Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

FSX one year Anniversary

So a year later, how do you like it? :D Of course it's been a quick year hasn't it? It's hard to believe it was a year ago...

Guest pdxbulldog

Well, as I wrote in a separate post a month or so ago, the state of high quality add-ons making the jump from FS9 to FSX is disapointing. No PMDG aircraft; no Reality XP GPS systems; no Aeroworx King Air...I could go on and on. Thank goodness the Level D 763 is out - it is a truly amazing experience to fly in this sim. Colin in Portland

Guest drdaru1

>Well, as I wrote in a separate post a month or so ago, the>state of high quality add-ons making the jump from FS9 to FSX>is disapointing. No PMDG aircraft; no Reality XP GPS systems;>no Aeroworx King Air...I could go on and on. >>Thank goodness the Level D 763 is out - it is a truly amazing>experience to fly in this sim. >>Colin in PortlandI have to agree, problems with FSX aside, it seems as though progress with this version is slower than in the past. Might be the change in daylight savings time though.

Still a love , hate relationship with me. Even after SP1 and all the tweaks I am still not convinced it has a future on the Pc, now maybe on XBox it would run....

1 year closer to FS11........Regards, Kendall#1: E6750C 3.2GHZ/Coolermaster HyperTX2 Gigabyte P35-DS3L 4GB Crucial Ballistix Tracers PC-6400 Seagate 250GB 7200.10 SATA2 Gigabyte X800XT -Cat 6.12's CH Yoke/Pedals/Saitek Throttle Dual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905 #2: Dell 8400 3.2 H.T. 3GB PC4200 Diamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530's

Regards, Kendall

Certainly doesn't feel like it's been a year. Frankly looking at the length of time between release and the service packs, it's pretty dissapointing how much time it has taken to get on the verge of what FSX should've been a year ago. Sometimes I really do like it, but that's after buying and installing FEX, ASX, UT, FSGEN mesh etc etc. But I'm sure ACES will do better next time.

Guest tmilton

I feel I have been enjoying FSX so far. Sure there have been some issues, but I think ACES has done a good job listening to the community with this version of FS. This is certainly different when compared to all the previous versions.Now the excitement is building up on the next iteration of FS, especially when we hear the engine is going to built fresh from the ground up, instead of being hampered by backwards compatibility.

Guest Stoopy

Interesting topic.To be quite honest I do enjoy it, dig it, have no regrets...but also wondering why it seems to have been much less than a year already. Maybe it's becuase it took so long to get my copy from the AvSim Conference :) and it's really only been about 10 months compared to some of you.But I can't push back this nagging feeling that I feel like I haven' flown it a year's worth already, and I think I know why: A higher percentage of that time was spent on "maintenance" options, including not just the increased time investigating and fine-tuning tweaks, but also converting FS9 aicraft as needed to avoid continuing pop-ups about incompatible gauges, making thumbnails for them all as they're added to the hangar, and so on.The telling part is that I enjoy the missions very much and thought I'd have completed them all by now, but actually I'm only halfway through yet. Although completing the rest is something to look forward to still, it does underscore the time spent on other less-enjoyable facets of the application.

I have and am (right now as I type) enjoyed this sim immensely. SP1 was the lifesaver for me. I am running FEX, ASX ASX Graphics, UT Can and USA, FS Genesis and the level-d and the sim is unbelievable. I have read many of the complaints about performance and feel others pain. I haven't had that problem. What I don't understand are the people who just don't see the advancement in this game. Water, weather, the way the aircraft feel and fly and look. This version is far superior. Since installed the level-d i have only gone back to FS9 a couple of times and that was to get my fix of the PMDG 747 . I have been holding off on the PMDG in FS9 thinking that the 747-400X was just around the corner ("its just gotta be this weekend"). That is the primary airplane that I fly and when that thing comes out that will be it for FS9. (Edit)Oh and by the way, yes I can hardly believe that it has been a year. My son was born on the day it came out in Canada. The labour was going slow and since we were having him at home when my wife went to sleep she encouraged me to get out for a breather. I took out my daughter and bought FSX. What a day.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Guest unitedpilot36

It's been a disappointment mostly for me, 1 year later and I still have the same issue I've had since it was released, blurries. That's life I guess, I am however excited about the new engine being built for FS11. I'll be buying Acceleration on Tuesday so hopefully SP2 will spark my interest once again.

One year later, another gaming computer later, and still running the old FS9 that looks better than ever.99% of my software doesnt even work with FS10, one year later. nice......

Love and frustration.There are moments of brilliance and awesome beauty. And moments of ugly low FPS deadness.Overall, it still needs surgery, but there is hope.

For what it is worth, the Aeroworx King Air WILL fly in FSX. A few edits are needed and there are a few minor issues but no biggies IMHO (i.e. So far I haven't been able to get the NAV/Beacon/Strobe lights to work and like a number of imported planes, engine starting is a bit diggy).The PMDG 1900 also flys in FSX with no noticable problems.Happy flying:RTH

>I have and am (right now as I type) enjoyed this sim>immensely. SP1 was the lifesaver for me. I am running FEX, ASX>ASX Graphics, UT Can and USA, FS Genesis and the level-d and>the sim is unbelievable. I have read many of the complaints>about performance and feel others pain. I haven't had that>problem. What I don't understand are the people who just don't>see the advancement in this game. Water, weather, the way the>aircraft feel and fly and look. This version is far superior.>Since installed the level-d i have only gone back to FS9 a>couple of times and that was to get my fix of the PMDG 747 . I>have been holding off on the PMDG in FS9 thinking that the>747-400X was just around the corner ("its just gotta be this>weekend"). That is the primary airplane that I fly and when>that thing comes out that will be it for FS9. >>(Edit)>>Oh and by the way, yes I can hardly believe that it has been a>year. My son was born on the day it came out in Canada. The>labour was going slow and since we were having him at home>when my wife went to sleep she encouraged me to get out for a>breather. I took out my daughter and bought FSX. What a day. Mike I love your edit :) what a great story :)

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

I have it installed on my 3 year old computer and have only used it a few times...just enough to realize how inadequate my equipment is for FSX. I have resisted the urge to upgrade all year long and will be holding out for the Penryn's and SP2. If the new chips and SP2 provide glowing reports from the community then I will upgrade. If not then I think I will buy a cheap C2D and continue with FS9 until FS11 comes out.(By the way, I think when FS11 does appear, with its all new engine, we can expect a least as long a wait for 3rd party addons to appear as we have seen in FSX...it will be a whole new ballgame).Mark.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000