Sign in to follow this  
UrgentSiesta

v6 Addon compatibility list from those who dare!

22 hours ago, Patriot3810 said:

I installed the 787 with the flight one app, The plane was normal for me, accept the screens were black. I was able to pop out each panel and program a flight no problem. I also tried switching the screens to HD with no luck. It's like it's missing fonts or they were not installed correctly.  

tbzt9bt.jpeg

I got the panels to work , but you have to be night time , it seems to be some sort of Light possibly with the Real Light Shader plugin or TrueGlass Shaders that are the culprit here( my guess as I am not versed in there inner workings)

I turned off all the new shaders with p3d6 during the day and it did not seem to make a difference.  It does make them brighter and dimmer at night time I have experimented with.

My suggestion would be if anyone has any interest in working this with me I'm down to dig through the p3dv6 SDK and figure out the lighting system and maybe what might be interacting with the shaders.  Maybe there is a possibility we can exclude the shaders from the panel.config files as well, I do see references to them in the panel folders of the aircraft itself. 

Largerly throwing guesses out as I'm not versed in panel design in p3d.

EDIT 

I also forgot to mention the panel configuration this screenshot is using is Hi-Res Panel with NO-RL enabled and i'm just using the 787-8 RR model currently.

Edited by DaveME
extra info

@toprob As a fellow Kiwi, thank you so much for your efforts in improving flightsim scenery.

Love NZCH and NZDN.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I think it's coming together rather nicely...

• Upvote 1

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

What about the Maddog?

Thank you,

Richard.

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

On the Facebook page of Sierrasim Simulation they said they are working on compatibility tests of their scenery. So I guess they will be updating their scenery for v6 if necessary.

https://www.facebook.com/sierrasimsimulation

Edit: They also said they will be looking to release their new SEGU v2 scenery for P3D v5 and v6.

Edited by Joseph29
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, Joseph29 said:

Edit: They also said they will be looking to release their new SEGU v2 scenery for P3D v5 and v6.

Thanks! That is good news.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

1 hour ago, AllanK said:

QW787 - looks like night time flying for me!

...is the favorite plane of...Dracula!

Does anyone know of guidance from Leonardo (Flythemaddox) ? I have been on their forums, and I do not see any info about P3Dv6 plans.

Edited by Skywolf
  • Upvote 1

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Hi UrgentSiesta and you glorious daredevils

What a great idea to start this listing. A good way to motivate the thumbs downers is to appreciate and congratulate the thumbs uppers

Alabeo's Golden Eagle C421 works PERFECTLY and of course its always a pleasure in looks and performance to fly this bird. (Surely Orbx can be given the nudge to tweak all their stuff (global, regional, airports and other)

Rod

I have not yet attempted the registry hack - so on standard P3DV6 installation:

I have successfully installed and loaded but not yet flown: QW787 (night - also started engines), EMB505 Phenom 300 HD series; Carenado S550 Citation II; QW Ultimate 146 Collection.

SPAD.NEXT sees the loaded aircraft and "SimConnect Configure - Test Connection" within SPAD reports a valid connection.

These aircraft only wanted to repair/remove the last installation - ie P3Dv5 so I did not proceed: A2A C-17A; PMDG 737NGXu and Vitaravia Globemaster C-17A.

Note: SPAD requires an update to install the P3Dv6 connect component - I am told it is expected this weekend.

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but the panel popouts (white button) on the QW787 work even in daylight.

Edited by AllanK
More information

3 hours ago, AllanK said:

I have not yet attempted the registry hack - so on standard P3DV6 installation:

I have successfully installed and loaded but not yet flown: QW787 (night - also started engines), EMB505 Phenom 300 HD series; Carenado S550 Citation II; QW Ultimate 146 Collection.

SPAD.NEXT sees the loaded aircraft and "SimConnect Configure - Test Connection" within SPAD reports a valid connection.

These aircraft only wanted to repair/remove the last installation - ie P3Dv5 so I did not proceed: A2A C-17A; PMDG 737NGXu and Vitaravia Globemaster C-17A.

Note: SPAD requires an update to install the P3Dv6 connect component - I am told it is expected this weekend.

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but the panel popouts (white button) on the QW787 work even in daylight.

Hi,

about the aircraft repair remove, you just need to rename the main p3d folder  to something like Prepar3d v5 1, and repairing your pmdg will create a new p3d v5 folder where you will copy to your v6, them you can rename again the v5 to the original name Prepar3d v5. This is without the registry hack. Also you can use this method creating a 'temporal' p3d v5 folder renaiming the original one, and only works with v5 already installed. I have one video in my youtube channel where you could see how clean and easy is the proccess,. but I think that is easy to try, no harm, witrh this lines. 

cheers

Richard

Most of add-ons (PMDG, ORBX, RAAS,IMMERSIVE V2)N SEEM to properly run on P3D v6.

Only issueS I have noticed until now:

- even if AIG Traffic looks good in some airports traffic is less than in V5 even if the % of AI traffic settings is the same on both versions (possible suggestions to solve?)

- few airports (i.e. JASD LICA) are covered by the default airport  (possible suggestions to solve?)

Joe