Sign in to follow this  
pmb

The New Flightsim.to

22 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Did Flightsim.to even have a public open beta test for the new site version?

This is why the entire MSFS community put pressure on Asobo and the MSFS team to implement a public open beta test for each Sim Update. We all remember MSFS Sim Updates before they had a public open beta test.

I don’t remember seeing them offering a open beta

Edited by Zangoose
  • Like 1

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

Takes a bit of getting used to but it's not half as bad as the oh-my-dog-my-world-is-ending comments here suggest it is. Everything is still there – I am curious to see how update notifications are handled, and yes know about the updates tab – and it seems to function just fine.

I'm not a fan of the dark fan either, nor the varying sizes of the 'cards', but hey, for the price who am I to complain? It's a great host for a huge array of free and paid add-ons to a great sim platform. 👍

Rather worry about human-and-animal rights injustices. It's not worth getting grey hairs about a web interface change. 🤷‍♂️

I find it an extremely clunky laggy design. The hallmark of a good site is that when you land there for the first time you intuitively know where to go , how to navigate, how to search, the categories are neatly laid out. This redesign is like someone emptied a sack of rice on the floor. Stuff all over the place. 

On another note Theres one thing I always wished for that was not there in the old design either.

In the liveries description there should be a mandatory field for the uploader to select from two choices:

• Real world
  • Fictional

The site should then allow us to apply filters like:

• Show all
  • Show real world only
  • Show fictional only

• Like 4

It works for me. Uglier, but i can still manage, far from being an issue.

• Upvote 1

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

1 hour ago, lupedelupe said:

Takes a bit of getting used to but it's not half as bad as the oh-my-dog-my-world-is-ending comments here suggest it is.

I don't see the issue, either. Judging by the comments, you would think someone's dog got run over. 

• Upvote 1

Quite simply, on the old site I could find exactly what I wanted and on the new site, I cannot.  It's not just a case of getting used to it, it's a case of the new site being totally unfunctional.

Never have I seen such a ruination of such a popular resource.

My main interest is scenery and I could quickly identify new scenery uploads, trending files then recent scenery updates.  I can no longer do that.  On PC it's next to useless and on mobile it's completely trashed compared to the old versions and nine pages of comments here seem to be saying the same.

Please take down this monstrosity of a website flightsim.to and upgrade it to the previous version without delay.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

I've just received my first email from a lovely lady giving me her gmail. She is 'waiting you'. 

So I guess something else is a bit bust. 

I also didn't get a notification about this most excellent news. If there are no notifications then a lot will go missed. 

There also appears to be no way of deleting or hiding it so my lost love will torment me for all eternity. 

Edited by superspud
  • Like 3

I have spotted a couple of 'dubious' advert slots - one is from a driver update site that is notorius for malware.  Be careful where you click.

I used to enjoy browsing the site for new and unusual addons - not anymore.

7800X3D  + RTX 4080 + 32GB DDR5

I feel like either I'm exceptionally gifted or because I didn't spoil myself with the preconceived notion of reading this thread, that I simply had to hate on the design, I don't go at this with a pessimistic mind but it took me less than a minute to understand and use the new design. Oh login is in the corner, fine. Oh that's also my menu that contains what I need, alright. Can quickly search out new, trends, most downloaded etc. oh here's a bar to resize the cards, alright. I mean, there's definitely some valid criticism and feedback to be had but my God, some of you people are slamming this like it's completely unusable. Oh they simply HAVE to take it down, this is basically a disaster! give me a break.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Takes a few mins to get the hang of where everything is, but other than that i quite like it. All your account details , Categories etc are in the bottom left. 

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Getting to like it.

Being able to resize the product thumbnails is great.
A lot of quick links on the thumbnails when you mouse over them.
Account, settings, promotional stuff at page left.
Product, categories, search, more promotion at top.
Seems ok to me.

The adds are a pain, by if they need them to survive I'll put up with them.
At least their adds seem to have a definite place on the page
and don't appear dead center covering what you are trying to read like they sometimes do here on AVSIM.

• Like 1

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

It seems uploaders can no longer upload multiple files to an upload now and its one file per upload. FE9qoRo.png

It was quite common to see "Fleet Packages" where you had the main file and then additional files for the various Regs that were painted instead of one big file.

It seems they have removed these multiple files on previous uploaded items so now some liveries only have the main file and not the additional files etc.

Edited by Zangoose

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

Sorry to those who like it, but I now have to go through loads of aircraft liveries and coffee cups to find the new scenery uploads and new scenery updates.  TBH I just can't be bothered to use the site any more 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)