Sign in to follow this  
MrFuzzy

Frame generation for all RTX cards

Thumbs up from me too.   Been trying out last few days.   After experiencing this with overall fluidity, cant go back, and will have to tolerate the side effects of the camera panning jitter.  The issue is the freesync monitor  lowest refresh is 48hz to use freesync, although rarely got that much before in fps to match, but this mod helps keep that with enough overhead to be a whole lot more smoother.   

This is all off my now outdated 2080TI.   Gave it a little more life, until stupid Nvidia stops being so greedy with outrageous pricing.  Clearly not an issue for many , since the Navigraph survey has the 4090 as the top card in use by a long shot.   Wow.   @ nearly $2000/card.   

• Like 1

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

3 hours ago, wiler said:

I have similar system, whats your settings in MSFS ?   

VSync off in MSFS, forced on in NVCP. 

Graphics settings: Motion blur off, lens flare and correction off, 3440x1440 Ultra / TAA 100% / AMD sharpening 100 and the following changes in Usercfg.opt

{Graphics
    Version 1.1.0
    Preset Custom

{Shadows
        MaxSliceCount 4
        Size 4096

{ReflectionProbe
        Size 512

Edited by MrFuzzy
  • Like 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

2 hours ago, roi1862 said:

Sadly i do not have another 157gb on the same drive for this trick... 

Like others have said you do not need that amount of space, it just moves the core installation which is a couple of gigs. Does it not state that in the instructions? I've certainly read it elsewhere

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

2 hours ago, Claudius_ said:

I decided to try this FG thing and I tested it for several flights with the FBW A320, the Fenix A320, the DC-6 and other GA planes and it works quite well. I have a 5900x coupled with a rtx 3080, after few attempts I decided to limit the fps at 59 with the Nvidia panel and I found the sweet point. It's not perfect, there is light stutter with dense clouds, but it's flyable much better than before, when I locked the fps at 30. Another great success from the free devs side, and shame to Nvidia to restrict this feauture just to the 4.XXX series.

actually this FSR3 works totally different then Nvidia's approach. This is more software based as Nvidia is using the graphics card features which the lower end cards don't have as I understand it correctly.

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

1 minute ago, pilotter said:

actually this FSR3 works totally different then Nvidia's approach. This is more software based as Nvidia is using the graphics card features which the lower end cards don't have as I understand it correctly.

My 59 fluid fps with heavy airplanes are a clear example what my 'old' 3080 can do with this mod.

• Like 2

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

I got this mod working and when everything was smooth 60 fps is pretty amazing. But stutters, freezes and various artifacts forced me to remove it. Now i need a 4000 card!

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

2 minutes ago, RobJC said:

I got this mod working and when everything was smooth 60 fps is pretty amazing. But stutters, freezes and various artifacts forced me to remove it. Now i need a 4000 card!

Get a ryzen 7000 x3d before you get the 4000 series card.  I think the main thread is still a bottleneck for you.  I have a 3080 and get smooth 90FPS w the mod and 0 stutters. Cap frames at 90FPS in NCP and watch the magic. 

• Like 1

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

2 minutes ago, RobJC said:

My 3080 is not different by yours, maybe you have a weak CPU? you have to find your sweet point through some flight tests, or your newer 4000 card will give your another stutter feast (if not coupled to a stronger CPU).

• Like 1

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

21 hours ago, Ron Lefebvre said:

Same here. I disabled the whole thing. So many things going wrong.

It also made me want to update my 3070 but so far I am holding strong.

looking forward to hear if you think the upgrade is worth it

Ron

OK well the 4080 gives me a few extra FPS at a cost of £250 per one FPS. The extra VRAM is definitely a good thing with less of those memory loading stutters. As for DX12, DLSS and Frame Generation, it's poo! The degraded graphics are horrid. I'm still sticking with DX11 and TAA.

Maybe not the right place for this question, but when I try to move the two files where the msfs.exe is that folder tells me there is not enough space in that folder so I can't move them in there.  Any thoughts or direction?

Hello

I also got it working with my RTX3090. Settings as suggested and set the limit to 59 because I am running 3 Samsung TVs at 60Hz in MSFS2020 with Experimental. Now my problem is that I mainly have strong distortions on the middle TV. Practically none on the left and right. Is this due to possible settings or the software itself? 

thanks for your tips.

kind regards Ramon

56 minutes ago, Claudius_ said:

My 3080 is not different by yours, maybe you have a weak CPU? you have to find your sweet point through some flight tests, or your newer 4000 card will give your another stutter feast (if not coupled to a stronger CPU).

57 minutes ago, wiler said:

Get a ryzen 7000 x3d before you get the 4000 series card.  I think the main thread is still a bottleneck for you.  I have a 3080 and get smooth 90FPS w the mod and 0 stutters. Cap frames at 90FPS in NCP and watch the magic. 

Thanks guys! Will go that route first. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

I'm still using this hack without any major issues other than the known artifacts and distortion of the menus.  However, I've just gone to clean my Nvidia DX cache and found it empty (It's set to100 GB in the Nvidia control panel).  If you can check your caches and confirm the same it would be interesting.

Is a cache being produced elsewhere or is the mod not caching anything at all?

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Has anyone figured out the stutters? I have an i9-9900k & 3080 10gb. 

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

I have a 2800Ti and it's not working for me... 😐

I enabled "Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling", restarted my PC, merged the file with the registry and copied both files into my MSFS2020 installation (MS Store version).

As soon as I enable "Frame Generation" inside MSFS2020, everything becomes "sluggish"...

The menu animations and the mouse pointer move slowly across the screen. A menu option only registers after clicking several times.

I haven't even tried the "Fly" button yet...

Any thoughts?

Regards,

Hugo Bravo

LPPT