Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

TAA Users; give DLAA a try

23 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Surely there is some degradation in graphics somewhere?  If not, everyone would be running DX11, no?

DX11 and DX12 looks the exact same to me. Just less frame drops on approach with DX11. 

• Like 1

On 7/29/2023 at 9:12 AM, SolRayz said:

I have the MS store version and had to install the Xbox app and convert to the new install path. Once the app is installed, there is option to convert MSFS install path in order to have more file management options. I followed through with the procedure, and everything is ok and working. Also the file in question is now there. I was able to backup the file and replace it with the new ver. Not sure I notice any difference tbh. 

Can you walk me through this in more detail?  I have the original install from 2020 and I don't want to lose any settings etc.

1 hour ago, Claudius_ said:

Just ghosting in the gauges, no other graphics degradation here, this is a very good compromise for my system.

Well, I have to agree with you!  I read your post and tried DX11 - an instant improvement for me!  My 2080ti has 12Gb but would stutter with textures on ultra.  I had my textures set to high to stop this.  Using DX11 I can have textures on Ultra with a smooth sim.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

14 minutes ago, Virtual-Chris said:

Can you walk me through this in more detail?  I have the original install from 2020 and I don't want to lose any settings etc.

I didn't lose any settings when I converted. I simply downloaded the Xbox app from the MS store. Once installed it should list MSFS in your "My Library". Click on MSFS and to the right of "Play" click on the three dots and you should have an option to configure your setup for more "management options", or something of that nature. Click on it and you will have to set an install path. It wants to default to C:\Xboxgames or something, I set mine to C:\MSFS in the Xbox app settings. It appears that you can't install to anything other than the C drive. You should have an MSFS folder with a number of folders and files in it including the DLAA file.  I did not lose any settings doing this. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

1 hour ago, SolRayz said:

.Click on it and you will have to set an install path. It wants to default to C:\Xboxgames or something, I set mine to C:\MSFS in the Xbox app settings. It appears that you can't install to anything other than the C drive. 

Thanks. Should I choose the existing path to my MSFS install or a new path? In other words, am I installing a second instance or just telling this app to use my existing instance. 

Edited by Virtual-Chris

On 7/28/2023 at 7:04 AM, cj-ibbotson said:

The cpu is 4 generations old and leaving me main thread limited so an upgrade of the GPU (3080ti not 3090) at present will not reap me much benefit.  The CPU, motherboard and memory are next on my upgrade rotation as last changed in 2019 compared to the gpu which was a year ago. a 4090, or whatever is better next year will then follow.  What cpu are you pairing with your 4080?

This is my situation as well - 9900KF/3080ti.  Just replacing the 3080ti (and keeping the 9900KF) with a 4080/4090 card will not give me one more FPS at 4K.  To get any benefit I would have to rely on FG. While FG is touted as a game changer it works best in systems that don't really need it.  As your base frame rate (without FG) gets lower - below 60 and certainly below 40  - there is a much greater chance of artifacts.  I would want to be very confident that this wasn't going to be my experience before shelling out for a 4080/4090.

Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

So I tried Nvidia DLAA and it does improve fine detail in the distance, but unless you know what to look for, you're unlikely to notice. It is odd how TAA makes details disappear though. I couldn't really see any difference in the avionics displays... if there is a difference, it's subtle.  I'm using the DLLs that ship with the game...

If anyone can confirm my question a couple posts up about whether I'm telling the Xbox app to reinstall MSFS or just pointing it to my existing install directory, that would be great.  I'll then try the newer DLLs.

I suspect the bottom line here is a trade off that most people won't notice... finer detail at a distance vs finer detail up close.

Neither option seemed to affect FPS.

1 hour ago, Virtual-Chris said:

If anyone can confirm my question a couple posts up about whether I'm telling the Xbox app to reinstall MSFS or just pointing it to my existing install directory, that would be great.  I'll then try the newer DLLs.

Point it to your existing install directory.

• Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

I was trying these settings and the sim enabled DX12 after an update. It also changed a bunch of settings. Before, I was having good luck with some older hardware. Thanks again.

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Dukes, Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

I'd like to retract my previous assesment of DLSS combined with DLAA. I did update to the newest DLL as per the instructions given and now the gauges are as sharp as they are under TAA.

It's just that I don't see a further performance increase since I'm on a 40xx card with framerate generation turned on anyway. At least as long as I don't put TAA over 100% though. With TAA above native resolution the performance degredation, especially under VR is very noticeable.

Edited by Farlis

I finally got access to the DLLs for DLSS and used DLSS Swaper app to upgrade them to the 3.1.30 version and it does seem to have resolved any issues with blurry cockpit labels. You will still notice a bit of ghosting or blurryness on the altitude and speed ticker numbers that scroll but that’s minor and completely fine with me. 

Edited by Virtual-Chris

we need a lapdancer !

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

ROG Crossair Hero X670e , 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM  6000 ( allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer iii 360 AIO  . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz ( allegedly ) TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

Been studying this thread with interest.  I have a 4070 and a couple of questions:

1) Where is that nvngx_dlss.dll file?  I have marketplace version, and I cannot find that file anywhere.  I have hidden files turned on to view.

2) What is everyone doing about the screen flickering with Frame Generation.  I really can't use FG because it gives me a headache.

i have 2 screens , i only get flickering when moving mouse from one screen to another ( annoying yes ) but the trade off is FG , if it gives you a headache well that's a medical issue, you will have to consult me wife about that , but it doesn't sound great my friend / 

ROG Crossair Hero X670e , 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM  6000 ( allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer iii 360 AIO  . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz ( allegedly ) TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +