Sign in to follow this  
vonduck

CTD's all the time now!

One other thing I have noticed is that whilst I have always used my PCs sleep mode with MSFS without any issues, since SU13 I always get a CTD after coming out of sleep mode or a few minutes into continuing my flight.  I don't know whether that has any significance.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

7 minutes ago, cianpars said:

One other thing I have noticed is that whilst I have always used my PCs sleep mode with MSFS without any issues, since SU13 I always get a CTD after coming out of sleep mode or a few minutes into continuing my flight.  I don't know whether that has any significance.

That could certainly give additional credence to a network connection issue as well. Many other things as well, of course, but network connections are finicky when coming out of sleep.

• Like 1

I had two CTD's yesterday and one today. Others reported CTD's today too on Microsoft's forum. SU13 is garbage and Microsobo shamelessly didn't even attempt to hotfix it with anything. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

8 minutes ago, cianpars said:

I don't know whether that has any significance.

Not for me it does not. Since my flight sim PC is only on when I am gaming, I have sleep mode disabled. A good thought though. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

41 minutes ago, sniper31 said:

I am starting to agree and lean to the same thoughts with the cause and also the work around. I am on my 6th successful flight after the 100Mbps Half Duplex change, and no CTD's yet. My MSFS install is still in a vanilla state, and I am still flying default everything. Still need to knock out some more successful flights in default mode, then eventually start to add in some addons and see what happens. 

I think you'll find that even if you reload everything, the half Duplex solution works. I have a significant set off addons enabled currently, all world and city updates, and the half duplex solution works every time. I get more stutters than I did pre-SU13, but I don't know if that's a network speed issue (and suspected syncing issue) or an SU13 issue.

Removing the photogrammetry cities made no difference.

Edited by mmcmah

I'm having much more 0xxxxxx0005 CTDs since SU13. Before SU13 I had maybe one every 6 months. My setup is the same and temps are perfect. It's definitely the SU13 and/or some server-side stuff.

Just now, Fiorentoni said:

I'm having much more 0xxxxxx0005 CTDs since SU13. Before SU13 I had maybe one every 6 months. My setup is the same and temps are perfect. It's definitely the SU13 and/or some server-side stuff.

100% SU13 is hosed. I haven't had a single CTD since SU5 and all of the sudden I am showered with them. What irks me is the fact that they're not hotfixing it with anything. Ugh. It's like I'm back in the FSX praying that it doesn't crash on final after a 3h+ flight. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

4 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

This is the exact code I am getting when I have my CTD's. And it all started with SU13 for me. 

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

Just tried a couple flights... 3 CTD's all while setup on FP setup page page. Seems to happen a lot but runs fine once finally loaded.

NOT beta

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

11 hours ago, sniper31 said:

This is the exact code I am getting when I have my CTD's. And it all started with SU13 for me. 

Problem is that‘s a standard/default code, that can be basically triggered by anything. It‘s totally useless, they could just as much give a popup „MSFS crashed but we have no idea why because we didn‘t bother to differentiate the exception errors“. 

• Like 1

I've had 5 attempts trying to get from LOWI to EGGD and on my sixth I tried the NIC workaround ie 100MB and half duplex. I hadn't loaded an approach into my BlackSquare B38 with the TDS GTN 750 I did it by the ILS in my NAV 1 with the APR in my AP. I got to within 2 miles of touchdown (after a few hours of flying) and got stuffed with MY SIXTH CTD in a row ! When will I ever be able to land my plane again !!!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, thecanarian said:

I've had 5 attempts trying to get from LOWI to EGGD and on my sixth I tried the NIC workaround ie 100MB and half duplex. I hadn't loaded an approach into my BlackSquare B38 with the TDS GTN 750 I did it by the ILS in my NAV 1 with the APR in my AP. I got to within 2 miles of touchdown (after a few hours of flying) and got stuffed with MY SIXTH CTD in a row ! When will I ever be able to land my plane again !!!

Dang.  I’ve been following this thread for a while now and it’s getting depressing.  

• Like 1

Jack Sawyer

7 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

Problem is that‘s a standard/default code, that can be basically triggered by anything. It‘s totally useless, they could just as much give a popup „MSFS crashed but we have no idea why because we didn‘t bother to differentiate the exception errors“. 

Yes, agreed, it is indeed a rather vague error code. From what I can surmise, and also based on all of my testing and research, it at least tells me it's a software error code of some sort(s). In my situation, I have ruled out hardware, which if you have followed this thread are more than aware, but you are right. Trying to nail down what software issue the code is pointing to has proven extremely difficult. Maybe if I climb on top of my PC desk and do a kabooki dance, burn some incense, and chant in basic programming language, the solution will present itself. 😁 It's getting to that level....geez, I need a vacation...lol.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sniper31 said:

Maybe if I climb on top of my PC desk and do a kabooki dance, burn some incense, and chant in basic programming language, the solution will present itself. 😁 It's getting to that level....geez, I need a vacation...lol.

LAUGHING OUT LOUD!!!!  🤣

That was brilliant Landon, you just made my day.

Jack Sawyer

10 minutes ago, sniper31 said:

I need a vacation...lol.

I think after this week, you should.

Have you installed the rest of the World Updates yet and everything else (default)? I keep thinking that there is some sort of conflict especially if you ruled out the data issues.

Edited by Sonosusto

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Dukes, Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---