Sign in to follow this  
MrBitstFlyer

New version of Rex Accuseason

I've installed (updated) REX advanced ed 10 ago. Everything worked fine incl. activation/registration. After reading this thread I run it again, but. ... "License not valid".

REX still is not reliable when it comes to activation/registration. This is not the first time that I had issues with REX add-ons. Also in FSX/P3D times purchase/activation etc. was always over-complicated and lead to problems. Obviously, I forgot this, because as I remember now, I wanted to keep my wallet closed for this company.

• Like 5

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

With the previous version of Rex, I would get a prompt screen each morning telling me the automatic installer had done it's thing while I was asleep.  I don't seem to be getting the same prompt screen anymore.  I'm unsure if it's actually running like it's supposed to at 3 am.  I'm certain I have automation turned on within the settings.

19 minutes ago, FakeWayne said:

With the previous version of Rex, I would get a prompt screen each morning telling me the automatic installer had done it's thing while I was asleep.  I don't seem to be getting the same prompt screen anymore.  I'm unsure if it's actually running like it's supposed to at 3 am.  I'm certain I have automation turned on within the settings.

It's not as obvious as in the previous version. All I see is an indication each morning in the tray that the program is running and will close in 5 minutes. It seems to be working OK. Maybe try changing the time to when you will be at the PC to check?

• Like 2

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

2 hours ago, ricka47 said:

With the previous version of Rex, I would get a prompt screen each morning telling me the automatic installer had done it's thing while I was asleep. 

Go into the REX folder and you can check by the date of the files that the automatic installer is functioning

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, mobeans10 said:

Go into the REX folder and you can check by the date of the files that the automatic installer is functioning

Exactly!

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker | 850W Thermaltake 80+ GOLD |

13 hours ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

Still absolutely no word from REX what should people who bought it from ORBX do. 

Here is what you need to do, until they send the files.

First, you must register at Rex Axis: REX AXIS
Use the same email address that you used at Orbx Direct.
Then, in the right hand column in the image you have the
information that you need.

image.png

The serial number is stored in the Documents\REX 6\REX AccuSeason\profile.xml file.
It can be opened and read using Notepad.
Your Order Number is your Orbx Direct transaction number.
You can find that here: Product Information - Orbx (orbxdirect.com)

10 hours ago, Reader said:

Here is what you need to do, until they send the files.

First, you must register at Rex Axis: REX AXIS
Use the same email address that you used at Orbx Direct.
Then, in the right hand column in the image you have the
information that you need.

The serial number is stored in the Documents\REX 6\REX AccuSeason\profile.xml file.
It can be opened and read using Notepad.
Your Order Number is your Orbx Direct transaction number.
You can find that here: Product Information - Orbx (orbxdirect.com)

If I do that, will I be able to register the product again through ORBX, when it is released - as a free update?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

If I do that, will I be able to register the product again through ORBX, when it is released - as a free update?

Of course.
It is already "registered" at Orbx, as it uses the same registration details as Accuseason does.

• Like 1

Just to add  on this  getting  this  on other stores etc  like  orbx this  was posted  earlier  on  discord

We have delayed the official release at the other stores right now. Until we stablize the validation issue. Our team will be meeting later this week to discuss when we will release it.  However, if you own the original AccuSeason you can get the new version now from REX AXIS.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

1 hour ago, pete_auau said:

Just to add  on this  getting  this  on other stores etc  like  orbx this  was posted  earlier  on  discord

We have delayed the official release at the other stores right now. Until we stablize the validation issue. Our team will be meeting later this week to discuss when we will release it.  However, if you own the original AccuSeason you can get the new version now from REX AXIS.

Two words - dumpster fire.

Eric 

18 hours ago, mobeans10 said:

Ah not sure why I didn't think of this.  Everything seems so be updating as expected.

I bought REX AccuSeason directly from REX store on September 25 and still cannot register it. There a note on the top of the registration " Product registration Register your product by sighing into your REX Axis account or use the standard registration process"

I fail to find yet he standard registration process. REX Axis as a high volume of support, i guess they screwed up there new registration process application.

On 9/27/2023 at 7:54 AM, Nemo said:

I've installed (updated) REX advanced ed 10 ago. Everything worked fine incl. activation/registration. After reading this thread I run it again, but. ... "License not valid".

REX still is not reliable when it comes to activation/registration. This is not the first time that I had issues with REX add-ons. Also in FSX/P3D times purchase/activation etc. was always over-complicated and lead to problems. Obviously, I forgot this, because as I remember now, I wanted to keep my wallet closed for this company.

Same problem with me. I have reinstalled REX AccuSeason Advanced a few days ago, when the program was released. The registration process was completed without problems. Today I wanted to run this tool again, and now I have got the error "License not valid!".😒

It is really strange and annoying.

Patric

I avoided updating until this afternoon having purchased AccuSeason from Orbx but it seems to be working ok at the moment using the RexAxis registration method with the old AccuSeason license key and purchase email. Maybe tomorrow it won't be!

Edited by robmw

On 9/28/2023 at 3:16 AM, pete_auau said:

I can download it from REX Axis, sure, but it gives the same validation bug. I submitted a ticket.

I have all the information correct, and REX Axis even tells me I have an AccuSeason product registered, but not Advanced Edition, and it won't let me register my key.