Sign in to follow this  
grandfred29

Fenix block 2 delayed

Amazing all that detail comes out in a post and all everyone cares about is one snippet with: "No, I'm just happy with what we're producing tbh.", and straight to the races with the timeline discussion again.

You are absolutely right, we are certainly never giving timelines out again - but it was worth a shot, everyone was asking for them stating that they're OK with it moving and understand it's the way it goes, but at least it's better than not knowing any of our aims/goals/targets, and so we delivered a timeline. It moved and now it's all people care about as opposed to the mad stuff we're doing, and now it's a case of: "why give timelines". It is rather exhausting. 

Can't win, hence I state - I no longer care about timelines, only that I am happy with what we're building. Maybe it does come out end of October. It's certainly quite possible. Or perhaps I see something I don't like, and want to fix it. And it moves again. I don't know, I'm not an oracle. Our timeline is October. It remains October. It is our shooting point. But I'm not going to rush a labour of love (because we sure as heck aren't getting paid for this update, no $$$ being exchanged here for this work) just to make an arbitrary timeline I set for us. That's just me doing damage to myself, then. 

• Like 36
  • Upvote 8

Aamir Thacker

2 minutes ago, Aamir said:

all that detail comes out in a post

As I said on the Discord chat, I think it would be highly beneficial if a member of the team produces some videos to go with the launch of Block 2 to save you all from being completely overwhelmed with support requests of 'my engines won't start #EpicFail'.

Very excited by the features (or should I say foibles) that the new engine model will bring!

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

The features & behaviours Aamir mentioned above I have only seen in Accusim aircraft and the fact we have them for a jet engine is amazing. Can't wait to blow up a few engines 🙂

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Aamir said:

Amazing all that detail comes out in a post and all everyone cares about is one snippet with: "No, I'm just happy with what we're producing tbh.", and straight to the races with the timeline discussion again.

You are absolutely right, we are certainly never giving timelines out again - but it was worth a shot, everyone was asking for them stating that they're OK with it moving and understand it's the way it goes, but at least it's better than not knowing any of our aims/goals/targets, and so we delivered a timeline. It moved and now it's all people care about as opposed to the mad stuff we're doing, and now it's a case of: "why give timelines". It is rather exhausting. 

Can't win, hence I state - I no longer care about timelines, only that I am happy with what we're building. Maybe it does come out end of October. It's certainly quite possible. Or perhaps I see something I don't like, and want to fix it. And it moves again. I don't know, I'm not an oracle. Our timeline is October. It remains October. It is our shooting point. But I'm not going to rush a labour of love (because we sure as heck aren't getting paid for this update, no $$$ being exchanged here for this work) just to make an arbitrary timeline I set for us. That's just me doing damage to myself, then. 

Do you remember, back in school, when one kid would annoy the teacher and in response the teacher would give everyone extra homework? I think the same thing is happening here, where the vocal minority ruins a good thing for the more mature majority.

I for one loved the timeline, and I just want to say that many other simmers like myself will support your decision no matter which way it goes. I've seen enough of your posts and your work to know that if you're happy with the product, then I will be too. Thanks for making MSFS so much better, Aamir.

• Like 13
  • Upvote 4

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Go as you see fit Aamir, Don't worry about the same "Entitled Few" that think the world revolves around them... (Ps It's usually the same names)

• Like 8

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

It will be when it will be. You can't win with some people, don't want to put words in Aamir's mouth but if it does get delayed, big deal, it will arrive when it arrives and it will be good. I think some people literally have nothing else to do but find something to complain about.

Edited by Brocky120
changes
  • Like 4

So, trying to get back to the original point of compiling Aamir's Discord posts. Is anyone here excited / concerned about the new engine modelling and what it will mean for the Fenix after Block 2's release?

I knew the v2500 had some intricacies. Yet having to manually start them in hot weather, such as a daytime departure from Dubai, and the pitfalls of getting it wrong, will be a new level of fun and 'anxiety' for me.

• Like 5

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

2 hours ago, Brocky120 said:

It will be when it will be. You can't win with some people, don't want to put words in Aamir's mouth but if it does get delayed, big deal, it will arrive when it arrives and it will be good. I think some people literally have nothing else to do but find something to complain about.

Not sure if its complains, i find it more as criticism, which is perfectly ok.

Funny how when it comes to PMDG, nobody complaining about 'people complaining' 🙂  

Roi Ben

6 hours ago, Aamir said:

Can't win...

It was really a breath of fresh air for the sim community when Fenix appeared with that open communication. It was a shining example for many other devs. I have always appreciated your openness very much, including giving some timelines. Everybody should be aware that more often than not such timelines are missed in software development. No problem, timelines just give a rough idea of where the development stands - which is a nice information for the community but nothing that justifies any kind of entitlement.

I am pretty sure the vast majority of simmers sees it like this and appreciates the way of communications you brought into the flight sim community.

Don't let a vocal minority of moaners and their entitlement bother you. Please maintain your open communication.

And btw.: the new engine features sound awesome! 🙂

Edited by RALF9636
  • Like 9

Also, you'll get compressor stalls if you don't pay attention to your x-wind and tail-wind limits.

Coming back to this thread because I missed this post, but holy hell. I don't think any other transport category product for MSFS simulates compressor stalls.

Just wow.

• Like 4

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

I’m glad FenixSim is prioritising quality. Until then I’ll get on with my life, and I think some people should take the same approach.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, WestAir said:

I don't think any other transport category product for MSFS simulates compressor stalls.

spacer.png

Can you imagine this happening on a take-off run?

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

It was really a breath of fresh air for the sim community when Fenix appeared with that open communication. It was a shining example for many other devs. I have always appreciated your openness very much, including giving some timelines. Everybody should be aware that more often than not such timelines are missed in software development. No problem, timelines just give a rough idea of where the development stands - which is a nice information for the community but nothing that justifies any kind of entitlement.

I am pretty sure the vast majority of simmers sees it like this and appreciates the way of communications you brought into the flight sim community.

Don't let a vocal minority of moaners and their entitlement bother you. Please maintain your open communication.

And btw.: the new engine features sound awesome! 🙂

This. 1000%.

45 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

Not sure if its complains, i find it more as criticism, which is perfectly ok.

Funny how when it comes to PMDG, nobody complaining about 'people complaining' 🙂  

Ultimately, criticism is fine. It is what it is, I can't do much about that - it is simply a byproduct of choosing to do what we're doing. You could have had IAEs around a year ago, but with 0 actual simulation behind it. Just a skinned CFM with "interpreted" display data and a bunch of nonsense running behind the displays. But hey, it would have worked, I guess.

It was our choice and our decision to build both the IAEs and CFMs to be better. Much better. We set our targets on stuff that is new and innovative. That is what our company is about - but pushing the boundaries come at cost. Both financial, and opportunity. Trust me, I stand here today sometimes wishing we did, in fact, just skin the IAEs and call it a day, followed by quickly throwing out the A321 and A319 and simply just moving on. It would have been cheaper by a factor of 10, and I'd reckon most wouldn't have noticed. But I would have. And it's not our ethos. As a consumer I believe in putting my dollars behind a company whose products I admire, but also whose ethos aligns with what I'm looking to get out of my dollars. So, that may open the door to criticism, because of how long it took to do. I think that's fair, and it does mean some customers completely disagree with it, and no longer want to spend their money with us - but we're always going to end up pushing for quality and depth over timelines, because there's no joy in what we do otherwise. 

• Like 26
  • Upvote 4

Aamir Thacker

16 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

spacer.png

Can you imagine this happening on a take-off run?

I know what I’ll be doing when I first get my hands on the IAE version 🙂

• Like 3

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU