Sign in to follow this  
MrFuzzy

Frame generation for all RTX cards

23 hours ago, vbazillio said:

I do. My monitor is max 60hz, I set MSFS at 30fps (via NCP) and the Frame Generation mod with my 3080 makes it 60 fps.

PS: my only drawback is that my GPU's fans are too much noisy is this configuration.

I also have a 60Hz display, but I have my frame capped in NCP at 60fps. Should I change it to 30?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

59 minutes ago, captain420 said:

I also have a 60Hz display, but I have my frame capped in NCP at 60fps. Should I change it to 30?

My bad. It’s a typo. I set MSFS at 60 fps via NCP.

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

I have an RTX3080 and a G Sync 2k monitor and got best results using FRG with G sync turned off in my monitors settings, Nvidia control panel & windows and run the monitor at 60 hz with a max framerate in the Nvidia control panel set at 60 with v sync set to 100%.

I normally get 60 FPS other than around a few high density scenery areas and can turn down TLOD and OLOD a little if flying in these few areas (where I have a lot of FPS sapping addons).

Even London and New York, where I have quite a few addons, my framerate doesn't drop much below 60 using DLSS and DX12.

Edited by cianpars
  • Like 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

7 hours ago, captain420 said:

Where to get Auto LOD widget for FlowPro?

Flightsim.to has it.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

2 hours ago, MrFuzzy said:

What issue does GSync cause exactly?

I'd also like to know about that.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

It seems that the new NVidia driver (546.65) does not allow the FG mod working. The option has disappeared from the MSFS options screen.

It this right or not?

Thanks.

Patrice Dubois

13 minutes ago, patrice_bambou said:

It seems that the new NVidia driver (546.65) does not allow the FG mod working. The option has disappeared from the MSFS options screen.

It this right or not?

Thanks.

I think it's OK. I have have 546.65 and the mod is still working.

Rick Abshier

37 minutes ago, patrice_bambou said:

It this right or not?

Thanks.

With any previous driver updates it will reset the registry. If you are using the version of the mod with the reg batch file then you need to reapply it

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

4 minutes ago, cj-ibbotson said:

With any previous driver updates it will reset the registry. If you are using the version of the mod with the reg batch file then you need to reapply it

Or, better yet, get the latest version that doesn't mess with the registry.

Rick Abshier

49 minutes ago, patrice_bambou said:

It this right or not?

Thanks.

Working fine here, though I am using one of the later versions of FRG that didn't require any registry changes.  Not convinced that this driver is particularly great though and am thinking of rolling back to the 546.33 which seemed smoother to me.  Anyone else not impressed with this driver in general?

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

6 minutes ago, cianpars said:

Working fine here, though I am using one of the later versions of FRG that didn't require any registry changes.  Not convinced that this driver is particularly great though and am thinking of rolling back to the 546.33 which seemed smoother to me.  Anyone else not impressed with this driver in general?

I'm on 546.33 and a quick look at the release for 546.65 shows nothing of note that would affect anything I run.

Plus, with the latest FRG version and the DLOD mod, everything is running so well I'm solidly in the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" camp" .

FWIW, islandsimpilot posted a youtube video with his initial thoughts on 546.65 and found nothing untoward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAs_50gdrkA

• Like 1

Lloyd Noel (Ontario, Canada)

Intel i9 10900KF@5.2GHz / NZXT Kraken X73 AIO / MSI MPG Z590 Gaming+ / 32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance LPX / Gigabyte RTX3080Ti Gaming OC / Corsair RM1000e 1KW PS / 1TB WD Black M.2 (Win 11 Pro) / 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 .(MSFS2020) / 512GB Sabrent Rocket M.2 (XP12) / 1TB TimeTec SATA (Misc. & FS Support)

13 hours ago, cianpars said:

I have an RTX3080 and a G Sync 2k monitor and got best results using FRG with G sync turned off in my monitors settings, Nvidia control panel & windows and run the monitor at 60 hz with a max framerate in the Nvidia control panel set at 60 with v sync set to 100%.

I normally get 60 FPS other than around a few high density scenery areas and can turn down TLOD and OLOD a little if flying in these few areas (where I have a lot of FPS sapping addons).

Even London and New York, where I have quite a few addons, my framerate doesn't drop much below 60 using DLSS and DX12.

It works fine for me.

In Windows settings, I set my refresh rate to 120Hz (not the highest, 144Hz simply because I like keeping everything in even multiples of 30 for smoothness).

In NCP (in the Flight Simulator profile), I have "Monitor Technology" set to G-Sync compatible and I have "Vertical sync" set to application controlled (I understand that this should be on, but this is how it works best for me after trying both ways). "Preferred Refresh Rate" set to highest available and "Power Management Mode" set to prefer max performance.

In game, "Vertical sync" off, "Anti-Aliasing" set to DLSS Super Resolution, and "DLSS Super Resolution" set to DLAA, and of course, "Motion Blur" set to off.

See if it works for you set up like that.

Edited by MDFlier
  • Like 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

3 hours ago, patrice_bambou said:

It this right or not?

Thanks.

Mine is working, though I had to put the two dlls in a different folder. For some unknown reason I have two Microsoft Flight Simulator folders in my XBox Games folder. I always put the modded dlls in one of them until this driver update, this time it didn't work. I put them in the other one, then it worked.

Who knows.

The new 546.65 driver seems to be running better today, so I will probably stick with it for now.  I think the choppiness yesterday may have been due to rebuilding the DX caches, which I cleared out before installing the new driver.

Edited by cianpars