MrFuzzy

Frame generation for all RTX cards

21 hours ago, Lucky38i said:

It's not a hack, FSR support frame generation for all Nvidia RTX cards as-well as 5000-7000 series amd cards. It's an algorithm based frame generation instead of AI frame gen that requires the tensor cores that 4000 series has.

So this "mod" also gives "FG" for AMD cards?

I'm really tempted to try AMD next time around.

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

1 hour ago, Republic3D said:

So this "mod" also gives "FG" for AMD cards?

I'm really tempted to try AMD next time around.

No, This replaces the DLSS Nvidia option, so not available on AMD cards. If you want FG, for the time being you can use AFMF.

Seems to work fine for me after some initial testing, but I need to use it for longer to make sure it doesn't crash on longer flights.

Getting 80 FPS over major cities now instead of ~40 and it looks a lot smoother too. Since I have a 170 hz monitor with VRR, it's easy to perceive the increase smoothness. It also masks the micro-stutters that can happen from time to time. Input latency is of course still the same as it was at 40 FPS, which is especially noticeable when panning, but as long as you tweak settings so your base frame rate is well above 30, it's fine, especially in a flight sim which isn't twitchy like a first person shooter for example. It's not a magic fix that will make your 10-15 FPS feel like 30+, it's more for just increasing smoothness when you already have a decent frame rate.

Edited by JimmiG
  • Upvote 1

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

6 hours ago, Noel said:

Not ready for prime time.

Agreed. 

With the mod I can maintain 60fps - hoorah!  However, FTV were stuttery - Booo!  Add to that the ghosting and the other problems with DX12, I went straight back to my completely smooth, zero stutter & no FTV variance - miles better.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

9 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Agreed. 

With the mod I can maintain 60fps - hoorah!  However, FTV were stuttery - Booo!  Add to that the ghosting and the other problems with DX12, I went straight back to my completely smooth, zero stutter & no FTV variance - miles better.

I can tell you when I set NVCP max rate to 1000, and used RTSS to lock at 35, we of course got 70FPS.  I did run a capture and the results were good!  But the ghosting and the issue re my 2nd screen remain show stoppers here.  

Cheers

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Found what seems to be a sweet spot using Freesync capped at 60 FPS when I previously locked at 40 FPS without the mod (uncapped makes my GPU fans scream like hell though I've had 185 FPS over the sea).

Seems quite smooth but the menus are all over the place using TrackIR and I have a few artifacts here and there (will test v0.70 tomorrow if I get a few spare moments).

This is not mainstream yet, but happy to be involved in testing the concept and reporting findings.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

I was hoping this mod would help delay having to upgrade my modest i7-8700@3.20GHz RTX 2070 pc. Without using an fps counter, I clearly see the improved quality and smoothness. But I can't seem to get rid of the extreme tearing that happens to cockpit instruments with the slightest movement of the aircraft and the whole aircraft when panning in external view. I have tried just about every combination of nvidia and in-sim settings, but its not going away. Have tried both 0.60 and 0.50 with the same result. Such a pity as I'm so close I can taste it.

12 minutes ago, Darth_Vapor666 said:

I was hoping this mod would help delay having to upgrade my modest i7-8700@3.20GHz RTX 2070 pc. Without using an fps counter, I clearly see the improved quality and smoothness. But I can't seem to get rid of the extreme tearing that happens to cockpit instruments with the slightest movement of the aircraft and the whole aircraft when panning in external view. I have tried just about every combination of nvidia and in-sim settings, but its not going away. Have tried both 0.60 and 0.50 with the same result. Such a pity as I'm so close I can taste it.

Have you tried 0.70 yet?

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

My approach is unorthodox because I am using my Samsung 4KTV Judder Reduction setting in combination with dlssg-to-fsr3-0.70 at 30hz and DymanicLOD v0.3.1

I'm getting the smoothest 60 frames per second on screen that I have ever seen. I'm astonished it works. I've asked people with 4000series card and Samsung TV's to do this experiment in the past but no one would oblige me. I was told it wouldn't work. Well it does! I couldn't get smooth results out of dlssg-to-fsr3-0.70 at 50 or 60hz and Overlay menu's where all over the place. But it worked beautifully at 30hz and with far less artifact. So at 30hz the GPU is rendering 15fps and FG is bring that to 30. The frame interpolation on my TV is taking the 30 and bring it up to 60. So I'm getting 60fps out of 15fps rendered. I know no one believes me!🤣 But I also know that there is a fringe group of simmers on here who do use TV frame interpolation. You guys know who you are! I'd strongly suggest you give this a go. For some reason the TV seems to like the 30 FPS its getting from the GPU when its using FG than the 30fps it was getting before I tried this. The end result is the same 60fps on screen but its a lot smoother and has far fewer artifacts. I'm dumb founded!

Edited by FBW737
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, FBW737 said:

I was looking at the issues section for this Hack on Github and noticed Core Isolation being referred too by a couple of people saying they have run it without issue.

Anybody here know what they mean by Core Isolation? I've never heard of it.

Me neither, but I'll try turning it off, I only use my PC for flightsim so I'm not worried about security on it, I use an iMac for everything else.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

1 hour ago, cianpars said:

Have you tried 0.70 yet?

So this partly works. Its great with one screen, but as as soon as I go multi-monitor, the issue returns. Its very strange as there is absolutely no screen tearing without fsr3 enabled.

Guess I will just try to enjoy these new found frames on a single monitor for now and hopefully its improved in the future. Thanks for your help.

Wow I managed to get it to work with my GTX 1080ti, you have to replace your nvapi64.dll in your system32 folder with a fake one that you can find in this link

https://github.com/FakeMichau/nvapi-dummy

DLSS will not work for obvious reasons but the frame generation option will appear.

I tested very little because I have to wake up early tomorrow. Don't forget to make a backup of nvapi64.dll if you want to test.

credits to the user "Milhoroxo" who posted the method on Nexus mod page.

Edited by EduSCA
  • Like 2

I'm about to sell a 3070ti. I wonder if the resale market will get a little more action on the 30xx cards now.

• Like 1

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

my 3060 crashes constantly when I try to use DX12 for some reason, but for the 20 so minutes it was running, frame generation felt good.

Edited by Tuskin38