Sign in to follow this  
Zangoose

Aircraft & Avionics Update 02 (1.33.8.0) Now Available

6 minutes ago, solito said:

The B747 weather radar was working already before this update

Was it !   I never knew though that's probably becos I didn't fly it....   I noticed that also the CJ4 weather is working too.   Will they be updating the Fenix A320 for working weather and why only some aircraft.  Are all the default planes now working ?

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

Iirc correctly, wether data is freely available for gauges coded in the manner of the default stuff, it isn’t able to talk to code within wasm which is the sandbox environment used by third party developers who wish to use their existing c+ code, or to sims which are run outside the sim itself, like Felix’s a320

12 minutes ago, aerostar said:

Will they be updating the Fenix A320

No. Per Aamir of Fenix, they are not fans of Asobo WX data feed and do not plan on leveraging it. That was last I heard. Check the Fenix Discord for the real skinny.

-B

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, solito said:

It happens now after the upgrade at the Asobo B787 and the PDMG B737/700 when I pan using Track IR, In my case it is a white frame at some displays, the issue dissappears after some time 

I just started a flight LAX in B787 Asobo. no white frame when panning with my hat. But I am not using the default hat. I programmed it in Controls  | Options (i.e. cockpit look up, down, right , left commands. If I throw the hat in for instance the 2 o'clock direction, the view will pan up and right at the same time. So it works like a default POV hat would work. I un assigned all the POV axis and reprogrammed it. I've programmed panning this way in FS 20004, FSX, MSFS2020, etc. (long time). 

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

If I use the keyboard: shift + up arrow, shift + right arrow, etc. for panning there is no white border. 

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I've seen a white boarder on the instruments in the Got Friends Discus and I've seen that white dot in the middle of the screen only one right after the update but not since.

I've just had a CTD while flying the discus. Haven't had that in ages. Seems the screwed the pooch on this update!🤣

Installed new avionics update. 

I have no altimeter in the default longitude.  I have also taken out the enhancement mod.  I do not have the asobo longitude installed.   I have tried it both ways and can't get altimeter to show up.

Ideas?

Duane Buck

6 hours ago, cj-ibbotson said:

I tested the so called improved default 747 and the white dot appears if I press the right mouse button

Disconnecting stuff will not get rid of the white dot. You have to delete the conflicting stored profiles. In my case, deleting the assigned bindings for my joystick hatswitch got rid of it. The hatswitch on my yoke seems to not cause an issue and I still have a console controller connected but I've deleted all bindings except those used in drone mode. So it's possibly anything you have assigned on a peripheral  to Look Up, Look Left etc.  The white borders, however, remain. 

Edited by jarmstro

This update sucks. Loading times far longer, stuttering, white dot, white borders. I thought we were past all these regressions.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

This update has been good for me, it has even increased the performance. I used to get 33-34 fps on my personal CPU testing environment (EDDF25C runway w/A310 and live traffic @Ultra 3440x1440), now 39-40 fps and CPU load spread on 5 cores evenly (20-30%), with the 6th and main one at 75% only (previously 90%, and the others were not working evenly, between 10 and 30%). Two cores still work only when loading assets but that was expected.

ORBX Dubai with the Bell 47: steady 60 fps (locked with totally flat frametime).

Thanks Asobo! Look forward to MS2024 🙂 

• Like 2

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

8 hours ago, ndflieger said:

Also, the sky now has thin narrow bands in it. Never had that before the update. Tried to get rid of them via the GeForce Experience Game Filter - nothing seems to work. 

Sounds like the Horizon Line bug perhaps, that's been there forever but not everyone notices it, unfortunately when you do it can't be unseen 😔

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Just installed and took the ATR 72 for a short ride...

So far so good... Might be Placebo effect but I did notice smoother display.

None of the weird xbox controller type fancies so far, and I do have the collie hat assigned to view, although I always opt for doing it with the mouse.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Anyone know which is the best 787 Simbrief profile for the updated version - or is it just the default Simbrief profile?

25 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Anyone know which is the best 787 Simbrief profile for the updated version - or is it just the default Simbrief profile?

During the beta they were recommending the default profile for the time being. Not sure if that has changed.

Edited by Zangoose
  • Like 1

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

6 hours ago, webranger said:

Installed new avionics update. 

I have no altimeter in the default longitude.  I have also taken out the enhancement mod.  I do not have the asobo longitude installed.   I have tried it both ways and can't get altimeter to show up.

Ideas?

Please confirm you have manually turned on the STBY PWR switch located next to the LEFT GEN off/on switch.  The altimeter will NOT power up without this. Not sure what you mean by stating "I do not have the asobo longitude installed" ?? This is by default.

WAT1460.png