Sign in to follow this  
vonduck

CTD's all the time now!

2nd flight. CTD. Same old, same old. 😪

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

On 12/3/2023 at 11:49 AM, MDFlier said:

Seems like you've played around with this long enough. Time to get serious and figure out what is really going on. I suggest enabling memory dumps in Windows and downloading WinDbg (which you can d/l from MS for free). Next time that you get a CTD, locate the dump file (use Explorer to search for *.dmp files with today's date). Run WinDbg as admin, and then select "Open crash dump...". Select the .dmp file corresponding to the time of the crash and let it load. In the window that displays, you'll see a line that reads, "For analysis of this file, run !analyze -v". The part that says "!analyze -v" will be highlighted in blue. Click it and it will run. Now you will see exactly what was going on when it crashed. Paste the results in this thread.

I guess you have not read the entire (long) thread, or you would have seen that I tried changing out ALL hardware and I STILL got the same CTD. So, doing what you suggest is not going to accomplish anything in my situation. Thanks for the suggestion anyway. I have been out of town for the last week, so I cannot do any troubleshooting right now. But, there is nothing left to do, as I have shown, except wait for SU14 or Asobo to fix the issue. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

CTDs definitely much improved for me in SU14, although not eliminated (I just had one loading a flight).

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

I just loaded SU14 and after my last (successful !) flight I hoped for another completed flight. It was not to be. My flight was EGMC to EGGD and the screen froze 20miles short .... at least it wasn't a CTD.

I've had too many to count good, non-CTD flights since that 100Mbits/half duplex change, even with FS Traffic running.  That one simple change has dramatically changed the CTD problem I had which was highly reproducible.  SU14 looks great on my PC too.  Now, I'm not entirely sure what the half-duplex change actually did or if I'd see any changes in the sim itself but I'm happy with it.  If someone wants to chime in and explain how that changed things I'd be very appreciative because networking is not one of my strong suits.

Jack Sawyer

I have ctd regularly after the update, before the start of the flight, the simulator closes by itself, or shortly after, for example, when configuring an fmc, it freezes and locks everything

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

23 hours ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

I've had too many to count good, non-CTD flights since that 100Mbits/half duplex change, even with FS Traffic running.  That one simple change has dramatically changed the CTD problem I had which was highly reproducible.  SU14 looks great on my PC too.  Now, I'm not entirely sure what the half-duplex change actually did or if I'd see any changes in the sim itself but I'm happy with it.  If someone wants to chime in and explain how that changed things I'd be very appreciative because networking is not one of my strong suits.

Same here. Virtually no CTDs since making the 100Mbit/half duplex change. I did this before SU14 and it helped immensely.

• Like 1

No CTD's since SU14. No other changes necessary. 

• Like 2

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

So, I have returned from a ski trip the other day, and have got MSFS all updated with SU14. I have loaded up a flight and just let it sit there for a few hours while I was doing other tasks around the house, and no CTD. BUT, and I stress but, I have not yet had the time to conduct an actual flight from point A to B to see if I get the old SU13 style CTD. I should be able to get one in later today or tomorrow. We'll see what happens.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

Just now, sniper31 said:

So, I have returned from a ski trip the other day, and have got MSFS all updated with SU14. I have loaded up a flight and just let it sit there for a few hours while I was doing other tasks around the house, and no CTD. BUT, and I stress but, I have not yet had the time to conduct an actual flight from point A to B to see if I get the old SU13 style CTD. I should be able to get one in later today or tomorrow. We'll see what happens.

Landon, question though for clarification.  Are you going to reverse the 100 Mbit half duplex change first?

Thanks.

Jack Sawyer

1 minute ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Landon, question though for clarification.  Are you going to reverse the 100 Mbit half duplex change first?

Thanks.

Yes, Jack, I am. That is the only way to test and see if the CTD is the same (if it happens at all....hopefully it won't). 😉 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sniper31 said:

Yes, Jack, I am. That is the only way to test and see if the CTD is the same (if it happens at all....hopefully it won't). 😉 

Thanks Landon.  Because I have had increased time I’ve made dozens of flights with FS Traffic and have not had one CTD so I’m loathe to change it back. However, I have no idea what this duplex change really did.

Jack Sawyer

I got the old famous TBM 930 main power switch CTD today with BS 850 😟

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Well, so much for SU14 now. Out of two flights conducted, same friggin' SU13 CTD error code. I give up....all different hardware, complete reinstall, vanilla MSFS and same old CTD as SU13 and SU14. Argh.....

• Like 1