Sign in to follow this  
Egbert Drenth

Blacksquare TBM 850 released

4 minutes ago, turbomax said:

perhaps I misunderstood you when you said "it is not capturing NAV consistently". to follow a flight plan, autopilot needs to be in NAV mode and GPS show CDI. only when you begin your VOR/ILS approach you would switch the GPS to VLOC mode, by pressing the CDI button.

That's what I normally do. I'm just wondering if there is something else going on since the lights on the AP don't work when you click on the switches. It's all very odd.

1 minute ago, Maaarp said:

since the lights on the AP don't work when you click on the switches

check in your MSFS Controller assignments if you have any buttons in your joystick/yoke/honeycomb assigned to any autopilot function, which would interfere with the Garmin and autopilot.

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

It seems the failure rate setting is not state saving. If i set it to a different value then 1x, the next time i start MSFS it's back to 1x

8 hours ago, Maaarp said:

I have the PMS GTN750 (paid version) installed, the Autopilot Master and other avionics is on, CDI to GPS but it's not capturing NAV consistantly. Added to that the Nav and Hdg lights on the AP panel never illuminate. The aircraft will follow a Heading but only sometimes the flight plan in Nav mode. It's frustrating as it makes it less realistic./

I also use PMS GTN 750 and also noticed that the NAV and APPR modes do not always work properly. Then I remembered that the GTN750 always works better with autopilot in WTT mode. I installed a special patch from the PMS50 website, and now all flights using RNAV/ VOR ILS began to happen very correctly.

Look at this page in the section - In-cockpit bezel - WTT Mode -

Black Square TBM 850

Download v1.0.0

Direct link to the WTT addon: https://pms50.com/fs2020/gtn750/aircrafts/pms50-gtn750wtt-aircraft-bksq-tbm850.zip

Edited by Nickbe
  • Like 3

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020

21 minutes ago, Nickbe said:

I also use PMS GTN 750 and also noticed that the NAV and APPR modes do not always work properly. Then I remembered that the GTN750 always works better with autopilot in WTT mode. I installed a special patch from the PMS50 website, and now all flights using RNAV/ VOR ILS began to happen very correctly.

Black Square TBM 850

Download v1.0.0

Direct link to the WTT addon: https://pms50.com/fs2020/gtn750/aircrafts/pms50-gtn750wtt-aircraft-bksq-tbm850.zip

Maybe that is why I have not had any issues,

When I purchased the TBM I downloaded the GTN 750 from PMS to try along with the WTT file.

I have shot many ILS approaches without issues and a few RNAV approaches.

• Upvote 1

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

12 hours ago, Nickbe said:

Black Square TBM 850

Download v1.0.0

Just be advised if you do use this along with TDS, you may get a white screen when swapping between the two GTNs.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

On 10/16/2023 at 11:12 AM, JaseMelbo said:

Yep.  IAS is working fine.

Jase

Is that using the IAS button on the Honeycomb Bravo AP panel?

Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

49 minutes ago, brucewtb said:

Is that using the IAS button on the Honeycomb Bravo AP panel?

Bruce

Hi Bruce.  Yes.  I can transition my climb to IAS by using the button on the Bravo.  Works well my end.

Jase

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr

2 hours ago, JaseMelbo said:

Hi Bruce.  Yes.  I can transition my climb to IAS by using the button on the Bravo.  Works well my end.

Jase

Thanks.  I think I have figured it out now - seems you can't pre select IAS on the ground as with other autopilots.  Also for IAS hold to work it appears you need to be at 130-140 knots or higher at least that is how it appears to me.

Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

On 10/10/2023 at 6:14 PM, Orlaam said:

I look forward to it!  I have had one weird thing happen a couple times.  The sound will become very vacuum sounding.  I can reset it by going external. 

I have noticed this sound change also.  However I actually prefer it as it reduces the high pitch (and to my ears distorted) sound you get at high torque and high prop rpm.  Not the best turbine sound set compared to others I have experienced over the years eg the RealAir turbine Duke.  But I note a better sound set is scheduled for a future update,  The current sound in cruise is better if you reduce prop rpm.

Bruce

• Like 1

Bruce Bartlett

6 hours ago, brucewtb said:

Thanks.  I think I have figured it out now - seems you can't pre select IAS on the ground as with other autopilots.  Also for IAS hold to work it appears you need to be at 130-140 knots or higher at least that is how it appears to me.

Bruce

I have noticed that no matter what I do...I simply cannot transfer my climb from VS to IAS by pushing my IAS button on my Bravo. It just does not hold my airspeed and will eventually just stall the airplane. It should work, but for some reason it's not.  I definitely don't have any conflicting bindings. Pushing the button on the AP in the airplane with my mouse, does work.

What I've noticed DOES work, is if I turn my airspeed selector knob just a bit on my Bravo...IAS then magically kicks in.  The only problem with this, is that at least to my knowledge, there is no actual indicator of what airspeed it's actually holding.  So basically I need to adjust the knob blindly until my airspeed either increases or decreases to where I want it.

Edited by FakeWayne

Did anyone notice the prop lever going from max (100% range )to about 75% inflight by itself?  I am pretty sure i don't touch my physical lever (Thrustmaster TCA quadrant) unless i want to reduce rpm. This happened on 2 consecutive flights, and on the 2nd flight i even unassigned the prop lever and only used the virtual prop lever from the aircraft...to eliminate a potential hardware issue.

7 minutes ago, FuriousBird said:

Did anyone notice the prop lever going from max (100% range )to about 75% inflight by itself?  I am pretty sure i don't touch my physical lever (Thrustmaster TCA quadrant) unless i want to reduce rpm. This happened on 2 consecutive flights, and on the 2nd flight i even unassigned the prop lever and only used the virtual prop lever from the aircraft...to eliminate a potential hardware issue.

I currently have about 7-8 hours in it and haven't experienced this.

13600K @ 5.6 | Gigabyte Windforce 4090 | LG C2 42"

2 hours ago, vrdubin6 said:

I currently have about 7-8 hours in it and haven't experienced this.

Problem solved, i actually had "Propeller Axis 1" assigned to another Hardware while i was using "Propeller axis"  with my TBM controls. I removed the Prop axis 1 assignment (which i was using for the PMDG 737).

• Like 1