons, even they saying the 2020 ones are going to work in  the 2024.

• Like 1

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

37 minutes ago, dmarques69 said:

It would be nonsense stop buying or even playing MSFS 2020 when 2024 is out, if it is a new simulator as they announce it will need some good months or years to mature, to have bugs solved and to have fully compatible addons, even they saying the 2020 ones are going to work in  the 2024.

MS2020 is almost 3 years in and still not mature in various areas, with tons of bugs & issues and a long list of wish list features. I think MS24 will hit the ground running, should all the mods transfer over and work out the box straight away, even if they don't it might only take modders a short time to get things moving.

I don't see it as being a new sim but more a Version 2.0 of what we've got now, be interesting to see what other advancements they make.

• Like 2

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

V2 is going to be common. Pay up people!

As it was stated marketplace add-ons will be compatible and so I will continue to buy thru the marketplace - although I am a bit leery and not sure if developers can just pull items from the marketplace if there are issues (but I assume the incentive is for them to make sure they work so keep the revenue stream up).    Outside of the marketplace I think I will be more cautious for large cost items (it might be awhile before they work if there are issues) 

The new sim announcement makes me think about who the developer is and whether they are likely to support their products in the new sim, but for the most part I have no plans to pause buying addons until 2024 is released. I am also very likely to buy the new sim soon after it releases, but probably not on release day. I have no problem waiting for some initial bugs to get worked through before jumping on board.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

V2 is going to be common. Pay up people!

It was already common in P3D or XP or even now for example Simwings released Munich V2, so not sure if it makes any difference 

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

I'm confident that almost all mods will be compatible with MSFS 2024. I see no reason to believe otherwise. In addition, a good number of developers have already announced that they won't charge anything for the upgrade. Some mods will be compatible out of the box. Others might need modifications to work on MSFS 2024, but honestly I'm not too worried about that.

Also, I don't mind paying an upgrade fee IF the price is reasonable and there's an acceptable reason for this charge, like if they need to make major changes to the addon to make it MSFS 2024 compatible for example.

I don't think it's a good decision to close your wallet until MSFS 2024 release, being trapped by the fear of a small probability that the addon won't be compatible or that the developer will charge an update fee. Also, you are hurting the developers as they need income to keep improving their products and providing more.

• Like 1

I’ll keep buying. I’m confident enough about the backward compatibility, and I just picked up the new ESSA yesterday. I’ve got some sale airports in my Simmarket cart too. I can’t help myself.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

I see no reason to stop purchasing add ons for 2020. When the new Sim is released, I will upgrade what I can and move on to the new Simulator. This been happening since the early days of FS 2000. Why stop supporting the developers for no reason other than a new Sim is being released.

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

I will buy anything that appeals to me as well.

My System: Intel 9700K 4.7Gz, ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHZ, Evga 3070TI  8GB, Noctua NH-D15S, Gigabyte 27" Monitor, Windows 10 64bit, 2xSamsung 500GB SSD, 1x Samsung 120GB, 1x Samsung 970, 1TB, 1TB H/D for Storage.

Helmut Berger

47 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

It was already common in P3D or XP or even now for example Simwings released Munich V2, so not sure if it makes any difference 

Well each to their own. I'm quite happy with the extensive collection of addons I have already and can live without any more until 2024 is released. 

Still buying stuff as I always did.  There have been assurances from both Asobo and multiple devs not to worry about compatibility (or paying for compatibility) so there’s really no reason to change behaviour.  Plus if you want your favourite addon devs to still exist for future sims best to keep supporting them now.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

3 hours ago, MarcG said:

MS2020 is almost 3 years in and still not mature in various areas, with tons of bugs & issues and a long list of wish list features. I think MS24 will hit the ground running, should all the mods transfer over and work out the box straight away, even if they don't it might only take modders a short time to get things moving.

I don't see it as being a new sim but more a Version 2.0 of what we've got now, be interesting to see what other advancements they make.

Yes precisely, 3 years not mature yet and with a lot of bugs...and you think 2024 is going to release all grown up? i don't think so...although i agree with you, i don't believe they are going to make a new product, engine as to be the same, so with all the pros and cons of course...but they are saying a new FS, so as to be a little more than a upgrade and not just missions that is basically what we see in that all spectacular hyped trailer.

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync