Sign in to follow this  
BrammyH

PMDG 737 Tablet Releases 30 October 23

3 minutes ago, threegreen said:

Did you get the 2637 meters from official charts? IIRC the EFB takes runway lengths from the sim, not any official source, so maybe there's something amiss in the scenery or the sim database.

I did Navigraph and Lido. MK Studios EIDW. Who knows

15 minutes ago, threegreen said:

Did you get the 2637 meters from official charts? IIRC the EFB takes runway lengths from the sim, not any official source, so maybe there's something amiss in the scenery or the sim database.

What the heck are you talking about? Works just fine.

I started a flight from KFAT to KELP and the tablet dont set the airport name for KFAT, and if there is no airport name you can not choose the runway, and so on.

Now i am short before my TOD and tried again and now it shows up, don`t know what happens at this stage - so i put in the name manually ( what is not working ) but knowing this should be found from the EFB what not happens so i got a bit angry but now it seems to work..

Have to try again by a next flight.

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

7 minutes ago, pmplayer said:

I started a flight from KFAT to KELP and the tablet dont set the airport name for KFAT, and if there is no airport name you can not choose the runway, and so on.

Now i am short before my TOD and tried again and now it shows up, don`t know what happens at this stage - so i put in the name manually ( what is not working ) but knowing this should be found from the EFB what not happens so i got a bit angry but now it seems to work..

Have to try again by a next flight.

cheers 😉

Yeah I had to insert an airport name into KCLT for the calculator to work. The ICAO code should be enough. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

For some reason my tablet isn't showing up, although the FMS says I have v3.0.8.0?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

2 minutes ago, captain420 said:

For some reason my tablet isn't showing up, although the FMS says I have v3.0.8.0?

"When the tablet is not visible, you can activate it in our 737’s using the CDU menu via PMDG SETUP > AIRCRAFT > EQUIPMENT > Page 16 of 17 (OPT EQUIP 4). As with all settings, this is stored per aircraft."

• Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

I am kinda amazed they didn't turn it on by default and make you go into the MCDU to disable it.

1 minute ago, BrammyH said:

I am kinda amazed they didn't turn it on by default and make you go into the MCDU to disable it.

For me it was on by default.  So not sure why not the same for others. 

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Just now, micstatic said:

For me it was on by default.  So not sure why not the same for others. 

Huh. Mine was off.

14 minutes ago, BrammyH said:

Huh. Mine was off.

Mine was off too.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

21 hours ago, Car147 said:

He prefers Into the blue, no word not allowed or bias, says it as it is, and a RW Pilot.

He prefers Xplanes FM over MSFS though. No points here.

Edited by JBDB-MD80

31 minutes ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

He prefers Xplanes FM over MSFS though. No points here.

Good for him, I also have both, but very disappointed in the "Other sim"

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

1 hour ago, roi1862 said:

The Google map integration is great ! love it ! 

My flight was going great, I switched over to the Google map, zoomed in.....CTD 

The Navi map was working fine with zoom etc

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz