Sign in to follow this  
BrammyH

PMDG 737 Tablet Releases 30 October 23

22 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Guess you didn't RTFM which is on the PMDG forum. 

I guess you didn't read the forums where there talking about this.

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/pmdg-tablet/269675-runway-shortening-intersections

• Like 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

My Google map within the EFB now has disclaimers all over the screen saying "For Development Purposes Only." Anyone else see this?

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

Just now, David Mills said:

My Google map within the EFB now has disclaimers all over the screen saying "For Development Purposes Only." Anyone else see this?

Apparently it's an issue with the Google API.

Hmm..  I have the tablet in the 738BCF and BDSF but not in the 'standard' 800? Haven't yet checked the 6 and 700

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Just now, Swe_Richard said:

Hmm..  I have the tablet in the 738BCF and BDSF but not in the 'standard' 800? Haven't yet checked the 6 and 700

Some people it shows up for, and some it doesn't. Go into the MCDU PMDG Setup > Aircraft > Equipment and it's on page 16.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BrammyH said:

Some people it shows up for, and some it doesn't. Go into the MCDU PMDG Setup > Aircraft > Equipment and it's on page 16.

Man, I think I love you! Thank you!

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

30 minutes ago, Swe_Richard said:

You have to switch it on in the FMC for each aircraft. 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Hello Guys,

so I was always excited about PMDG during FS9 times, but unfortunately it is or seems that PMDG really can't keep up with the current developers, be it Fenix or FS Labs.
I have now installed the EFB update and when I load the PMDG the sim freezes for about 10 seconds about every 30 seconds.
I don't have that with the version without EFB!!
Has anyone else noticed this? So I don't have these problems with the Fenix A320, Flybywire A320, 787 Horizon or Headwind A330.
So it's really no fun to fly with it, at least in MSFS in P3D everything from PMDG still works perfectly.

spacer.png

spacer.png    

Cheers

Torsten Künne

8 minutes ago, _Airbus_Fan_ said:

Hello Guys,

so I was always excited about PMDG during FS9 times, but unfortunately it is or seems that PMDG really can't keep up with the current developers, be it Fenix or FS Labs.
I have now installed the EFB update and when I load the PMDG the sim freezes for about 10 seconds about every 30 seconds.
Has anyone else noticed this? So I don't have these problems with the Fenix A320, Flybywire A320, 787 Horizon or Headwind A330.
So it's really no fun to fly with it, at least in MSFS in P3D everything from PMDG still works perfectly.

spacer.png

Might be a good question to ask on the PMDG forum.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

10 minutes ago, _Airbus_Fan_ said:

Hello Guys,

spacer.png

I had a total Sim freeze last night, waited for 10 minutes, had to kill MSFS on task manager. I am not blaming it on the new EFB...just sayin'. I have never had a freeze-up in MSFS like that before.

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I Gigabyte Z790 UD AX| MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker | 850W Thermaltake 80+ GOLD |

7 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Might be a good question to ask on the PMDG forum.

Then maybe, just maybe, MK will comment, "We have never seen that in any test" or "no one else has reported that issue" (which could be true).

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I Gigabyte Z790 UD AX| MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker | 850W Thermaltake 80+ GOLD |

15 minutes ago, TomCYYZ said:

Ich hatte letzte Nacht einen totalen Sim-Freeze, wartete 10 Minuten, musste MSFS im Task-Manager beenden. Ich schiebe die Schuld nicht auf den neuen EFB... Ich sage nur'. Ich hatte noch nie ein solches Einfrieren von MSFS.

I can definitely blame it on the EFB because the version of the 737 without EFB works perfectly.
And since I only updated the 737-900 because I fly it very rarely, and I tested the 737-800 against it and this behavior doesn't occur there, it must be the EFB.

spacer.png    

Cheers

Torsten Künne

16 hours ago, zachlog said:

Currently t is not supported under SU14.

Yes I was eventually going to get to that.

2 hours ago, BrammyH said:

You mean this part?

"When the selected runway has a displaced threshold, this will be shown. Should you wish to take off from a runway intersection, you can insert the remaining runway length by editing the displayed Runway Length."

Edit:

PMDG really had a communication snafu with this. Their techs are all "Ya, that field isn't editable" and the RTFM they direct people to says it is editable.

2 hours ago, Wise87 said:

I guess you didn't read the forums where there talking about this.

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/pmdg-tablet/269675-runway-shortening-intersections

What they (Kok) are saying in the thread is that runway length is supposed to be editable, not that it's locked by design... It's a bug that's being looked at.

• Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

11 minutes ago, threegreen said:

What they (Kok) are saying in the thread is that runway length is supposed to be editable, not that it's locked by design... It's a bug that's being looked at.

Ah, ok.

I wonder if it got locked for some part of testing, and didn't get unlocked after.