Sign in to follow this  
CaptainAddOn

Do you maintain a second sim?

1 minute ago, Bert Pieke said:

Still have P3D V5 installed, but never fly it.. 😉

I have P3D on my old Dell PC. Keep menaing to take out the harddrive, destroy it, and throw the entire thing in the dumpster. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Nope. Held on to XP11 for about six months. Went back one time and the difference was too much for me. So I recovered the HD space and am solely MSFS!

• Like 2

Eddie
KABQ

Nope and 2024 will replace it.

• Like 4

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Right now, no. MSFS is my main and only simulator. 

• Like 2

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

I still have IL2 Sturmovik installed for occasional formation flying with buddies in VR.

However, MSFS has taken over my flight simming time completely.

I mean, why wouldn’t it?

• Like 4

Depending where i fly.

in the USA - MSFS by far 

However, in northern Canada (especially in the Arctic) , where MSFS textures look more like Flight SImulator 1998 than 2020, then P3D v5.

Like 80% MSFS and 20% P3D v5

( fingers crossed that MSFS 2024 solves the " missing " satellite issue. 

• Like 1

Unless you are retired or have zero other life, who has the time? One sim is a handful and expensive enough. MSFS is an all rounder and arguably a non brainer.  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Specs: 11900K (5ghz), 64GB ram 3600mhz, RTX 3080 ti

Main Sim PC Msfs, P3Dv5 and XP12... Backup PC P3Dv4.5 and XP11. Do I use them all? At least the three newer ones on the main sim pc, yes. But MSFS getting around 90% of the time atm... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

Still have P3D V5 installed, but never fly it.. 😉

Same.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Until recently I used XP12, but have now fully migrated into MFS, and I really do not intend to return to XP.

I may revisit P3D though, buying a monthly license and trying it out. Some of my best airliner addons were the ones I used in P3D v4 and V5 - FSLabs A319 and 320.

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I've got XP12 but don't use it much as the antialiasing bleaches my eyes when I use it. A bit of a shame.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

I was a devoted fan of FSX for 15 years, but after 5 minutes of flying in MSFS there was no turning back.

I’d like to fly a really good 747-400 again. I have pmdg 747 on p3d.  And a metric crapton of airports, atc, utilities, etc… none of it is installed, since I rage quit my p3d installation a month before msfs came out.  The juice isn’t worth the squeeze, maybe some day.