Sign in to follow this  
grandfred29

Fenix block 2 delayed

I think a lot depends on who the developer is and whether they are "in favour" with the punters.

Other developers are slayed on these very forums at Avsim for delays to products, despite giving valid and believable reasons why.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

David Porrett

37 minutes ago, DavidP said:

I think a lot depends on who the developer is and whether they are "in favour" with the punters.

Other developers are slayed on these very forums at Avsim for delays to products, despite giving valid and believable reasons why.  

You mean like PMDG or SLC? The Fenix update is delayed a month; The above devs delayed products by actual years.

Even still I imagine the people praising Fenix and the people bashing PMDG are often not the same group of people.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Not going further off topic but no one is bashing any developer (well maybe AS) here on the forum including PMDG. they are just "mocking" them and they actually own and love their product. Its just when developers make these "broken" commitments and statements they have to own up to the unforgivable users.

Edited by JBDB-MD80

1 hour ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

Just great the "kiddies" and the "immature" adults are having a fit over on discord well what did Fenix team expect after making a hard timeline in the first place on Block 2? This update is great news for the whole project but giving hard estimate timelines set yourself up for this silly type of madness from certain individuals. Just release it when ready or give it a 24hr timeline LOL.

They have always said don't take for granted what they put they say it can be delayed....

41 minutes ago, WestAir said:

You mean like PMDG or SLC? The Fenix update is delayed a month; The above devs delayed products by actual years.

Even still I imagine the people praising Fenix and the people bashing PMDG are often not the same group of people.

Isn't the Flight Sim update delayed by a month? Have these highly entitled individuals thrown their toys out of the pram over that?

Unfortunately, stuff gets delayed, the only option the devs can take to 100% guarantee they don't miss a date is not to give one. Cue the same individuals moaning they don't know when the update is due.

G

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

14 minutes ago, Gazzareth said:

Have these highly entitled individuals thrown their toys out of the pram over that?

(...) Cue the same individuals moaning they don't know when the update is due.

No one in this thread has moaned about the delay, though. I just feel like pre-emptively responding to complaints that don't yet exist is a bit off topic.

Also, a lot of people who do end up complaining are children and I feel we shouldn't expect 12 year olds not to act immature. Though I agree we shouldn't be nearly as lenient to the old entitled AVSIM'ers who do routinely act immature. Personally I just set their account to ignore😂

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

4 minutes ago, WestAir said:

No one in this thread has moaned about the delay, though. I just feel like pre-emptively responding to complaints that don't yet exist is a bit off topic.

Like many others I was referring to elsewhere, but if anyone feels the hat fits them, then they can wear it!..🤣😂🤣

G

• Like 1

Geez its like some individuals are upset that no one is complaining about this Update in this forum and have to respond. They certainly are complaining elsewhere I can assure you that, if you are up for that look elsewhere.

More on topic I'm glad we have decent devs out there that are still prepared to give dates. 

From my perspective a month will probably give me enough time to get to a point where I have a clue what I'm doing, since I've only just completed my first two flights in a bus...

G

I look forward to this update when it arrives 🙂 

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

18 hours ago, Car147 said:

Now there's something you don't see often... A developer that actually gives the info and reasoning behind their decision making.... Please stop it, as it may rub off on some others....  .  

A world away from the donuts at aerosoft.  

I admire aamirs honesty.  That's what people value, not being taken for a ride like other devs who just want to make a quick buck 

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Like 2

14ppkc-6.png

12 hours ago, OuterMarker said:

I've always been a fan of developers that give at least roughly estimated timeframes instead of being silent for ages until a week before release, even if that meant a small minority would be angry and obnoxious in case of a delay...but the insufferable messages on their Discord, not only today but also across the past couple of days has finally made me realize that giving any timeframes at all is a terrible mistake.

To be honest, the only way to stop the idiots is to go back in time to a point where we did not have the internet or social media. Then these developers could work in peace without the whingers kicking and screaming at their monitors every five minutes. Of course, they could have done that back in the day, but at least the rest of us never had to witness it.

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

30 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

To be honest, the only way to stop the idiots is to go back in time to a point where we did not have the internet or social media. Then these developers could work in peace without the whingers kicking and screaming at their monitors every five minutes. Of course, they could have done that back in the day, but at least the rest of us never had to witness it.

Talking about "idiots", is the best weapon for some word not allowed (or bootlickers?) that are deeply in love with their so much beloved devs, with their wallet open under their adored "products".

I'm not so enthusiast about the Fenix work because their A320 has so much work to do, it's unfinished and the last patch made it "mushy" (and what about their curious ideas about turbulence settings?), I'm rather skeptical for a bug free "product" where we can see so many planes developed in a so short time.

On the other side the FBW and WT teams are working on their "products" with a "evolution" concept, where we can see the "product" becoming better and better. Some commercial dealers have to face with this new way to live a flight sim, and PMDG above all didn't understand it.

Edited by Claudius_

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

30 minutes ago, Claudius_ said:

Some commercial dealers have to face with this new way to live a flight sim

spacer.png

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

51 minutes ago, Claudius_ said:

Some commercial dealers have to face with this new way to live a flight sim

Yeah mate, continue to write them death threats, I'm sure this will lead to a better product👍

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1