Sign in to follow this  
MrFuzzy

Frame generation for all RTX cards

2 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

Have you rebooted the PC after enabling HAGS and are you using DX12?

Also check if you copied the files in the right directory. For Steam it is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\

You have to copy the files in the folder where FlightSimulator.exe is.

Yeah, HAGS enabled and rebooted, I am using DX12 and I copied the 2 files into the directory containing the msfs exe.

The only mistake I made was double clicking the reg file.  I didn't have an option to merge in the dialogue menu though.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

It's a bit ironic that Nvidia users can use FSR3 frame generation in MSFS before AMD users. 

But anyway, good to see that things are moving in this area.

I'm pretty sure FSR3 Frame Generation will be implemented with the next Sim Update. And Fluid Motion Frames (AMD's driver side frame generation) are probably ready for an official release soon too. 

• Like 2

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

Oh dear... Couple of days ago that adaptive lod thing and now this... I guess they can be used at the same time...? RTX 2060 super owner here so following with interest... 

• Like 1

Tapani Österberg

1 hour ago, MrFuzzy said:

I noticed that if render scaling is increased, artifacts affect not only the interface but also the graphics.

That’ll be it. I’m very comfortable with my render scale of 120, and taking it back to 100 might be a compromise too far.

Maybe I’ll try the adaptive LOD at the weekend instead😅

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

1 minute ago, scotchegg said:

That’ll be it. I’m very comfortable with my render scale of 120, and taking it back to 100 might be a compromise too far.

Maybe I’ll try the adaptive LOD at the weekend instead😅

Use DSR instead of render scale and you should be fine

• Like 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Will wait for the official version. 

• Like 3

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

4 minutes ago, Virtpilot said:

Oh dear... Couple of days ago that adaptive lod thing and now this... I guess they can be used at the same time...? RTX 2060 super owner here so following with interest... 

Jensen Huang reading this thread

jensen-huang.jpg?w=1200&strip=all

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

1 hour ago, threegreen said:

I assume this still won't work in VR?

1 hour ago, Zcott said:

Interested to know this as well. 

DLSS3 Frame Generation does not work in VR and likely never will. VR already does it's own motion interpolation tuned for latency 

Excuse the background text colour, copied from the web.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

1 hour ago, threegreen said:

1 hour ago, Zcott said:

Edited by MarcG
Double post

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

48 minutes ago, David Roch said:

2. Locate your game's installation directory.

Where exactly should we drop the 2 files?
In that folder? "C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe

I have the store version and dropped mine in my customised location which is "C:\Flight Simulator 2020\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Content

Working as it should (thankfully)

• Like 2

I use FG on my 4090 for multiple games and it’s just the best thing that’s ever happened in terms of hardware. 

• Like 2

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

If I understand correctly, this hack is NOT activating nvidia frame generation in cards below the 40 series, which I suspect strongly is genuinly not possible.

Instead, its simply substituiting/interjecting AMD's already card-agnostic FSR technology in such a way as make a given game think its accessing frame generation while actually using AMD's FSR instead.

Which is cool and all, but I think FSR will be coming to most/many games soon anyways, so....... 

Edited by HiFlyer
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

4 minutes ago, soppie said:

I have the store version and dropped mine in my customised location which is "C:\Flight Simulator 2020\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Content

Working as it should (thankfully)

Thank you ! 👍

• Like 1

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

13 minutes ago, MarcG said:

DLSS3 Frame Generation does not work in VR and likely never will. VR already does it's own motion interpolation tuned for latency 

Excuse the background text colour, copied from the web.

Thanks, shame about this. 

30 minutes ago, Virtpilot said:

Yes, I'm using both now and it's the best performance I've ever had with MSFS.  I had to previously reduce LOD to 85 to avoid panning stutters on the ground which I still have set but now it automatically raises LOD to 150 and then 200 as I climb.  A high LOD setting never caused me stutters above about 5,000 AGL so this seamless transition works perfectly.

The only downside I have noticed is that you are forced to us DX12 with the FSR mod which I never had great experience with and have noticed those same issues now that I have switched from DX11 to DX12 in order to use the FSR mod.  I'm going to have to reduce texture resolution I think but will play around with it some more.

Ryan