Sign in to follow this  
vonduck

CTD's all the time now!

19 minutes ago, sniper31 said:

gits and shiggles

That made git a little after I had a good shiggle.

• Like 1

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Dukes, Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

just to make a radical suggestion,

it really does beg the question as to whether SU14 actually performs better with regards to CTDs,

maybe useful to try for those who dare 🙂

& yes, I’m personally using SU14 Beta with latest Windows 11 updates & Nvidia drivers,

no CTD problem here,

& must admit that I’m very pleased with the Seasonic Platinum 1300W PSU with 3090 Strix OC (for those word not allowed micro power spikes that MSFS generates)… 🙂

(most people don’t seem to factor in that a PSU is most efficient in its 50% output power zone)

I've tried reducing my internet speed to 500Mbs and half duplex, and I've reloaded the C++ library with update 3 (14.0.24215). I got to within 5 miles of EGGD after a few hours of flying from LOWI (using real time weather) AND ANOTHER (expletive deleted) CTD ! When will I land this plane !

Any other suggestions for workarounds I haven't tried will be welcome. 

I am losing the will to live.

Edited by thecanarian
Extra detail

This is a total long shot but back in the day there was an association between (wait for it) the sound quality you choose in Windows settings for your soundcard, and the stability of FSX under high-load conditions. 

The relevant setting is hard to find in Windows these days but with Win11 I found it again like this: in settings search for Sound settings > More sound settings > Sound > Speakers > Properties > Advanced > [select lower quality sound from drop down menu]

Edited by tfm

21 minutes ago, thecanarian said:

I've tried reducing my internet speed to 500Mbs and half duplex, and I've reloaded the C++ library with update 3 (14.0.24215). I got to within 5 miles of EGGD after a few hours of flying from LOWI (using real time weather) AND ANOTHER (expletive deleted) CTD ! When will I land this plane !

Guess you didn't see my reply to you on page 14. Did you try that?

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

8 hours ago, thecanarian said:

Sheesh. Why are some people having these problems and some aren't? My internet speed is all over the place. Does this CTD happen on final at other airports? The CTD on final could be from other reasons (TLOD, hitting the object limit etc).

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Dukes, Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

I didn't fly from about July until the beginning of this month and NEVER had any CTD's.  Since starting back up again, I have gotten about 15 CTD's when loading flights in the Fenix.  I get them every time I try to load MSP (flight Beam) and a few other 3rd party airports.  Has a cause been detected?

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

On 11/20/2023 at 4:01 PM, andy1252 said:

n Win11 it is extremely easy as one just types security and maintenance in the search bar window  and you click on maintenance and you have a complete visual daily log of what is happening on your machine.  If you see anything, you click on the item , failures are in red and you immediately get a very detailed output as I did .

I have examined the log for the six flightsim.exe failures during the last 30-days.  

In every single one I see the following:

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.34.16.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.34.16.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000005213630
Faulting process id: 0x0x1A48
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1DA09DD4DD05447
Faulting application path: D:\FlightSim 2020\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: D:\FlightSim 2020\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: 37426b54-bbff-4dc5-b20e-31454b6da197
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

I have used the logs for many years and do not recall ever seeing a useful faulting module name.

Maybe that just means my CTDs are internal to ASOBO code and without symbol tables and memory maps the information here is of no debugging value.

Is there a way to get more useful information?

• Upvote 1

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor

2 hours ago, TacomaSailor said:

I have examined the log for the six flightsim.exe failures during the last 30-days.  

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.34.16.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.34.16.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Faulting application path: D:\FlightSim 2020\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: D:\FlightSim 2020\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe

I have used the logs for many years and do not recall ever seeing a useful faulting module name.

Maybe that just means my CTDs are internal to ASOBO code and without symbol tables and memory maps the information here is of no debugging value.

Is there a way to get more useful information?

Nope. Not even Asobo can use this, it‘s an access violation error but this could be caused by basically anything, from hardware (defective RAM etc.) to software (a mod conflict etc.).

3 hours ago, Sonosusto said:

Sheesh. Why are some people having these problems and some aren't? My internet speed is all over the place. Does this CTD happen on final at other airports? The CTD on final could be from other reasons (TLOD, hitting the object limit etc).

In my case, NO, not during final approach. It happens to me right when I hit the Fly Now button, sometimes in mid-flight at cruise altitude, or after I have landed and have reached a parking spot (at either a busy or completely empty airport).

2 hours ago, TacomaSailor said:

This is the exact same SU13 CTD error code I have been getting. 

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

11 minutes ago, sniper31 said:

Ditto. I just hope MS/Asobo are paying attention. I also hope they've figured out how to fix it in SU14.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sniper31 said:

In my case, NO, not during final approach. It happens to me right when I hit the Fly Now button, sometimes in mid-flight at cruise altitude, or after I have landed and have reached a parking spot (at either a busy or completely empty airport).

Yes, but virtually everytime I got a CTD (in the past as SU13 is very stable for me, sorry) I was getting the same exact error code. This happened on final, mid flight etc. Same code.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sonosusto said:

Yes, but virtually everytime I got a CTD (in the past as SU13 is very stable for me, sorry) I was getting the same exact error code. This happened on final, mid flight etc. Same code.

Gotcha

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

6 minutes ago, sniper31 said:

Gotcha

What's worse is that exception code is infuriating as it means hardly anything at all. I wished AS/MS would get their **** together for those like you who need better answers. When I had the CTD issue in the past the AS/MS representative was not very polite and specifically stated it was "addon" related. Impossible. I had to change my SSD for my OS after a Windows 11 install (Windows 11 install corrupted my computer). So, I had a default Windows 11 and a default MSFS. Asobo was not very helpful.

I wish I could fly/test more or anything for you but we are currently moving so this is my last (WAHH!) day of flight sim until we buy another place. It might be a good month or two. So, I can live vicariously through you by not really flying for a while. 🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sonosusto said:

What's worse is that exception code is infuriating as it means hardly anything at all. I wished AS/MS would get their **** together for those like you who need better answers. When I had the CTD issue in the past the AS/MS representative was not very polite and specifically stated it was "addon" related. Impossible. I had to change my SSD for my OS after a Windows 11 install (Windows 11 install corrupted my computer). So, I had a default Windows 11 and a default MSFS. Asobo was not very helpful.

I wish I could fly/test more or anything for you but we are currently moving so this is my last (WAHH!) day of flight sim until we buy another place. It might be a good month or two. So, I can live vicariously through you by not really flying for a while.

It's all good, I appreciate the support from all the peeps in this thread. You are right, that error code is very much a non-answer, and AS/MS has not helped me at all either. 

Focus on your moving, as that is way more important than my sim issues 😉 

• Like 2